SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

Und  would love a rematch.  Carson was the reason why ndsu won.  Ndsu had by far and away their worst running game.  The "high school"'team had something to do with that.  Ndsu would never hit 150 yards rushing against und......never!  

Und belonged in the playoffs and the entire fcs world knows that.... They were screwed without doubt!

If if's and buts were candy and nuts , every day would be Christmas....

Glad to see you are salivating about a rematch with a weakened NDSU team. Nice to see the real competitor in you wouldn't want to prove UND could hang in there with Carson.

UND didn't prove anything. They were a mediocre 7 win team. 

Edited by 2011BisonAlumni

Meh I don't really care. NDSU kicked UND's ass. UND was selling out the run so NDSU took what the defense gave them.

NDSU proved they were the vastly superior team. UND proved they are not quite plsyiff caliber.

Best of luck in 2016. UND has a cakewalk schedule. 8 wins should be possible.

und sells out against the run against everyone, you fricking idiot!!!  Towards the end I the season is when the young secondary was finally gelling!!   No one can run against und.... no one!  Actually there were 4 other teams that did better then ndsu against und.   Ndsu is very average on rush offense.   Hope you enjoyed Carson's time there

und sells out against the run against everyone, you fricking idiot!!!  Towards the end I the season is when the young secondary was finally gelling!!   No one can run against und.... no one!  Actually there were 4 other teams that did better then ndsu against und.   Ndsu is very average on rush offense.   Hope you enjoyed Carson's time there

I don't really care. The point of the game is to win. NDSU did that. 34-9.-Ass kicking.The position of QB is important to winning games. Maybe UND should recruit and develop one so they can win big games.

Yes I did enjoy his time there. I have also enjoyed watching his freshman backup go 5-0 and put up awesome numbers. NDSU will be spoiled for the next 3 years.

Best of luck to the Fighting Hawks in 2016.

Glad to see you are salivating about a rematch with a weakened NDSU team. Nice to see the real competitor in you wouldn't want to prove UND could hang in there with Carson.

Never said ifs or buts once, just facts.   Don't like facts? Your a prime target for hooked on phonics boy!  

.....and NDSU would be a full member of the Big 12 in all sports, not just wrestling. :silly:

You just keep running your big, fat mouth on here. Because when the shoe is on the other foot (and that day is coming), I am going to shove it all back in your face and I will enjoy every second of it. I have had it up to my eyeballs with you and your FBS-wannabe FB team. That will make the role reversal that much sweeter.

GO FIGHTING HAWKS, GO GRIZ AND GO BIG SKY CONFERENCE

• Upvote 1

I don't really care. The point of the game is to win. NDSU did that. 34-9.-Ass kicking.The position of QB is important to winning games. Maybe UND should recruit and develop one so they can win big games.

Yes I did enjoy his time there. I have also enjoyed watching his freshman backup go 5-0 and put up awesome numbers. NDSU will be spoiled for the next 3 years.

Best of luck to the Fighting Hawks in 2016.

UND deserved to be in the playoffs this season. They ended the season on a 3-game winning streak, won 7 DI games, beat a ranked/seeded FCS playoff team on the road, and beat an FBS team. Also, UND played a lot of freshmen and sophomores, unlike NDSU. As a result, UND was a way better football team at the end of the season compared to early in the season when UND played NDSU. If you can't understand basic team progression, then stop commenting on this site; your trolling attempts are too obvious because you can't rationalize anything if it promotes UND (even independently of NDSU). UND was a better team on the field and on paper relative to New Hampshire and Eastern Illinois (also, argument could be made against Western Illinois). Point is, UND should've been in the playoffs. If you can't understand that by analyzing the schedules, rosters, circumstances (injuries), and results from today's FCS playoff Round I, then, again, you have no business commenting on this site. You're just piggybacking off of the FCS playoff selection committee's ridiculous decision, and yet, somehow, that makes you feel superior. Good for you, NDSU Class of 2011. 

UND is improving year after year under the tutelage of Bubba. I could care less about NDSU right now because I know UND will be better in 2016 than they were in 2015. Soon, very soon, UND will be winning the Big Sky Conference and winning FCS playoff games, regardless of what NDSU does. 

• Upvote 2

.....and NDSU would be a full member of the Big 12 in all sports, not just wrestling. :silly:

You just keep running your big, fat mouth on here. Because when the shoe is on the other foot (and that day is coming), I am going to shove it all back in your face and I will enjoy every second of it. I have had it up to my eyeballs with you and your FBS-wannabe FB team. That will make the role reversal that much sweeter.

GO FIGHTING HAWKS, GO GRIZ AND GO BIG SKY CONFERENCE

Ya maybe NDSU will get beat this year. I don't really care too much. I just watched them complete the greatest run in FCS history. I'll be satisfied for a long time.

I realize you guys can't wait to see it happen. Hopefully you you guys will get to enjoy it as much as your hypothetical playoff run has been this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UND deserved to be in the playoffs this season. They ended the season on a 3-game winning streak, won 7 DI games, beat a ranked/seeded FCS playoff team on the road, and beat an FBS team. Also, UND played a lot of freshmen and sophomores, unlike NDSU. As a result, UND was a way better football team at the end of the season compared to early in the season when UND played NDSU. If you can't understand basic team progression, then stop commenting on this site; your trolling attempts are too obvious because you can't rationalize anything if it goes against NDSU. UND was a better team on the field and on paper relative to New Hampshire and Eastern Illinois (also, argument could be made against Western Illinois). Point is, UND should've been in the playoffs. If you can't understand that by analyzing the schedules, rosters, circumstances (injuries), and results from today's FCS playoff Round I, then, again, you have no business commenting on this site. You're just piggybacking off of the FCS playoff selection committee's ridiculous decision, and yet, somehow, that makes you feel superior. Good for you, NDSU Class of 2011. 

UND is improving year after year under the tutelage of Bubba. I could care less about NDSU right now because I know UND will be better in 2016 than they were in 2015. Soon, very soon, UND will be winning the Big Sky Conference and winning FCS playoff games, regardless of what NDSU does. 

Well the selection committee didn't see it that way I guess. 

Yes UND  playing well down the stretch. They also didn't play anyone great during that stretch.

Ya maybe NDSU will get beat this year. I don't really care too much. I just watched them complete the greatest run in FCS history. I'll be satisfied for a long time.

I realize you guys can't wait to see it happen. Hopefully you you guys will get to enjoy it as much as your hypothetical playoff run has been this year.

What happens during the next five years under Bubba's leadership will be anything but "hypothetical". Do not forget that. Judgment Day is coming. The FCS will rue the day that UND was screwed out of a spot in the 2015 playoffs.

UND deserved to be in the playoffs this season. They ended the season on a 3-game winning streak, won 7 DI games, beat a ranked/seeded FCS playoff team on the road, and beat an FBS team. Also, UND played a lot of freshmen and sophomores, unlike NDSU. As a result, UND was a way better football team at the end of the season compared to early in the season when UND played NDSU. If you can't understand basic team progression, then stop commenting on this site; your trolling attempts are too obvious because you can't rationalize anything if it promotes UND (even independently of NDSU). UND was a better team on the field and on paper relative to New Hampshire and Eastern Illinois (also, argument could be made against Western Illinois). Point is, UND should've been in the playoffs. If you can't understand that by analyzing the schedules, rosters, circumstances (injuries), and results from today's FCS playoff Round I, then, again, you have no business commenting on this site. You're just piggybacking off of the FCS playoff selection committee's ridiculous decision, and yet, somehow, that makes you feel superior. Good for you, NDSU Class of 2011. 

I just went over our roster. I counted 31 players who were either a True Freshman, RS Freshman or a sophomore who received extensive playing time. Some were even starters.

NDSU didn't need to thump their chest about beating a crappy FBS team in order to say "this is why we should be playoff eligible". You can argue that the 2010 team might have got in due to beating Kansas, but they had several wins over ranked teams that year and were never blown out.

UND looked like a high school team against NDSU and Montana. They also played a relatively weak schedule. They were obviously not a slam dunk playoff team. You can say EIU did not deserve it. I'll give you that. With that being said WIU is definitely a better team than UND. They did not have a single cupcake Drake type team , which UND had, in order to get to 7 wins. They had a significantly harder schedule and beat 3 playoff teams.

Your right, ndsu rushing offense had 42 car 115 yards 2.7 ave  zero tds.   So yes, statistically you're right, the worst. Even with carson ndsu had there 3rd worst offensive output of the year.  Santiago had 4 carries, ndsu never had the pleasure to witness the best back in fcs.   

In case you haven't  noticed, when NDSU gets a big lead, they get conservative and runnthe ball even when teams have 8 or 9 in the box. See the UND game, SDSU game among others. They like to run clock when their defense has proven rhe ability to completely shut down the other teams offense. UND.

Santiago may be the best back in the FCS when he has a clean hole or a clear path to the outside, but he isn't breaking many tackles or running over people. When you are dodging 2 or 3 d-lineman like he was against NDSU, it is tough to get going. I don't see why a rematch would be any different. NDSU's front seven manhandled your o-line. It would happen again. 

What happens during the next five years under Bubba's leadership will be anything but "hypothetical". Do not forget that. Judgment Day is coming. The FCS will rue the day that UND was screwed out of a spot in the 2015 playoffs.

you are very dramatic.  

• Upvote 1

In case you haven't  noticed, when NDSU gets a big lead, they get conservative and runnthe ball even when teams have 8 or 9 in the box. See the UND game, SDSU game among others. They like to run clock when their defense has proven rhe ability to completely shut down the other teams offense. UND.

Santiago may be the best back in the FCS when he has a clean hole or a clear path to the outside, but he isn't breaking many tackles or running over people. When you are dodging 2 or 3 d-lineman like he was against NDSU, it is tough to get going. I don't see why a rematch would be any different. NDSU's front seven manhandled your o-line. It would happen again. 

Somebody hasn't been watching UND very much. Santiago devastates with his stuff arm and breaks quite a few tackles.

• Upvote 1

straight from our QB, who makes the protection checks.  "My guards, tackles, and backs could not hear me".  

We barely blocked anyone and our coaching staff failed us.  I said after the game we should have ran our pistol/ shotgun run package, which we did in every other game, a similar package that USD runs, the one that had no issues with the noise or Bison defense.  Also, Clive was out so we could have used him to stretch the field.  Anyway, we got smoked but I put it more on the game plan and stubbornness of scheme than the players getting 'manhandled'.  

UND vs. NDSU round 2 would be much closer just as NDSU vs. Griz will be a different game (although I hope not)

• Upvote 1

Its very simple, simple man.  Ndsu COULD NOT RUN on und. First half stats were bad other then Carson's arm.   All that talk of their great o line and a "big fluffy" team controls them. Controls them!!!! Carson was sacked numerous times or had to run for his life, not to mention no rb had more then 5 yards running.   There was a 40ish yard run that really inflated the final stats but that will happen.   I will repeat this, no team in fcs will be able to run on und.  Their extremely young secondary was getting better towards seasons end.   Still a work in progress but getting better.  

You have to be kidding about santiago!  Wow!!  Pound for pound the strongest guy on the team and his stiff arm sits LBs down.  

I mentioned I was impressed with your front.  That was early for und.  Once they plugged in true fresh Grady and did some shuffling, the line was fantastic.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm trying hard to ignor Griz fans, too, this week. I really want to root for them on Saturday as a member of the BSC, but after seeing a sampling of their trolls on Facebook, degrading the rest of the BSC, especially SUU and PSU, it's making it really difficult to like them. They come off as entitled and arrogant as the trash that spills over here (save for Bison73 and the like). READERS DIGEST VERSION: Griz trolls saw nothing wrong with the noncalled PI against SUU; just part of the game unless "it's against us." And It seems the Griz would have destroyed everyone in its path were it not for injuries to their top QBs. --Doesn't everyone have that injury argument? Pathetic. Oh well, Go Griz! Go Big Sky!