SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

NDSU didn't need to thump their chest about beating a crappy FBS team in order to say "this is why we should be playoff eligible". You can argue that the 2010 team might have got in due to beating Kansas, but they had several wins over ranked teams that year and were never blown out.

UND looked like a high school team against NDSU and Montana. They also played a relatively weak schedule. They were obviously not a slam dunk playoff team. You can say EIU did not deserve it. I'll give you that. With that being said WIU is definitely a better team than UND. They did not have a single cupcake Drake type team , which UND had, in order to get to 7 wins. They had a significantly harder schedule and beat 3 playoff teams.

#qualitylosses

Does it bother anybody else that the only reason Montana made the playoffs is because ISU botched an easy field goal in OT?   Yet we get beat down for losing to ISU.

good point.   Although the Bi- son fans posting here wouldn't agree; we would've needed at least 8 wins; maybe 12, to be playoff worthy.

Yes, tell us more about how great WIU is.....maybe some in depth detail about that dominating first half against Dayton....

1. Nobody said they were great.

2. Even though Dayton lost to Drake, they obviously are used to winning, which is important.

3. The game isn't over yet and I predict WIU wins by 15+ points, when it's all said and done.

1. Nobody said they were great.

2. Even though Dayton lost to Drake, they obviously are used to winning, which is important.

3. The game isn't over yet and I predict WIU wins by 15+ points, when it's all said and done.

If they aren't great as you said, why should they get in over a team with a better record, an FBS win, and a better performance against a common opponent?

the way WIU looks against Dayton, UND would score 45 on WIU and win by a few TDs.  

NDSU didn't need to thump their chest about beating a crappy FBS team in order to say "this is why we should be playoff eligible". You can argue that the 2010 team might have got in due to beating Kansas, but they had several wins over ranked teams that year and were never blown out.

UND looked like a high school team against NDSU and Montana. They also played a relatively weak schedule. They were obviously not a slam dunk playoff team. You can say EIU did not deserve it. I'll give you that. With that being said WIU is definitely a better team than UND. They did not have a single cupcake Drake type team , which UND had, in order to get to 7 wins. They had a significantly harder schedule and beat 3 playoff teams.

Good god here we go again!  Disappear troll !!

If they aren't great as you said, why should they get in over a team with a better record, an FBS win, and a better performance against a common opponent?

the way WIU looks against Dayton, UND would score 45 on WIU and win by a few TDs.  

So now you can watch a team play on TV in bad weather conditions and predict with any degree of certaintly how many points your team would score on them?

This is the playoffs, everyone is good, doesn't mean they are all great though.

Like I said in a previous post, WIU will end up winning this one by 15+, scoring 17+ unanswered. Not exactly an embarrassing showing.

If WI beats Dayton it in now way justifies the deceit, incompentence and backroom dealings of this NCAA selection committee. 

Agree completely. As has been said many times, WIU isn't the best argument UND has to be in the playoffs anyway. It's EIU that UND should be in over.

I'm of the opinion that every FBS win by an FCS team is a great win. 22 more scholarships is a HUGE advantage, not to mention the larger budgets to pay a coaching staff much more at that level.

On your second point, if we are breaking it down into good FBS teams and bad FBS teams, I would argue that NDSU has 2 wins over good FBS teams. K-State and Central Michigan in 2007. They were the MAC champions and NDSU absolutely destroyed them.

I get your point on FBS wins. I'm just saying I put more stock in a win over a FCS playoff caliber team (Portland State then a FBS win over Wyoming. I was kind of referring before about the 5-2 record against P-5 teams. That's why I referenced the K State win. I don't remember the Central Michigan game but I looked it up and I agree that's a good win.  I was wrong 2 good FBS wins. I said it, I said it. I was wrong. I'm not arguing that in the D-1 era that NDSU isn't the better program. They are. I just don't understand why you guys come here to tell us about it. 

I get your point on FBS wins. I'm just saying I put more stock in a win over a FCS playoff caliber team (Portland State then a FBS win over Wyoming. I was kind of referring before about the 5-2 record against P-5 teams. That's why I referenced the K State win. I don't remember the Central Michigan game but I looked it up and I agree that's a good win.  I was wrong 2 good FBS wins. I said it, I said it. I was wrong. I'm not arguing that in the D-1 era that NDSU isn't the better program. They are. I just don't understand why you guys come here to tell us about it. 

I come here because people actually like to have discussion on football vs. the circle jerk, group think, clique that bisonville has become in the last 5 years.

If there is discussion that I can contribute to, I'll chime in. Has never been about telling anyone how great NDSU is, that I believe is evident without me saying a word.

• Upvote 1

So now you can watch a team play on TV in bad weather conditions and predict with any degree of certaintly how many points your team would score on them?

This is the playoffs, everyone is good, doesn't mean they are all great though.

Like I said in a previous post, WIU will end up winning this one by 15+, scoring 17+ unanswered. Not exactly an embarrassing showing.

actually, yes I can.  If you look at the prediction threads, I predicted UND's score exactly right against UNC.  I followed that up by predicting both teams scores correctly 45-21, for the season finale against Cal Poly.

any other questions you may have concerning scores and spreads, I'd be happy to answer for you.  (For a fee)

• Upvote 1

actually, yes I can.  If you look at the prediction threads, I predicted UND's score exactly right against UNC.  I followed that up by predicting both teams scores correctly 45-21, for the season finale against Cal Poly.

any other questions you may have concerning scores and spreads, I'd be happy to answer for you.  (For a fee)

My apologies, I wasn't aware.:lol:

Yes, WIU looked very competitive in the 52 point loss to NDSU.  So they played a hard schedule, it's not like they were competitive in all those games.  

Seriously? Are you crazy? SDSU wins they get a top 8 seed. They lose they go to Montana. Can you really be that dumb? And early you said we lost to avoid UND? Are you 12?  SDSU sat in an airport from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday. Arrived in Peoria close to 11 p.m. and on Saturday morning got on a bus at 8 a.m. only to sit behind an accident and not arrive in Wacomb till 1 p.m. SDSU wanted to delay the start to 4 p.m., WIU fought it and got their way; the game started at 2:45 pm. SDSU looked flat the entire game. We could not sustain any energy. It had nothing to do with UND or WIU. The winter storm absolutely slaughtered us and WIU refusing to hold off the start to a reasonable 4 pm. hurt, bad. 

SDSU will beat UM, in Missoula. We don't really have a big problem curb stomping BSC schools (see SUU, MSU, UNA). Yes, we allowed UM to come back in our FIRST playoff game against UM in 2009. That was 2009, our first time in they playoffs against a very talented UM team. We are a very different program, so are they. Yes, WIU beating us was bigger than UND beating PSU. Remember, PSU also lost to that powerhouse UNC.

That said, UND should have been in prior to WIU or EIU. I don't really understand the WIU thing. They seemed to have foreknowledge that they were in. EIU got in because the chair of the committee is from Tennessee Tech, an OVC school. It is the same reason the MVFC were put into the same bracket. FCS is becoming D2. I mentioned it on AGS and I'll say it here, this is the beginning of the end of the Dakota schools being in FCS. It is the NCC and D2 all over again.

Hey Jacksfan29...curb stomping???  "SDSU will be UM, in Missoula."