SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

47 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Bruce staying... Weak.

I thought he'd be gone, too.  My guess is Fenton doesn't want to retain him but Leipold does.  Whether that's because he likes Bruce or because he doesn't want to pay to let Boudreau go and also another coach that they bring in, I'm not sure.  It sounds like from the press conference Fenton said that he's his coach next season, but when asked about a contract extension (I believe he has 1 year left on his contract?) it sounds like he stopped short and dodged a bit and said that he hasn't talked to Leipold about that.  Just that he's his coach next season.  Now if the Wild falter early next season, he can let Boudreau go and now say "he wasn't my guy, now give me a chance with my guy".

3 hours ago, Ray77 said:

I thought he'd be gone, too.  My guess is Fenton doesn't want to retain him but Leipold does.  Whether that's because he likes Bruce or because he doesn't want to pay to let Boudreau go and also another coach that they bring in, I'm not sure.  It sounds like from the press conference Fenton said that he's his coach next season, but when asked about a contract extension (I believe he has 1 year left on his contract?) it sounds like he stopped short and dodged a bit and said that he hasn't talked to Leipold about that.  Just that he's his coach next season.  Now if the Wild falter early next season, he can let Boudreau go and now say "he wasn't my guy, now give me a chance with my guy".

So Leo pulled a Pohlad it seems?

I don't understand the obsession they have over him. 

35 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

7E6BA421-E32F-456C-A079-20A915F3B23C.jpeg

Whose pick did the Avs have? 

EDIT: Forgot about the Ottawa deal, Colorado fans were probably glued to their tanked season as much as their own, they probably were the favorites to win the lottery I assume.

12 hours ago, jodcon said:

Whose pick did the Avs have? 

EDIT: Forgot about the Ottawa deal, Colorado fans were probably glued to their tanked season as much as their own, they probably were the favorites to win the lottery I assume.

They were.  Going into the lottery they were in the 1 spot and dropped to #4 as Chicago jumped from 12 to #3, NYR jumped from 6 to #2, and NJ jumped from 3 to #1.

• 1 month later...

The Minnesota Wild have a trade proposal on the table that includes Pittsburgh Penguins sniper Phil Kessel as the main asset, according to The Athletic's Josh Yohe.

Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford has said publicly he's willing to shake up his roster, while Kessel's name has frequently been mentioned in rumors.

Kessel helped the Penguins win back-to-back Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017, but after the team was swept out of the first round by the New York Islanders this season, Pittsburgh may be due for a retool.

19 hours ago, sioux rube said:

The Minnesota Wild have a trade proposal on the table that includes Pittsburgh Penguins sniper Phil Kessel as the main asset, according to The Athletic's Josh Yohe.

Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford has said publicly he's willing to shake up his roster, while Kessel's name has frequently been mentioned in rumors.

Kessel helped the Penguins win back-to-back Stanley Cups in 2016 and 2017, but after the team was swept out of the first round by the New York Islanders this season, Pittsburgh may be due for a retool.

Oh good, another guy in his early 30's with an expensive contract.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:58 PM, sioux rube said:

On 5/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Oh good, another guy in his early 30's with an expensive contract.

Well, he’s a former Gopher, so of course the Wild would be interested in picking him up.

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, he’s a former Gopher, so of course the Wild would be interested in picking him up.

I think Kessel is one of the most unlikable players of all time. I know some hate Marchand, but I am glad that Kessel isn't going to the Wild. 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:06 PM, Goon said:

I think Kessel is one of the most unlikable players of all time. I know some hate Marchand, but I am glad that Kessel isn't going to the Wild. 

You know it's bad when his team's fans don't even stand up for "Fat Phil."  Insult Sidney, they'll lose it.  Insult Malkin, they'll fight you.  Let them talk long enough, they'll try to convince you Gretzky was only the second best player in the last 50 years.  But there's little to no comment on Phil.  At least in my experience. YMMV

On 5/31/2019 at 1:06 PM, Goon said:

SOME?.....

Thats like saying some people hate papercuts under their fingernails, or bacterial infections.

marchand doesnt even like marchand.... Hating himself for who he is is really the only explanation for .... what he has become.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:00 PM, 90siouxfan said:

I sort of feel sorry for Kessel, but I have always had a soft spot for long shots, the misunderstood, and losers

Kind of like kessel a little.... I mean any man who fills the stanley cup with hot dogs... is man after my own heart.