SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Game Predictions

UND1983

Once upon a time I was on spring break from UND in Arizona and found myself poolside with a bunch of NDSU cheerleaders.  I believe they were all corporate fitness majors.   Anyway, just like that spring break, I think NDSU will keep UND's scoring chances to a minimum.

Edited 2 hours ago by Sundog

What would be the "moral victory" in this game?  

There is no moral victories in this game. Had Sundog banged one of those NDSU cheerleaders that would have been an "immoral victory". 

Edited by bang
  • Upvote 1

Matchups.....  I like our run defense against NDSU.  Pass defense should be OK.  The game will come down to Wentz making big plays or not.  UND offense against NDSU defense, both have been up and down.....whoever wins this matchup wins.  Rudolph was hired cause he gave fits to Bubba coaching against him.  Let's see some magic Ruddy.  27-24 UND shocks 17,750 in the dome (all the NDSU fans and half the UND fans)

• Upvote 1

Matchups.....  I like our run defense against NDSU.  Pass defense should be OK.  The game will come down to Wentz making big plays or not.  UND offense against NDSU defense, both have been up and down.....whoever wins this matchup wins.  Rudolph was hired cause he gave fits to Bubba coaching against him.  Let's see some magic Ruddy.  27-24 UND shocks 17,750 in the dome (all the NDSU fans and half the UND fans)

I would agree, if Wentz is off target and has a rough game.....it could be close.  But if he is firing bullets and everything is on the money, and if he is picking up 5-10 yards at will on scrambles we are in trouble. He'll get a few good scrambles for sure, just hopefully not all day long.  And for cripes sakes....if they have 3rd and goal from the 5 -7 yard line.....watch the QB keeper!  I would think that our coaches have seen that enough and would be on to that, but it's amazing how many other teams have let Wentz/Jensen waltz into the end zone on those. 

I don't really like predictions but I think UND matches up pretty well with NDSU in some ways.  NDSU scores some through the air but UND shuts down the run game.  UND's only chance is to control the ball on offense and not turn it over.  Last week was pretty rough so I will predict 27-10 NDSU.  If UND plays well I think they do have a real shot at an upset.