SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Well wait a minute,  isn't winning FCS championships the easiest??? Why is it taking several years? 

Seriously tho.

"we are gonna put all our effort into making this football program the best FCS football team in whole GD country in the next ten years so help me god" said no AD in the country in the last ten years except the AD at the NDAC

congrats to you...you did but when you got to the top of the mountain there wasnt anyone looking up at you because they were looking down at you from the next mountain over called Mt. FBS.

Edited by SIOUXFAN97

"we are gonna put all our effort into making this football program the best FCS football team in whole GD country in the next ten years so help me god" said no AD in the country in the last ten years except the AD at the NDAC

congrats to you...you did but when you got to the top of the mountain there wasnt anyone looking up at you because they were looking down at you from the next mountain over called Mt. FBS.

I guess that's why your fan support at UND sucks and they tolerate mediocrity for a long time.

We all know why you guys talk bad about the FCS. Your football program has been a cellar dweller and you watched your big brother reach the pinnacle of the division 4 times. You hate NDSU's success. Easier to try to tear down something than help bring your own program up . Why do you guys go to the hockey argument all the time ? Same reason.

NDSU's success bothers each and every one of you. It's fine.

Last point . 99.9999% of NDSU realize the FBS is big time. That's fine by us . We actually get to compete for championships at the FCS with similar size institutions. Never heard a UND fan tear down D2 football. You guys were awfully amped in 2001 to win a title.

Edited by 2011BisonAlumni
  • Downvote 1

Geezes I thought after the NDSU game was over we were done with some of these NDSU Yahoos, but they lose against a poor  team at home and they have to come back to the UND board to remind us and defend how good they are, and stir stuff up.   2011....did you really think after you guys came over here non stop before, telling us how you guys are gods gift to the football world and how crappy UND is, that when you lose to a crappy team we aren't going to make a few comments.  Get a grip man.  Then after you've gotten grip...come back in 2019 when we play again.

So we have to kiss their keisters? Sorry, I won't be doing that. Until Bison fans give us credit for our 7 NCAA hockey titles, I will not be brown-nosing them for "their recent success". This is a rivalry and that is how it is supposed to work. They should just go back to Bisonville if they want their egos stroked; this is siouxsports.com.

Quit lumping every Bison fan in to the UND SiouxVolley mode where no credit can be given because of who you are.  Ive  said numerous times you have a hell of a  hockey program. 7 national titles is a heck of an accomplishment. Just as 12 national titles are or just one. A national title is hard to do no matter the sport, or division one plays in.  I met a kid a couple years ago  and when the person who introduced him said he was on a team that won a national title the kid says sheepishly "but it was D3"

I told him if you win a national title its something to be proud of regardless of the division you play in because you are the best at your level of play.  I can never understand people not recognizing an other schools or players accomplishments.

Edited by bison73
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess that's why your fan support at UND sucks and they tolerate mediocrity for a long time.

We all know why you guys talk bad about the FCS. Your football program has been a cellar dweller and you watched your big brother reach the pinnacle of the division 4 times. You hate NDSU's success. Easier to try to tear down something than help bring your own program up . Why do you guys go to the hockey argument all the time ? Same reason.

NDSU's success bothers each and every one of you. It's fine.

Last point . 99.9999% of NDSU realize the FBS is big time. That's fine by us . We actually get to compete for championships at the FCS with similar size institutions. Never heard a UND fan tear down D2 football. You guys were awfully amped in 2001 to win a title.

und had more fans from at a regular season hockey game against notre dame in the little city of grand forks than the ndac had in the big city fago for their first home playoff game in nearly half a century a couple years ago...12k reported (wday remember) attendance at the dome when it is more like 10k...or less

und had more fans from at a regular season hockey game against notre dame in the little city of grand forks than the ndac had in the big city fago for their first home playoff game in nearly half a century a couple years ago...12k reported (wday remember) attendance at the dome when it is more like 10k...or less

What does your post have to do with the one you are responding to?

FYI there were a few things that didnt work in our favor for a great attendance in that game. But why bore you with facts when you want to respond with a non starter.

Given the concurrent success in mens bb it doesn't seem "all" their effort went into football.  This ability to walk and chew gum at the same time is something I'm hoping to see out of the UND athletic department.

• Upvote 1

Given the concurrent success in mens bb it doesn't seem "all" their effort went into football.  This ability to walk and chew gum at the same time is something I'm hoping to see out of the UND athletic department.

Actually there are quite a bit of schools that spend the majority of their athletic budget on FCS football.

All of those "big schools" you talk about in D1 hockey, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Minnesota.....hockey is so far an afterthought it isn't even funny. With the exception of maybe Minnesota, hockey at those schools is the third most popular sport on campus and it isn't even close.

Bubba has one and one-half recruiting classes and is in Season #2. Considering the mess he inherited, it will take a couple of more years to determine if we are moving forward or backward.

Well he recruited our best offensive player. Mussman recruited our two best defenders. Bubba already hit some recruiting home runs like Grady and Santiago and some of the other Bubba recruits seem to "look the part" which is a step in the right direction. Mussman would get some top end guys but brought in way too many bad players or decent players with bad attitudes. The low end of Bubbas recruits seem to be way higher than Mussmans which is where we will find quality depth from in the future. I like what I'm seeing but we still need better speed and QBs.

Quit lumping every Bison fan in to the UND SiouxVolley mode where no credit can be given because of who you are.  Ive  said numerous times you have a hell of a  hockey program. 7 national titles is a heck of an accomplishment. Just as 12 national titles are or just one. A national title is hard to do no matter the sport, or division one plays in.  I met a kid a couple years ago  and when the person who introduced him said he was on a team that won a national title the kid says sheepishly "but it was D3"

I told him if you win a national title its something to be proud of regardless of the division you play in because you are the best at your level of play.  I can never understand people not recognizing an other schools or players accomplishments.

I aaccidentally negative repped this post when I meant to give it a positive one. Sorry about that!

What does your post have to do with the one you are responding to?

FYI there were a few things that didnt work in our favor for a great attendance in that game. But why bore you with facts when you want to respond with a non starter.

Thing #1 - The busses for the bandwagon weren't yet built?

• Upvote 1

today I learned that around 20 years is now nearly 50 years.

Having a football game Thanksgiving weekend when the dorms are closed, on short notice, a week after the team embarrassed themselves, is asking for poor attendance. 

12k seems about right. Teams are either very honest or under report playoff numbers as opposed to regular season when they are likely to inflate numbers.

Its funny that I seem to be the most hated poster on Bisonville who has stated here, not as a troll there, that leaders such as Chapman, Taylor, and Bresciani were two bit liars and deceivers.  (Also put Kelley in that class, but nobody here seems to take offense.)  Seems to hit bison fans too close to the belt.  Haven't stated much about your players except when there is police or attorney action. 

But you and numerous other trolls take all offense because there is not anything about morality when it comes to lifting your program.  Morality doesn't matter according to bisonville, but don't get caught.

Mus be doing something right if that moral cesspool Bi'ville takes offense.

Edited by SiouxVolley
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its funny that I seem to be the most hated poster on Bisonville who has stated here, not as a troll there, that leaders such as Chapman, Taylor, and Bresciani were two bit liars and deceivers.  (Also put Kelley in that class, but nobody here seems to take offense.)  Seems to hit bison fans too close to the belt.  Haven't stated much about your players except when there is police or attorney action. 

But you and numerous other trolls take all offense because there is not anything about morality when it comes to lifting your program.  Morality doesn't matter according to bisonville, but don't get caught.

You are a good ambasssdor for Sundog Nation. Don't worry about it.

• Downvote 2

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and other areas of their life, such as work or school.

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4