SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

For once the bisons aren’t getting all the calls and breaks 

still probably a 20 point win for su but so far I am still watching 

7 - 0.  2nd qtr 

the wheel route ALWAYS works for su

I think it'll end up being about a 30 point game.  Colgate can't do much on offense and the Bison are moving reasonably well.  

13 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I think it'll end up being about a 30 point game.  Colgate can't do much on offense and the Bison are moving reasonably well.  

Yes, I agree that it now looks like a probable mini rout. Colgate got the breaks and still are down by 14 at the half. The bisons are good.

14 points might keep a few more fans in the stands for part of the 3 rd qtr

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly, and the guy couldn't coach a collegiate defense around a high school game.  That's exactly my point.

You realize that Lincoln Riley is an offensive coach? He's the head coach and his defensive coordinators haven't been up to snuff. But he's the one calling plays for the offense, the one that created the offense Oklahoma is running, and his offense has been setting records all year. NFL teams are drooling over his potential as an OC. Oklahoma's defense has no impact on his compatibility with the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, Feff said:

You realize that Lincoln Riley is an offensive coach? He's the head coach and his defensive coordinators haven't been up to snuff. But he's the one calling plays for the offense, the one that created the offense Oklahoma is running, and his offense has been setting records all year. NFL teams are drooling over his potential as an OC. Oklahoma's defense has no impact on his compatibility with the NFL. 

Yea, Lincoln Riley types are flooded with them, like the guy from Texas Tech Kiff Kingsbury who couldn't even have a winning record while coaching Baker Mayfield and Patrick Maholmes.  For every guy like a Sean McVey or Lincoln RIley who excels in that role that are 10 Kliff Kingsbury's.  

I can edit my original thought with that, but there are a lot of bad coaches (and just coaches in general)  flooded all around FBS right now.  A great example is you can name all the Lincoln Riley types on 1 or 2 hands. Just because someone's a great coordinator or mind doesn't mean they are a great head coach.  Hell they are all over the NFL too.

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

FWIW - Lincoln Riley's inability to help the d coordinator figure out a defensive scheme that best suits them is going to be why they get blown out against Alabama.

I've seen an explosive Oklahoma beat Alabama before.  I doubt they will, but there comes a point where a dominant offense doesn't need a defense.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They likely would have.  I don't think that is really a controversial statement.  This is a very good football team.  

If they run the table again they are easily a top 25 team in the nation.

• Upvote 1

I do believe that NDSU this year could’ve won C-USA for sure and possibly the sun belt and or MAC. Yet, I don’t believe even as good as they’re that they’d be a top 25 team. They’re really close though. 

27 minutes ago, bang said:

I do believe that NDSU this year could’ve won C-USA for sure and possibly the sun belt and or MAC. Yet, I don’t believe even as good as they’re that they’d be a top 25 team. They’re really close though. 

Boise State and Fresno State are both Top 25 team this year. I have seen both play several times this year. They are not better than NDSU,