SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

At least one instance that was enough to become public record, but obviously too much effort for the local media to look into or comment on even though they never miss a chance to publish negative information (allegedly). Haven't heard what the final straw was this time (nor will anyone "officially"), but I personally find it pretty strange someone would quit with only 3 games at most left in their career with a good shot at another title to top it off.

Are you saying he’s already been through enough?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GDPritch said:

Just think; if that presidential vote/count had happened on a Sat night that infamous headline would of been in the Tue print edition of the GF Herald.  And that's called "progress" folks, don't ya love it!

So you believe progress is sticking to printing newspapers? It's been 13 years since I've had a physical newspaper subscription.  Progress is adapting to the digital age, not focusing on print .

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

A top 3 WR for the defending champs "leaves" the team in the middle of a playoff run and the local media gives nothing more than a passing tweet on it. I mean I want to say I'm surprised but they also didn't bother mentioning any off the field trouble from the same player (or any others) when it happened or as a possible tie-in to the departure so I guess I'm not. But can we please hear more about how the media is so critical of their program and make sure every negative detail is talked about??

You are also assuming he left on his own accord.  But please----speculate further.

9 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You are also assuming he left on his own accord.  But please----speculate further.

You're making my point for me. I didn't miss or assume anything, which is why I specifically put it in quotations that he had left the team and then indicated that he had prior off-field issues that the media hasn't mentioned at all. Klieman was the one that said it was a "mutual decision" and the media dutifully repeated reported that without bothering to ask any follow-up questions. :silly:

But since you're clearly indicating that there is more to the story, we're all anxious to here why a top 3 WR is no longer with the team in the middle of a playoff run, because the Fargo media has no interest in it.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

A top 3 WR for the defending champs "leaves" the team in the middle of a playoff run and the local media gives nothing more than a passing tweet on it. I mean I want to say I'm surprised but they also didn't bother mentioning any off the field trouble from the same player (or any others) when it happened or as a possible tie-in to the departure so I guess I'm not. But can we please hear more about how the media is so critical of their program and make sure every negative detail is talked about??

He was suspended for a game earlier this year. Are you saying there is a public record of why? What was it? And they said he left and it was a mutual agreement. What more do you want? My guess is if there was a legal problem we would have heard about it. Maybe jdub27 has the inside scoop with the FPD.

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You're making my point for me. I didn't miss or assume anything, which is why I specifically put it in quotations that he had left the team and then indicated that he had prior off-field issues that the media hasn't mentioned at all. Klieman was the one that said it was a "mutual decision" and the media dutifully repeated reported that without bothering to ask any follow-up questions. :silly:

But since you're clearly indicating that there is more to the story, we're all anxious to here why a top 3 WR is no longer with the team in the middle of a playoff run, because the Fargo media has no interest in it.

Klieman dismisses 3 kids toward the end of the season last year also for breaking team rules. It was reported that it was not a legal issue but they were dismissed anyway. Klieman helped them find other schools and it was reported one of the kids fathers agreed with the dismissal. We don’t know if it was their first offense or second or third, and we don’t need to know. If there were any arrests in that case or if there is one in the Cain case we would know.

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Klieman dismisses 3 kids toward the end of the season last year also for breaking team rules. It was reported that it was not a legal issue but they were dismissed anyway. Klieman helped them find other schools and it was reported one of the kids fathers agreed with the dismissal. We don’t know if it was their first offense or second or third, and we don’t need to know. If there were any arrests in that case or if there is one in the Cain case we would know.

We would?  Or we wouldn't have heard about it.  Did we hear about Conor Riley?  Or Leevon Perry a bunch of times?  Or...….and the list goes on.  Athletes/coaches get in trouble with the law at UND and it's news.  Players and coaches from the highest profile program at NDSU get in trouble with the law and it's conveniently not mentioned by their "beat writer (lap dog)" even though it's public record.

19 minutes ago, UND GUY said:

We would?  Or we wouldn't have heard about it.  Did we hear about Conor Riley?  Or Leevon Perry a bunch of times?  Or...….and the list goes on.  Athletes/coaches get in trouble with the law at UND and it's news.  Players and coaches from the highest profile program at NDSU get in trouble with the law and it's conveniently not mentioned by their "beat writer (lap dog)" even though it's public record.

Are you saying the law was involved in his leaving ?

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I didnt indicate anything.  I just put it out there as a possibility. :) You just happened to extrapolate on it.

23 minutes ago, UND GUY said:

If it is public record then share what all athletes and coaches have done in the past 5 years. That would approx be when the 2 head coaches took over. 

35 minutes ago, UND GUY said:

The Perry DUI was in the news and he was suspended for it. Did you you want it on the front page for a week?