SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Ndsu (mvfc) destroys Montana St (bsc)

Colgate (Patriot) beats Jimmy Madison (caa)

Sdsu (mvfc) destroys Duquesne (nec)

Kennesaw St (big south) beats Wofford (southern)

Weber St (bsc) destroys SEMO (ovc)

Maine (caa) destroys Jacksonville St (ovc)

Eastern Washington (bsc) destroys Nicholls (southland) 

UC Davis (bsc) beating UNI (mvfc) 16-6 at the half. 

59 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I watched the NDSU MSU game this afternoon and it's a tragedy we didn't get to play MSU during the season.   Brady, John, and JJ would have run wild on these guys.   I can see why NDSU won, MSU is vastly overrated.

Msu is extremely over rated but they would have shut down Rufus’s offense. Unds backs would  of done exactly nothing vs MSU.  Look at the last month ..und was incapable of anything offense against way lower competition  Msu is in only because the fcs is horrible this year.  And btw , ndsu is on a while different planet this year ...they embarrass anyone that lines up against them...fcs speaking 

Is there any logic behind NDSU fans complaining about their side of the bracket other than ignorance that JMU and SDSU are the teams that have been able to beat them??  None of them would ever consider EWU, Weber, Maine, UC Davis might be better. Instead they got Colgate who they definitely won't respect, and maybe won't need too...JMU wasn't same team this year. Kennesaw who is triple option I believe? They dominate those teams. And SDSU who they've got a good game plan against and consistently beat in the playoffs. Yep....tough half of the bracket. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

If UND beats NA that would have been us in Fargo, with likely a similar result. Still would have helped the program grow I feel.

Well, in that scenario, UND would have had their first DI FCS playoff win. That definitely would be a positive in recruiting and would help the program grow.

Rather, we all know what happened and has been happening. 

• Upvote 3

I really sincerely hope UND joins NDSU And SDSU at the top of the MVFC in 2020. I just worry that this staff has too much resemblance to the SIU staff of Lennon's that could not regularly make the top half of the league.

in other news, OC Kalen DeBoer's Fresno Bulldogs pulled out the OT win over Boise last night in the MWC championship game.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Is there any logic behind NDSU fans complaining about their side of the bracket other than ignorance that JMU and SDSU are the teams that have been able to beat them??  None of them would ever consider EWU, Weber, Maine, UC Davis might be better. Instead they got Colgate who they definitely won't respect, and maybe won't need too...JMU wasn't same team this year. Kennesaw who is triple option I believe? They dominate those teams. And SDSU who they've got a good game plan against and consistently beat in the playoffs. Yep....tough half of the bracket. 

Define logic in this case?  

SDSU has regularly given NDSU all they want and then some.  JMU was able to beat NDSU in the dome, and then basically stalemated them in the championship.  I believe part of the complaints are that fans would like to see new teams come to Fargo.  If JMU didn't crap the bed, this would be three straight seasons they play NDSU.  SDSU has gotten stuck going to Fargo a bunch of times.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed after looking at the bracket and seeing some likely rematches.  Particularly when SDSU has been one of the few teams that has been able to go into the Fargodome and keep their poop together.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Define logic in this case?  

SDSU has regularly given NDSU all they want and then some.  JMU was able to beat NDSU in the dome, and then basically stalemated them in the championship.  I believe part of the complaints are that fans would like to see new teams come to Fargo.  If JMU didn't crap the bed, this would be three straight seasons they play NDSU.  SDSU has gotten stuck going to Fargo a bunch of times.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed after looking at the bracket and seeing some likely rematches.  Particularly when SDSU has been one of the few teams that has been able to go into the Fargodome and keep their poop together.

But to say NDSU had the tough side of the bracket is laughable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Snyder of K State is retiring today.

http://themercury.com/k_state_sports/source-k-state-s-bill-snyder-to-announce-retirement-sunday/article_8896727c-f65c-11e8-a3e2-0f233fa502e4.html

Klieman probably not the HC as too big a jump, but a staff position may be likely if Taylor has his way.

What does a coordinator at k state make? I doubt he leaves for anything other than HC (likely at a G5).