SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

I also was skeptical of this administration, but I am more than happy to admit I was wrong. Major props to both Kelley and Faison for getting this done. I imagine more than a few coaches helped push this across the finish line, if you know what I mean. ;)

coaches?...i'm assuming one coach and one coach only had a short terse conversation with kelly that was very one sided and to the point about how he is buidling something day by day and if you don't get this done and done quick call the nsic

• Upvote 1

Interesting article from ESPN a few days ago. Surveys sent to 351 D-1 college basketball coaches in August about COA and potential impact. 136 responded.  Those that responded included whether their school would be participating, though it wasn't clear if it was for the upcoming year only or the school's current stance on it.  Below is a list of Big Sky/Summit/MVFC of interest that responded and their answers:

Cal Poly - Undecided
Denver - Yes, amount unknown
Idaho State - No
Illinois State - Yes, $3,010
IUPUI - No
Indiana State - Yes, $3,846.15
IPFW - Yes, amount unknown
North Dakota State - No
Northern Arizona - No
Sacramento St - No
South Dakota St - No
Southern Illinois - Yes, amount unknown
Southern Utah - Undecided
Youngstown State - Yes, amount unknown

Parker Gabriel@pgabriel15 2h2 hours ago

MSU AD Peter Fields tells the Chronicle the school will not move to cost of attendance scholarships in the immediate future.

AJ Mazzolini @ajmazzolini

UM AD Kent Haslam says the same. No cost of attendance scholy....yet https://twitter.com/pgabriel15/status/642381028246491136 

Sucks to be them.

• Upvote 1

Can/should UND use this little bit of a recruiting advantage to go head to head for Montana, Idaho, Utah, etc. and other good western U.S. recruits that aren't going MWC or Pac 12 anyway -- more than we have in the past?

I'd hate to see these western Big Sky Schools not have to pay a price for our steep investment in our scholarship athletes.   I realize it's a risk because the attrition rate has been relatively high with our recent past players who have hailed from the Pacific coast states.  Mat Cox has been a pleasant exception to that trend. And I know we also have Bridges, Butler and few others from out there.

Edited by Teeder11

Sucks to be them.

Zero surprise. At this point, they don't need to as long as none of the other Big Sky schools do it.  Unless one of the Dakota schools starts drifting out of their traditional recruiting grounds moreso than normal, then they are going against PAC12 and MWC teams they weren't going to beat in recruiting anyway.  Much different scenario than UND was in.

Anyone get an estimate on how much this might cost the rest of the 15,000 or so students?

its now according to the school 16200 for a nd resident 16800 for a mn resident 20,000 for a western states agreement resident. And almost 30,000 for non agreement students per year. 

Edited by Vegas_Sioux
  • Upvote 1

How can this turn into a peeing contest?

UND is paying FCOA this year for Men's and Women's hockey.   NDSU announced they will do the same for all of their scholarship athletes next year.  UND made a similar announcement a few days later.  The ND schools are 2 of 3 in the country to do so.

We must have better things to fight about.

UND is DI, because Ndsu is DI.  UND is offering COA for all sports, because NDSU announced it.   And you are criticizing USD for just following with out a plan?  UND would be hockey only and feeling good about it for COA, if it weren't for trying to keep up with NDSU.

• Downvote 2

UND is DI, because Ndsu is DI.  UND is offering COA for all sports, because NDSU announced it.   And you are criticizing USD for just following with out a plan?  UND would be hockey only and feeling good about it for COA, if it weren't for trying to keep up with NDSU.

UND got a lot figured out in six days if their response was completely do to NDSU.  

just announcing your doing fcoa is getting a lot figured out?  I guess I must have missed all the details that were figured out at the time of the announcement!

Where were the details on NDSU's announcement?  On KFGO I heard the AD say they got a donation for half and have a lot of work to do to raise the other half.  Tons of detail there.

Or............NDSU offered COA because UND did it first with with our hockey teams.    See how that works.

And if UND hadn't built a $13 million indoor practice facility NDSU wouldn't have built one either - oh wait.  I guess UND does invest in things independent of NDSU.

There is no way UND got plans together in a few days.  Things were already in the works when NDSU announced.  

And who the hell mentioned USD?

Edited by Siouxperman8
  • Upvote 1

Or............NDSU offered COA because UND did it first with with our hockey teams.    See how that works.

There is no way UND got plans together in a few days.  Things were already in the works when NDSU announced.  

And who the hell mentioned USD?

Weird, if you go back through this thread, very few UND fans thought that was the case prior to the announcement.