SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

because the ndac needed those few extra schollies to even the field a little....

That make no sense in regards to Daggers post. We supposedly left to get away from you.( LOL) But still tried to keep you on the schedule.  But the truth  is we needed games to fill our schedule. But you didnt want to play anymore.

• Downvote 1

Or............NDSU offered COA because UND did it first with with our hockey teams.    See how that works.

And if UND hadn't built a $13 million indoor practice facility NDSU wouldn't have built one either - oh wait.  I guess UND does invest in things independent of NDSU.

There is no way UND got plans together in a few days.  Things were already in the works when NDSU announced.  

And who the hell mentioned USD?

You are right that UND didn't get plans together in a few days. They still don't have any idea how they are going to pay for it, which sports are getting chopped, or If they are going to pay for all sports. Faison was pressured by all coaches to announce right away to lessen the effect on recruiting. There is ZERO chance UND would have announced FCOA if NDSU hadn't announced when they did.

• Downvote 1

You are right that UND didn't get plans together in a few days. They still don't have any idea how they are going to pay for it, which sports are getting chopped, or If they are going to pay for all sports. Faison was pressured by all coaches to announce right away to lessen the effect on recruiting. There is ZERO chance UND would have announced FCOA if NDSU hadn't announced when they did.

And when NDSU made their  announcement they did not have all funding secured to pay for it all either.  They likely still don't.  

and you know this how?  

I have as much inside info as you do.  There is ZERO chance that NDSU would have announced FCOA when they did if UND hadn't already done it for two of their sports.

And you know this how??!!  Since you are in the know, can you tell us how NDSU is going to pay for the other half they still need to raise??  UND could have announce COA when they felt the time was right.  Obviously when NDSU announced it they had to respond.  You aren't going to let a school in your recruiting area make that anouncement and be the only school out there doing this when you are going to do the same thing as well.  If you want to beat your chest and say you made the announce ment first (actually second) and are leading the pack in this issue, great.  Go ahead.  But UND has leveled that recruiting playing field, so any advantage you had with COA is gone in regards to UND.

Other than the bolded, I can assure you that everything you wrote is completely baseless and inaccurate. Faison stated months ago that they were paying attention to the landscape and monitoring what peers were doing, which is why hockey was announced at the time. It had nothing to do with it being specifically NDSU, but I'm sure whatever complex that continues to exists at FargoU won't allow you to accept that. Plans were in place and are fluid, which is no different than what is going on in Fargo right now (here's a hint: 50% of FCOA covered for 3 years is not a sustainable plan).

• Upvote 2

Other than the bolded, I can assure you that everything you wrote is completely baseless and inaccurate. Faison stated months ago that they were paying attention to the landscape and monitoring what peers were doing, which is why hockey was announced at the time. It had nothing to do with it being specifically NDSU, but I'm sure whatever complex that continues to exists at FargoU won't allow you to accept that. Plans were in place and are fluid, which is no different than what is going on in Fargo right now (here's a hint: 50% of FCOA covered for 3 years is not a sustainable plan).

Whatever makes you sleep at night.  Fact is Faison went into this the same way UND did in jumping to DI in all sports.  No actual plan, just the arrogant view that if NDSU can do it we can surely do it.  How'd that work out? 

Whatever makes you sleep at night.  Fact is Faison went into this the same way UND did in jumping to DI in all sports.  No actual plan, just the arrogant view that if NDSU can do it we can surely do it.  How'd that work out? 

maybe they could start a website begging for donations. 

• Upvote 2

If you're going to say "fact is" you should probably actually have something to back it up with, which it is painfully obvious you don't because you are continuously missing the mark despite your obsession with UND.

The only thing I'm sure of is that I have a much better grasp of what goes on within UND's athletic department than you do.

• Upvote 1

I guess what surprises me is that you would believe that this is new to UND and they have no plan.  There were articles from last spring, I think, where both ADs were asked about COA.   Both NDSU and UND said they were studying it and the general feeling from the article was that UND was further along in their plans.  That may or may not be true but how do you get to "no actual plan"? 

NDSU has revealed their plan and it is that they have 1/2 the money for 3 years from some big donors and are trying to raise the rest.  That's pretty thin as far as a plan goes.

I guess what surprises me is that you would believe that this is new to UND and they have no plan.  There were articles from last spring, I think, where both ADs were asked about COA.   Both NDSU and UND said they were studying it and the general feeling from the article was that UND was further along in their plans.  That may or may not be true but how do you get to "no actual plan"? 

NDSU has revealed their plan and it is that they have 1/2 the money for 3 years from some big donors and are trying to raise the rest.  That's pretty thin as far as a plan goes.

It's a hell of lot better than none.  Talking about it and having a plan - two different things. 

This coming from the worst school in the BSC in both men's and women's sports!

There was a time when I would log in to SiouxSports, see that Bison Dan had posted and I cringed, knowing that there would be something that would irritate me (i.e. a good troll).

Now this same old lame stuff is being trotted out over and over again.  You are really slipping in your troll game, Dan!

It's a hell of lot better than none.  Talking about it and having a plan - two different things. 

where do you get your info that there is no plan at UND?  please fill us in - or is it just that you haven't been informed of it?.

There are a lot of things that exist in the world that you don't know about.  That doesn't mean they don't exist, only that you don't know .

for instance - The president of Singapore is Tony Tan Keng Yam.  Bet you didn't know that but he does exist.

Edited by Siouxperman8

There was a time when I would log in to SiouxSports, see that Bison Dan had posted and I cringed, knowing that there would be something that would irritate me (i.e. a good troll).

Now this same old lame stuff is being trotted out over and over again.  You are really slipping in your troll game, Dan!

They've seen the look alike thread and it has scared the trolls straight. 

Edited by Vegas_Sioux

NDSU has a year and a half worth of this figured out. What's the long range plan for NDSU in this?  You speak like NDSU has this figured out long term and they are no further along in it than 2017. 

UND at least has the ability and flexibility to cut a few sports and funnel money already budgeted and being spent somewhere else if needed.  It wouldn't be popular but could sustain itself over time assuming all things remain the same. 

Edited by homer

UND lead the way with COA.  We started COA  a year before NDSU .    We already are paying COA in Men's and Women's Hockey.    I guess NDSU wasn't the leader in this.  I guess UND paying COA  was being talked about in our athletic department. 

• Upvote 2

So what is UNDs plan?

So what is UNDs plan?

I have replied to that numerous times.  I don't know and neither do you.  why does that lead you to believe they haven't been working on something and don't have a plan?

On a side note - all of this conversation started with me posting that both schools are moving forward with COA and that is good for both.  We should find something else to fight about.  You were the first to reply and agreed with me.   What changed?

bison73

• 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Members
  •  
  • 658 posts

Posted 3 September · Report post

On 9/3/2015, 10:00:49, Siouxperman8 said:

How can this turn into a peeing contest?

UND is paying FCOA this year for Men's and Women's hockey.   NDSU announced they will do the same for all of their scholarship athletes next year.  UND made a similar announcement a few days later.  The ND schools are 2 of 3 in the country to do so.

We must have better things to fight about.

You would think so. But civil discourse is lost on some. 

Edited by Siouxperman8
  • Upvote 1