SiouxSports.com Forum

Cost of Attendance

GeauxSioux

Let's be honest, if South Dakota State was the first to offer, do you think the end result on schools offering FCOA would be any different?

No, but then I'd be telling you that the only reason you did it was because of SDSU . . . and you'd be making up some BS like you were going to do it all along, and the timing was just right at that time, and it had nothing to do with SDSU.   Doooh-K.

Let's be honest, NDSU is meeting the requirements set forth by the ncaa.  Their athletics scholarship plan is certiified by the ncaa.  Is that honest?

Let's be honest . . . UND offered FCOA for hockey with no intention of doing FCOA for all sports.  Faison acted like the cat that swallowed the canary when he said that UND was doing FCOA for hockey where they were needed to compete at the highest level.  He had zero intention of doing FCOA for anything but hockey.  He certainly didn't need it in the BSC, still doesn't.  Let's be honest.

Let's be honest . . . NDSU said "who cares that UND is offering FCOA for hockey, that doesn't affect us, we will do what's right for us."    NDSU looked at FB, BB, Wresting, T&F and other sports and said that everything needs to be included based on recruiting against FBS level teams in all of these sports.  NDSU received a matching donation offer for 3 years from a doner which put them in a good spot to easily achieve the 750k needed starting in 2016.

Let's be honest . . . when UND saw NDSU was doing FCOA for all sports, Faison had a steady stream of coaches in his office.  Then he gulped and said, Me Too . . . and went to find a scissors.  Let's be honest. 

So is NDSU's policy in other parts of the university that women should have half the opportunities they afford men?   It would seem so.  Maybe they should put that on a recruiting poster?

Do you want a pat on the back for making the announcement 6 days ahead of UND?  Does NDSU have all the money secures yet?  

No, there's a specific plan for 1/2 of it for 3 years, the rest will be fundraising.   Does UND have all the money sources?   No, no they don't, they are working on it, just like NDSU.

• Upvote 1

So is NDSU's policy in other parts of the university that women should have half the opportunities they afford men?   It would seem so.  Maybe they should put that on a recruiting poster?

NDSU follows the activities and interests outline set forth by the ncaa, and are certified to this outline.  Is this not correct?   NDSU has 8 womens sports, all of which are fully funded and all of which will have FCOA.    Are all of UND womens sports fully funded like I'm sure hockey is?  Will UND need to cut sports or strip schollies in order to pay FCOA for the scholarships that are offered?   We will see. 

No, there's a specific plan for 1/2 of it for 3 years, the rest will be fundraising.   Does UND have all the money sources?   No, no they don't, they are working on it, just like NDSU.

I guess I don't understand what your trying to imply about UNDs timing when NDSU doesn't even have the money secure yet for their plan. Shouldn't you be more concerned about that?  

NDSU follows the activities and interests outline set forth by the ncaa, and are certified to this outline.  Is this not correct?   NDSU has 8 womens sports, all of which are fully funded and all of which will have FCOA.    Are all of UND womens sports fully funded like I'm sure hockey is?  Will UND need to cut sports or strip schollies in order to pay FCOA for the scholarships that are offered?   We will see. 

It remains to be seen. 

Edited by homer

I guess I don't understand what your trying to imply about UNDs timing when NDSU doesn't even have the money secure yet for their plan. Shouldn't you be more concerned about that?  

NDSU will need to raise $350k or less by Sep 2016.   Team Makers will eat that up and spit it out.   

I'm not implying anything, just stating facts.  UND said "me Too" to FCOA six days after Ndsu did.  I think that says it all.

NDSU will need to raise $350k or less by Sep 2016.   Team Makers will eat that up and spit it out.   

I'm not implying anything, just stating facts.  UND said "me Too" to FCOA six days after Ndsu did.  I think that says it all.

You really have a needled*ck complex.  Was it a race?  UND and NDSU are #2 and #3 in the entire country to announce and you are acting like we are followers.  USD and SDSU are followers then-BIGTIME.  Do you drive a big truck with accessories, by chance?

• Upvote 3

It says they can offer the same amount in recruiting as the schools they will be recruiting against. Nothing less than that.  Does a recruit care if this announcement came 6 days early or late?  

How much did the wooden bleachers save in the SHAC?  Surprised Teammakers couldn't eat that up and spit that amount out for a brand new arena.  

• Upvote 1

It says they can offer the same amount in recruiting as the schools they will be recruiting against. Nothing less than that.  Does a recruit care if this announcement came 6 days early or late?  

How much did the wooden bleachers save in the SHAC?  Surprised Teammakers couldn't eat that up and spit that amount out for a brand new arena.  

Why are people questioning how NDSU will raise the $350/year, when UND needs to raise $900 and might have to cut sports to do it.  That issue would be much more concerning to me.

No, it doesn't really matter does it.  But at least be honest about why UND did it.   Faison would still be fat and happy with FCOA for hockey only if Ndsu wasn't doing FCOA for all sports.

Why are people questioning how NDSU will raise the $350/year, when UND needs to raise $900 and might have to cut sports to do it.  That issue would be much more concerning to me.

Because you keep questioning how UND is going to fund it.  Who cares?  The FCOA is going to get paid for and how is none of your concern.  Pay attention to your own program.

No, it doesn't really matter does it.  But at least be honest about why UND did it.   Faison would still be fat and happy with FCOA for hockey only if Ndsu wasn't doing FCOA for all sports.

And he was honest about that when they announced it for hockey.  They were going to monitor the schools they recruit against on a regular basis.  

Because you keep questioning how UND is going to fund it.  Who cares?  The FCOA is going to get paid for and how is none of your concern.  Pay attention to yourSo, you need to know exactly how NDSU is funding FCOA, but at UND it will just get paid, no big deal, nothing to see here.

Compared to $900k and cutting sports, $350 is a walk in the park.

Edited by Herd

You really have a needled*ck complex.  Was it a race?  UND and NDSU are #2 and #3 in the entire country to announce and you are acting like we are followers.  USD and SDSU are followers then-BIGTIME.  Do you drive a big truck with accessories, by chance?

His truck has a "No Fat Goats" bumper sticker. 

You are the one making a big deal about announcing first, and are claiming UND had no intention of doing FCOA until after FU said they are. 

Yet, FU has no concrete plan in place to fund 1/2 for three years and 100% after that for eternity.   If you can't connect the dots on how nonsensical your argument is, I would suggest getting out of the manure pit while you still have some of your faculties; those pits are dangerous.

You are the one making a big deal about announcing first, and are claiming UND had no intention of doing FCOA until after FU said they are. 

Yet, FU has no concrete plan in place to fund 1/2 for three years and 100% after that for eternity.   If you can't connect the dots on how nonsensical your argument is, I would suggest getting out of the manure pit while you still have some of your faculties; those pits are dangerous.

UND has to raise nearly 3x what NDSU needs to raise to fund FCOA in '16, and may need to cut sports.   Neither school has a concrete plan, both just announced.   Why is that a problem at NDSu and not at UND?    I'd rather be raising $350 than $900, and I rather not be worrying about whether or not I need to cut my sport offerings.