SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

12 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I’ll leave the football posts out of here from now on since it causes such an uproar. With that said proud uncle for sure. I mean no ill will 

Sometimes humility is hard when surrounded by blessings... a silent smile works. You  can’t do that here.... I am sure your shirts have no buttons left on them.... congrats uncle but I am still a SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And to make things worse, the Bison will  raise their Championship banner at the UND game. 

Beat their asses after that, then. I hate NDSU, and UND fans of all backgrounds should also. 

I'm worried more and more people can not imagine UND beating NDSU. That is not good. 

Gather up the confidence and change the trajectory of both programs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

There’s only 1 good team, a few mediocre and a lot of bad teams.

Great teams:  NDSU

Good teams:  SDSU, James Madison, EWU.

Okay:  Rest of Valley and Big Sky conferences.  Sam Houston, Maine, Kennesaw St, Colgate.....

I probably left a Delaware or a Towson out but honestly they aren't within 30 of the good teams.

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Beat their asses after that, then. I hate NDSU, and UND fans of all backgrounds should also. 

I'm worried more and more people can not imagine UND beating NDSU. That is not good. 

Gather up the confidence and change the trajectory of both programs. 

It’s the mid 80’s all over again. 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I’ll leave the football posts out of here from now on since it causes such an uproar. With that said proud uncle for sure. I mean no ill will 

You want people's sympathies after you troll a UND fan site with a NDSU National Championship pic?  You are a special kind of "unaware..."

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don’t care what you said. It’s nonesense. 

Actually not at all uncommon.  There is only one NCAA hockey team in the state.  Most N. Dak. Residents who like hockey are UND hockey fans and might be NDSU fans for all other sports.  

We shouldn't be so thin skinned we can't tolerate fans of both who give us some relatively mild crap as long as there is a limit.  It is a sign of weakness.  The best way to deal with this is to get better and beat them on the field.  

Too often we are intolerant of those, even our own loyal fans, who post statements that either challenge our own views or piss us off cuz, in this case we have to tip our hat to them and move on.  By the way, I believe those who feel they couldn't afford the move to FBS should remember people said the same thing about them moving to FCS/DI. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Actually not at all uncommon.  There is only one NCAA hockey team in the state.  Most N. Dak. Residents who like hockey are UND hockey fans and might be NDSU fans for all other sports.  

We shouldn't be so thin skinned we can't tolerate fans of both we give us some relatively mild crap as long as there is a limit.  It is a sign of weakness.  The best way to deal with this is to get better and beat them on the field.  

Too often we are intolerant of those, even our own loyal fans, who post statements that either challenge our own views or piss us off cuz, in this case we have to tip our hat to them and move on.  By the way, I believe those who feel they couldn't afford the move to FBS should remember people said the same thing about them moving to FCS/DI. 

How could they possibly survive and succeed in FBS? Not only would they need a missive boost in football budget but wouldn’t they also need to boost women’s sports to meet title 9?

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How could they possibly survive and succeed in FBS? Not only would they need a missive boost in football budget but wouldn’t they also need to boost women’s sports to meet title 9?

Ignoring title 9 has worked so far. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

My God NDSU is getting away with some blatant holds!!!

Exactly, I texted that several times to some of my buds.  NDSU no doubt the best team but EWU had to beat two opponents today and couldn't.  Some of the calls and non-calls in 1st qtr and thru early/mid 2nd qtr all went against EWU.

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don't know enough about their Title 9 situation to comment.  I don't think they would be a top 10 team but I think some years they would be top 25.  They are close to that now.  Their strength is the financial support from the FM community. That support now includes a bandwagon full of fans from all over the state and region.  Their relationship with Sanford Health is a relationship with an organization named after a Billionaire who has 10-15 yrs to decide where his financial empire will go to keep it away from the IRS.  As the FM community grows the companies donating $10,000 -$50,000 to their athletics will likely grow.  Corporate sponsorship and TV/media revenue is the most important driving support for college athletics.  We have a Governor and legislature who are willing to provide favorable legislation for them even at the expense of all other institutions of higher learning in N. Dak.   I get your point about success.  When is the last time Minnesota or Wisconsin has won an NCAA title?   When moving up most schools need to upgrade facilities which is a big part of the expense.  They are already there.  They would need to come up with the cost of the additional 30 or whatever the number is for scholarships.   Therefore I believe they would survive.   They would give up the title of the best FCS team in the country to play with the big dogs.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure why people are so shocked.......if there are only 10 good teams in FCS football it's not that hard to separate yourself from the other 9 teams.

this isn't 2003 anymore.

Especially when you get home field in the playoffs all the way to the final, which is a "neutral" field (like Vegas was "neutral" for UND hockey this season).  Kudos to Moo U, they're brilliant, but it sure makes it an easier path to a title. 

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

"We can't outspend everyone so we can't win." :lol:

Sounds like they might not be able to use their "special shakes" anymore either, wonder how many players were taking those that didn't get tested? 

We will wait until the Fargo media runs the story.............

14 minutes ago, homer said:

We will wait until the Fargo media runs the story.............

I mean, they literally sat on what they knew, finally letting an internet reporter break that one of the players wasn't playing, before they even acknowledged it. Even then they didn't say anything other than the player didn't travel. So yeah, I'm sure they are all over it. Strange how there is so much interest when other teams players or coaches are suspended though...