SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Well for starters; lots of seniors, 5 coaches, and other players not coming back 

I heard you might have said something similar to that after '13. Worked out pretty well for us after losing about the same amount of seniors and coaches. I may seem over-confident, but I don't see much drop-off for next year's team. We just brought in one of the best, if not the best, recruiting classes in school history.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Are we taking into account that the man had a broken back for much of this season and is/was less than a year away from reconstructive knee surgery?

When healthy last year Wentz was an MVP candidate. Maybe he’ll be banged up his whole career and that’ll be the book on him. But I’m not sure how someone can argue that he isn’t a great QB when he’s healthy.

NFL players play through injury all the time, Wentz is no exception. If those guys can't play, their trainers tell them they can't. When your backup can come in and produce the exact same amount, if not more you aren't irreplaceable. He is good don't get me wrong, but as of now in Philly, his backup has done everything he has done and more at a much lower price.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

NFL players play through injury all the time, Wentz is no exception. If those guys can't play, their trainers tell them they can't. When your backup can come in and produce the exact same amount, if not more you aren't irreplaceable. He is good don't get me wrong, but as of now in Philly, his backup has done everything he has done and more at a much lower price.

I agree Foles has done really well, but he is actually getting paid more than Wentz this year, and his option for next year is around $20 million. I assume by price you mean the picks the eagles traded for Wentz?

10 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

We just brought in one of the best, if not the best, recruiting classes in school history.

Waiting for a year when a school doesn't have it's "best" recruiting class in the school's history.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Trainers work for the team, not the players. Many players have filed grievances with the league over these situations. Just because the trainers and doctors say you can play, doesn’t make it true. He’s clearly been hurt all year if you’ve been watching.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Trainers work for the team, not the players. Many players have filed grievances with the league over these situations. Just because the trainers and doctors say you can play, doesn’t make it true. He’s clearly been hurt all year if you’ve been watching.

The NFL claims that the average Q career is about 6 years for players who make a club's opening day roster in their rookie season. Adding in two NFL season ending injuries, injury prone in HS and college, that career number goes down. 

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I thought I read somewhere that he’s had the back thing since Highschool and it went undiagnosed.

55 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

I heard you might have said something similar to that after '13. Worked out pretty well for us after losing about the same amount of seniors and coaches. I may seem over-confident, but I don't see much drop-off for next year's team. We just brought in one of the best, if not the best, recruiting classes in school history.

So tell me again, your driving your rusty yellow Dodge the bullet pickup truck with manure residue in the box and you know this as fact?

20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you are hurt to the point where you shouldn't be playing, you won't play. 

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I thought I read somewhere that he’s had the back thing since Highschool and it went undiagnosed.

You may be right, I haven’t read that. Though a stress fracture seems unlikely to go that long undiagnosed. Something must have happened to make it symptomatic more recently.

50 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

I agree Foles has done really well, but he is actually getting paid more than Wentz this year, and his option for next year is around $20 million. I assume by price you mean the picks the eagles traded for Wentz?

The picks they traded and the pick they spent to get him. Plus, the reason Foles is making more money is because his contract is based around incentive for winning, which he constantly does when he plays.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

That is not even remotely true.

You play in the league? It's football. You play hurt. There is a difference between hurt and injured. This is why they get paid obscene amounts of money. You need to be able to handle diagnosed injury at times and fight through it.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

You and I clearly live in different realities as it pertains to football injuries.

We certainly do. There is a difference between hurt and injured. The body is an incredible thing. Didn't an NDSU dude pop his shoulder back into place during a game last year and keep playing. He could have came out, but he fought through it. Any football player that actually sees the field constantly in the NFL or College could probably be diagnosed with numerous injuries if they wanted to. It's a rough tough nasty game. It is why I love it.

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So tell me again, your driving your rusty yellow Dodge the bullet pickup truck with manure residue in the box and you know this as fact?

Don't know  it as a fact, but on paper it is the best. Don't know of this dodge you're talking about as I drive a 2018 F-150. Not bad for a Moo-U education, huh?

2 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

You play in the league? It's football. You play hurt. There is a difference between hurt and injured. This is why they get paid obscene amounts of money. You need to be able to handle diagnosed injury at times and fight through it.

You know how many guys have surgery the week and month following the season? 

The standard for playing in the nfl many times isn’t are you injured. It’s are you better at whatever percentage you are at than the backup and will you make it significantly worse by playing

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I think Wentz is a great QB but like you said, might benefit from a different system.

Seems they have a different game plan for the two different QBs. They might want to look at tweaking Carsons.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

You know how many guys have surgery the week and month following the season? 

The standard for playing in the nfl many times isn’t are you injured. It’s are you better at whatever percentage you are at than the backup and will you make it significantly worse by playing

And in Wentz's case, as I stated earlier, he is neck and neck with his backup at the current moment so it won't take much for them to through their Super Bowl MVP backup in the game.

6 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

We certainly do. There is a difference between hurt and injured. The body is an incredible thing. Didn't an NDSU dude pop his shoulder back into place during a game last year and keep playing. He could have came out, but he fought through it. Any football player that actually sees the field constantly in the NFL or College could probably be diagnosed with numerous injuries if they wanted to. It's a rough tough nasty game. It is why I love it.

Example: broke my hand badly in a college game in ‘04. Came to the sideline for an evaluation, yep it’s broke. Coach comes over and asks the trainer if I can make it worse by playing, nope. Played the rest of the game, scheduled for season ending surgery on Monday. 

16 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Kinda like Palmborg right?

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Example: broke my hand badly in a college game in ‘04. Came to the sideline for an evaluation, yep it’s broke. Coach comes over and asks the trainer if I can make it worse by playing, nope. Played the rest of the game, scheduled for season ending surgery on Monday. 

Perfect. That's how it should be. You cared about your team, knew you could still compete better than your backup and fought through it. I did the same thing in college in 2013 with a separated shoulder. Its the football player mentality.

Wentz has great ability but his career will not last long if he is not protected more no quarterback survives in the NFL if they are subject to many hits. Philadelphia is coming to decision point on Wentz next year are they going to sign him up for big money or go with Foles or acquire a new quarterback for the future. I could see where Eagles may let him leave and my guess then he would be perfect candidate for the NEW England in a year. I Think Brady is coming to end of his career and another year of regression is really going to show up. Wentz would fit perfectly in New England where they take a player turn his career around by putting that player in perfect situation to perform.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic