SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

55 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, they literally sat on what they knew, finally letting an internet reporter break that one of the players wasn't playing, before they even acknowledged it. Even then they didn't say anything other than the player didn't travel. So yeah, I'm sure they are all over it. Strange how there is so much interest when other teams players or coaches are suspended though... 

What's was Austin Gordon suspended a year for?

1 minute ago, homer said:

We all know because the reporters did their job and reported.  Who supplied Bison players?

Players? 

I am struggling here. One guy was suspended in 8 years for this title run in the championship. Must be roids.

Gordon out for the year for UND in 2017, must be roids. 

Media, nailed it. 

2 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Players? 

I am struggling here. One guy was suspended in 8 years for this title run in the championship. Must be roids.

Gordon out for the year for UND in 2017, must be roids. 

Media, nailed it. 

Oh, so you WERE making a "ya but" argument. Thought you were offended for being "called out." One guy in eight years!?!? Boy, do you have yellow glasses on. Many arrested, suspensions, etc. Simply not reported by Fargo media (Forum) because they are in bed with the program.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Oh, so you WERE making a "ya but" argument. Thought you were offended for being "called out." One guy in eight years!?!? Boy, do you have yellow glasses on. Many arrested, suspensions, etc. Simply not reported by Fargo media (Forum) because they are in bed with the program.

And UND hasn't? Pretty sure you guys has has multiple players dismissed last year.  I'm not talking anything about it. Most programs in the nation have issues. 18-22 year old kids make many mistakes. I am speaking specially this situation. 

Just now, Tolna said:

And UND hasn't? Pretty sure you guys has has multiple players dismissed last year.  I'm not talking anything about it. Most programs in the nation have issues. 18-22 year old kids make many mistakes. I am speaking specially this situation. 

Why did the Fargo media guys not report it all week?  Or at all....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tolna said:

And it was reported.... NDSU negatives are NOT REPORTED by Fargo media. You are missing the point.

1 minute ago, Tolna said:

Article I read says NDSU found out about it  Thursday. Banned stimulant. 

And there were no opportunities between Thursday and Saturday to report on it??? Inforum is online. Takes minutes to upload a story. Suspension was NEVER disclosed by any Fargo media. Someone surely knew (Dom, Kolpack, McFeely) What gives Tolna?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stockdamhockey said:

And there were no opportunities between Thursday and Saturday to report on it??? Inforum is online. Takes minutes to upload a story. Suspension was NEVER disclosed by any Fargo media. Someone surely knew (Dom, Kolpack, McFeely) What gives Tolna?

I'm not saying your wrong? I haven't yet. When I said calling people out, I was speaking about Robbins. I'm arguing thay no program is bullet proof. ND's biggest media market is Fargo, they will dictate everything. 

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I don't know enough about their Title 9 situation to comment.  I don't think they would be a top 10 team but I think some years they would be top 25.  They are close to that now.  Their strength is the financial support from the FM community. That support now includes a bandwagon full of fans from all over the state and region.  Their relationship with Sanford Health is a relationship with an organization named after a Billionaire who has 10-15 yrs to decide where his financial empire will go to keep it away from the IRS.  As the FM community grows the companies donating $10,000 -$50,000 to their athletics will likely grow.  Corporate sponsorship and TV/media revenue is the most important driving support for college athletics.  We have a Governor and legislature who are willing to provide favorable legislation for them even at the expense of all other institutions of higher learning in N. Dak.   I get your point about success.  When is the last time Minnesota or Wisconsin has won an NCAA title?   When moving up most schools need to upgrade facilities which is a big part of the expense.  They are already there.  They would need to come up with the cost of the additional 30 or whatever the number is for scholarships.   Therefore I believe they would survive.   They would give up the title of the best FCS team in the country to play with the big dogs.   

NDSU will not get an invite from an existing FBS conference, period.  Those conference like the MAC or MWC would end up cutting their own schools CFP allotment as it maxes out at 10 portions for G5 conferences.  G5 schools want more money, not less, and adding a small media market like Fargo would get one laughed out of a room.

NDSU has two options for FBS:

Either take the Liberty route and go it alone, but major money would have to be expended to get four FBS teams to come to the FargoDome, or a much more cost effective way is to start a new FBS conference with at least 8 wannabe FBS members, and that way the required FBS games at home are built in.  There is a thread on that idea by me, but too few take it seriously and bison trolls hate it because UND is included.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tolna said:

I'm not saying your wrong? I haven't yet. When I said calling people out, I was speaking about Robbins. I'm arguing thay no program is bullet proof. ND's biggest media market is Fargo, they will dictate everything. 

"Dictating" you mean suppressing information. Wouldn't want anything bad about the hometown team in the local paper now would we... What would ESPN think? I never used the player's name. Don't attribute that to me.

1 minute ago, Stockdamhockey said:

"Dictating" you mean suppressing information. Wouldn't want anything bad about the hometown team in the local paper now would we... What would ESPN think? I never used the player's name. Don't attribute that to me.

No more WDAZ. Isn't that dictating?

Just now, Tolna said:

No more WDAZ. Isn't that dictating?

Local media's lack of reporting on the suspension was irresponsible. It happened, he's not in uniform. Report it. Didn't even have to speculate on the cause. But the suspension for the game is newsworthy in the sports section. Any responsible beat writer would have reported it at some point between Thursday and game time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU will not get an invite from an existing FBS conference, period.  Those conference like the MAC or MWC would end up cutting their own schools CFP allotment as it maxes out at 10 portions for G5 conferences.  G5 schools want more money, not less, and adding a small media market like Fargo would get one laughed out of a room.

NDSU has two options for FBS:

Either take the Liberty route and go it alone, but major money would have to be expended to get four FBS teams to come to the FargoDome, or a much more cost effective way is to start a new FBS conference with at least 8 wannabe FBS members, and that way the required FBS games at home are built in.  There is a thread on that idea by me, but too few take it seriously and bison trolls hate it because UND is included.

No Sun Belt for the Bison? I am sure a match with Texas State for a Frisco Bowl berth would be exciting for their fan base.

8 hours ago, Tolna said:

The tests were taken after the SDSU game 3 weeks ago.  Everyone in Frisco knew before Thursday. Which means NDSU knew weeks ago.

14 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Actually not at all uncommon.  There is only one NCAA hockey team in the state.  Most N. Dak. Residents who like hockey are UND hockey fans and might be NDSU fans for all other sports.  

We shouldn't be so thin skinned we can't tolerate fans of both who give us some relatively mild crap as long as there is a limit.  It is a sign of weakness.  The best way to deal with this is to get better and beat them on the field.  

Too often we are intolerant of those, even our own loyal fans, who post statements that either challenge our own views or piss us off cuz, in this case we have to tip our hat to them and move on.  By the way, I believe those who feel they couldn't afford the move to FBS should remember people said the same thing about them moving to FCS/DI. 

UND needs to get better in non-hockey sports to remain popular against NDSU given their recent success.  The schools are close in location, and folks can simply pick and choose which school to give their money and attention. 

Easier said than done. People in ND often fear increased sports spending as it is often viewed as frivolous in this context. There are only so many Ralph Engelstads.

UND needs to invest more time, effort, and money into football and basketball. It will be hard. Not impossible, but very difficult. There needs to be a concerted effort.

HPC Phase II funding and coaching salaries need to be proactively assessed and improved. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tolna said:

So early enough that the player(s) didn't travel with the team but the half dozen Forum Communications reporters that were there had to let someone else break the story right before game time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So early enough that the player(s) didn't travel with the team but the half dozen Forum Communications reporters that were there had to let someone else break the story right before game time. 

So jealous - it's just too funny.   

• UNDBIZ locked this topic