SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, Herd said:

Und attempted to hurt NDSU and bolster its own program in 2004-2009 period.  NDSU returned the favor in the 2010-2015 period.  Not a one sided deal.  I have no issue with either.  You do what’s in “your” best interest.

Und in the Big Sky was akin to a rennissance period for NDSU.  Too bad it had to end to be honest, are you sure the budget didn’t work?  Do you think TxA&M wants TX to join the SEC?  Back to a forced relationship with an impossible to deal with ex-wife.

The A&M analogy really doesn't work here. Go home.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

The A&M analogy really doesn't work here. Go home.

Actually it does more than you want to admit. Especially if the scenario was the other way around. Neither fan base wishes whats best for the other school and revells

in any misstep the other school allegedly does whether factual or not. Its is what it is. Own it.

5 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Actually it does more than you want to admit. Especially if the scenario was the other way around. Neither fan base wishes whats best for the other school and revells

in any misstep the other school allegedly does whether factual or not. Its is what it is. Own it.

The analogy doesn't work the way it was stated.  

On 12/28/2018 at 5:07 PM, Bison06 said:

As much as SDSU has challenged NDSU in recent years, it hasn’t risen to the level of excitement that UND week used to in the media and around the campuses(unless things have dramatically changed in recent years, which is entirely possible. I haven’t lived in Fargo for many years.)

I can’t speak for any other Bison fans, but I have always and will always consider UND to be NDSU’s primary rival. Mostly because it starts so much earlier for North Dakota kids.

When I was in high school there would be kids arguing between the two programs about which was better and it really ramped up the week of the game.

I can’t say for sure, but I highly doubt two kids walking the halls of any ND high school are arguing over NDSU vs SDSU. The “civil war” mentality will always be there with UND and NDSU for North Dakota kids.

Well now that all the media is based in Fargo they can drive the SDSU narrative if they want.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2018 at 3:42 PM, Vegas_Sioux said:

Well now that all the media is based in Fargo they can drive the SDSU narrative if they want.  

This statement is certified free of BS.

in 2019, I think I will have to wait until Thursday to read about Sioux victories.... seems when we don’t win we get better coverage.... just sayin’

On 12/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, Herd said:

Too bad it had to end to be honest, are you sure the budget didn’t work?  

Funny side note - Wondering how NDSU will address the additional proposed budget cuts considering their athletic department showed a $857K deficit last year. I assume just kick the can down the road again is the likely answer.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Funny side note - Wondering how NDSU will address the additional proposed budget cuts considering their athletic department showed a $857K deficit last year. I assume just kick the can down the road again is the likely answer.

Is that for realz?  

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Is that for realz?  

I'll preface by saying the reports that these are based off of having a lot of room for discretion in them on how things are categorized. And NDSU doesn't make their report public as far as I have ever seen, so tough to actually see what is going on. On top of that, NDSU is currently at a lower subsidy rate than UND is (though once you make adjustments for UND's surplus and NDSU having to cover the deficit with internal funds, they are pretty dang close), however UND had the approval from students to have that high of usage for student fees. Looking back, wasn't a coincidence on timing for NDSU to try to raise their student fees before being shot down (ultimately trading a section of seating for leaving fees the same). UND's numbers should continue to improve as some of the expenses for cut sports are still being worked through but there was a nice improvement in results. UND's positive results are almost a complete wash that makes up for the negative results in 2016/17. NDSU is the exact opposite, showed really strong results in 2016/17 and then flipped the past year. Again, without the data, tough to see what actually is going on.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

Wonder why this hasn't been floating around social media this week.....? Oh wait, wouldn't want to ruin anyone's delusions of grandeur. I mean it's Klieman's last game at NDSU, because apparently a coach's last game is part of the reason a ticket price should be higher. This doesn't even show two different sorting methods to completely distort the truth!

Tweet for reference

image.png.2c2d691201b098a4cfc2d30c37bebbb0.png    image.png.bd7005e63143af42fa443563ec8dcbca.png   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Wonder why this hasn't been floating around social media this week.....? Oh wait, wouldn't want to ruin anyone's delusions of grandeur. I mean it's Klieman's last game at NDSU, because apparently a coach's last game is part of the reason a ticket price should be higher. This doesn't even show two different sorting methods to completely distort the truth!

Tweet for reference

image.png.2c2d691201b098a4cfc2d30c37bebbb0.png    image.png.bd7005e63143af42fa443563ec8dcbca.png   

Thats funny stuff.

13 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

I’m a Go Sioux type of guy, but tomorrow I’m a go Bison. We’ll tune your butts up next year. 

I will NEVER, EVER, cheer for the Bison.

If the Bison were playing a Taliban football team I would not cheer for the Bison.

Here's hoping they lose by 50!

PS: I suspect they will win by 20 and I WILL NOT watch one second of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3