SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Could also be that NDSU is not only the best team but have also had a horseshoe up their ass for 8 straight years. Can’t win titles without luck otherwise there would be more frequent dynasties.

NDSU losing its NFL 1st round draft pick QB for 8 games, including 3 playoff games, doesn't seem very lucky to me. NDSU has had its share of both good and bad luck during this run.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I don’t disagree that to win a championship often some things have to fall your way, but NDSU hasn’t exactly been immune from the types of challenges other teams have faced, I would argue they have just handled them better. Winning championships in two separate seasons where the head coach and much of the staff are working for two universities’ interests is a pretty unique challenge to overcome. The Klieman transition seemed to go infinitely smoother than the Bohl transition. 

Which is why it’s been an 8 year dynasty so far. It’s a mix of luck and competence, mostly competence.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

NDSU losing its NFL 1st round draft pick QB for 8 games, including 3 playoff games, doesn't seem very lucky to me. NDSU has had its share of both good and bad luck during this run.

And EWU made it to the title game this year with their backup qb.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And EWU made it to the title game this year with their backup qb.

I was very impressed with EWU, more than I expected to be. 

Some of those early penalties really hurt them, hard to know if those big plays happen without the penalties being committed sometimes, but without the penalties they had the NDSU defense on its heels. Not an easy feat.

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Speaking of Wentz, I am not certain he was the best QB on the team at SU and he sure isn't the best on his Philly team.  If he wasn't 6' 5" no one outside of this area would even know his name.  Que the BiZon head explosions now!!

What did Wentz do that Jenson and Stick didn't??  What did Foles do that Wentz didn't....oh, the Super Bowl and playoff rally this year.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Speaking of Wentz, I am not certain he was the best QB on the team at SU and he sure isn't the best on his Philly team.  If he wasn't 6' 5" no one outside of this area would even know his name.  Que the BiZon head explosions now!!

What did Wentz do that Jenson and Stick didn't??  What did Foles do that Wentz didn't....oh, the Super Bowl and playoff rally this year.  

breath thru their nose?

52 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

You make good points. His opportunities to prove himself so far have been hampered by unfortunate injuries. Hopefully that won’t be the story of his career.

9 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You make good points. His opportunities to prove himself so far have been hampered by unfortunate injuries. Hopefully that won’t be the story of his career.

With Wentz at the helm, Philly was not going to the playoffs. Foles was an obvious upgrade over a healthy Wentz.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Is Wentz bigger, faster, and stronger? You bet. No question. 

Does he fit the system and produce like Foles does in Philly? No. Not as of late.

I think Wentz is a great QB but like you said, might benefit from a different system.

Forum communications is the enemy of NDSU.  Didn't you guys know that?  At least that is the consensus on B-Ville.  Ever since the "mugshots" of the players from Petitiongate 2012 were published, it's been obvious that Forum Communications has been out to get NDSU and try to bring them down anyway possible. :wink:

On 1/5/2019 at 2:10 PM, The Sicatoka said:

It's mind boggling to me how NDSU can really not do anything special on offense but be so dominant. 

As I've said, they don't do anything exceptional, but what they do they do exceptionally well. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, geaux_sioux said:

I know, and I’m sick of reading the same post from you 1000 times.

I keep saying it because it's true.

I'm hoping that someone finally figures out that you don't need fancy schemes or systems but what you do need is a relentless commitment to be exceptional at what you do. Every day, every practice, every snap, every step, every move. If it's not exact, do it again or find someone who will. 

So how do you stop the NDSU momentum. You don't. What you do do is ... 

Control what's yours to control: Become relentlessly exceptional at what you do. The rest will take care of itself from there. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Does he fit the system and produce like Foles does in Philly? No. Not as of late.

Are we taking into account that the man had a broken back for much of this season and is/was less than a year away from reconstructive knee surgery?

When healthy last year Wentz was an MVP candidate. Maybe he’ll be banged up his whole career and that’ll be the book on him. But I’m not sure how someone can argue that he isn’t a great QB when he’s healthy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

As of late he’s coming off of a really bad knee injury. He was voted as the third best player in the league by his peers last year and he didn’t get the chance to finish out the season. He’s much better than Foles when healthy. That’s the key, health. If he doesn’t stay healthy, Wentz will be the next what could have been story. If he does he could be a top 5 qb in the NFL for years. 

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Control what's yours to control: Become relentlessly exceptional at what you do. The rest will take care of itself from there. 

Any reason to think the buffalo will not win 5 more titles in the next 5 years?  I don't think so. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I keep saying it because it's true.

I'm hoping that someone finally figures out that you don't need fancy schemes or systems but what you do need is a relentless commitment to be exceptional at what you do. Every day, every practice, every snap, every step, every move. If it's not exact, do it again or find someone who will. 

**Unless 20 of your 60 plays in a game are toss, then even Mississippi Valley State can stop you.

• Like 1