SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

36 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Perfect. That's how it should be. You cared about your team, knew you could still compete better than your backup and fought through it. I did the same thing in college in 2013 with a separated shoulder. Its the football player mentality.

You’re arguing both sides here. You were saying earlier that if a player is truly injured they will sit out(Wentz).

But now you are saying that you and I both played injured.

Which narrative are you going with here?

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Example: broke my hand badly in a college game in ‘04. Came to the sideline for an evaluation, yep it’s broke. Coach comes over and asks the trainer if I can make it worse by playing, nope. Played the rest of the game, scheduled for season ending surgery on Monday. 

You sure you didn't punch a locker, that's kind of a thing down there!!!:lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You’re arguing both sides here. You were saying earlier that if a player is truly injured they will sit out(Wentz).

But now you are saying that you and I both played injured.

Which narrative are you going with here?

I'm going with the narrative I started: Wentz is a good player, currently Foles is better in that system. Wentz is beginning to look like he is injury prone and that will make Philly second guess resigning him. Knowing the fans there, the more success Foles has, the harder it will be for them to go with Wentz unless he realllllly turns it on again.

5 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'm going with the narrative I started: Wentz is a good player, currently Foles is better in that system. Wentz is beginning to look like he is injury prone and that will make Philly second guess resigning him. Knowing the fans there, the more success Foles has, the harder it will be for them to go with Wentz unless he realllllly turns it on again.

Foles has been the QB on an eagles team that has won some big games, yes.

Has he played well when he has stepped in for Wentz? Some games yes very good,  some games they won in spite of his performance. Even the last game, sure he lead a game winning drive, but I wouldn’t say he played particularly well in that game. His stats certainly don’t paint an incredible picture.

Wins are certainly what matters at the end of a game, but there is no way to know how last season plays out if Carson doesn’t get hurt. Maybe he continues playing at an mvp level and they win the Super Bowl anyway, we’ll never know.

I’m not sure about saying Foles is better in Philly’s system, I’m gonna disagree there.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Foles has been the QB on an eagles team that has won some big games, yes.

Has he played well when he has stepped in for Wentz? Some games yes very good,  some games they won in spite of his performance. Even the last game, sure he lead a game winning drive, but I wouldn’t say he played particularly well in that game. His stats certainly don’t paint an incredible picture.

Wins are certainly what matters at the end of a game, but there is no way to know how last season plays out if Carson doesn’t get hurt. Maybe he continues playing at an mvp level and they win the Super Bowl anyway, we’ll never know.

I’m not sure about saying Foles is better in Philly’s system, I’m gonna disagree there.

Then we agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1

Wonder what Matt Larsen thinks of his outgoing senior players pandering for money on social media to cover an upcoming bar tab?

No issue with the players having a good time to celebrate the end of a career, however asking fans on social media to donate to the cause isn't a good look.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Wonder what Matt Larsen thinks of his outgoing senior players pandering for money on social media to cover an upcoming bar tab?

No issue with the players having a good time to celebrate the end of a career, however asking fans on social media to donate to the cause isn't a good look.

hold up....expand please!

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This has gone on for years now after we won the natty. It's nothing new, you're trying to make something out of nothing. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

This has gone on for years now after we won the natty. It's nothing new, you're trying to make something out of nothing. :lol:

I'm sure it is a tradition and I have no issue with that, hope have a blast, they definitely deserve it.

I'm talking about the part where they are openly pandering on social media by the players asking for donations to cover their tab. Do you really think that athletic department is supportive of that portion of the message?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Your players openly ask for donations so they can go to the bar? 

They did it when I was in school too. They take over Chubs for the day. I dont think anyone cares. What kind of loser complains about that hahaha

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'm sure it is a tradition and I have no issue with that, hope have a blast, they definitely deserve it.

I'm talking about the open pandering on social media by the players asking for donations to cover their tab. Do you really think that athletic department is supportive of that kind of message? Definitely starts to cross into some gray areas with booster rules. 

Since their season is over and technically not apart of the program anymore, I don't think the AD really has a say in it. As for booster rules, if it hasn't been addressed in the last 7-8 years we've done it, it more than likely does not break any of them.

Down here there is a service that provides rides home for people too drunk to drive.... great service and after 42 years of ER/CCU very important. BUT a local bar did a fundraiser.... donate so then these people spend all their money at my bar... per state law I do not have to cut them off... and your donation pays their ride home.  Not a good fit for my pocket book... sounds like this ... pay my bar tab because I am great.... do girls come with this?

The Bison to me hit crescendo  this past Saturday and they will be very good football team again next year but not like they have been last several years. The reasons I have for this change in coaching and huge graduating class that filled a lot of skilled positions.  The next reason is this is first year in over 9 years they don't have experienced quarterback to start the next season. They have some good young players that have potential to be good quarterbacks but they have hardly played so they are going to have large learning curve for the coming season. I could very well expect by end of the season they could be contenders but I believe they will have lost a few games getting through the season. I could see where UND playing them early could have very good chance upsetting them and especially when both teams are healthy. NDSU even this year was the best team in Fcs but a lot of it had to do with Stick where they had best quarterback in FCS. I look at rest of FCS the top teams were fairly close in level of play and a lot on who won was based where they were playing.  Now this coming year I don't see where NDSU has that dominance at quarterback so I see team that will be much closer than in past to rest of FCS. Now UND is returning a lot of talent and with right offensive coaches and little more depth they will be knocking to get into that higher level of FCS which is possibility. Also SU has been very lucky in not having one of those seasons where you have multiple injuries at key skilled positions to where you have to shake up whole team to get those positions filled. Yes they have had injuries but where you have starter injured and his replacement injured and then having his replacement injured until where your moving player from different position in to start that position. This happens to teams and whole season is lost because of this. 

52 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Larsen? 

What would the NCAA think of that (improper benefit?), or because they are seniors and have no more eligibility it's no big deal (and that may well be the case). 

41 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They did it when I was in school too. They take over Chubs for the day. I dont think anyone cares. What kind of loser complains about that hahaha

The losers with the shiny offices in Indianapolis that govern college athletics? 

54 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

The Bison to me hit crescendo  this past Saturday and they will be very good football team again next year but not like they have been last several years. The reasons I have for this change in coaching and huge graduating class that filled a lot of skilled positions.  The next reason is this is first year in over 9 years they don't have experienced quarterback to start the next season. They have some good young players that have potential to be good quarterbacks but they have hardly played so they are going to have large learning curve for the coming season. I could very well expect by end of the season they could be contenders but I believe they will have lost a few games getting through the season. I could see where UND playing them early could have very good chance upsetting them and especially when both teams are healthy. NDSU even this year was the best team in Fcs but a lot of it had to do with Stick where they had best quarterback in FCS. I look at rest of FCS the top teams were fairly close in level of play and a lot on who won was based where they were playing.  Now this coming year I don't see where NDSU has that dominance at quarterback so I see team that will be much closer than in past to rest of FCS. Now UND is returning a lot of talent and with right offensive coaches and little more depth they will be knocking to get into that higher level of FCS which is possibility. Also SU has been very lucky in not having one of those seasons where you have multiple injuries at key skilled positions to where you have to shake up whole team to get those positions filled. Yes they have had injuries but where you have starter injured and his replacement injured and then having his replacement injured until where your moving player from different position in to start that position. This happens to teams and whole season is lost because of this. 

Maybe their system doesn't take 4 years to learn.  I think some have grown used to our highly complex system in which only 6 year hard shipped seniors with honors grasp the system half way through their final season.......  Now I am exaggerating and I hope that trend is behind us, but no official rule of thumb exists in which Freshman or Sophomores can't be highly successful.  I wouldn't bank on SU being down on talent, but hopefully a bad hire at a coordinator spot would be nice, then stick with him, or her:lol:, for 5 years.

• Like 1

I am no NDSU roster expert, and I do not mean to undervalue Mr. Stick, but I believe losing SS Robby Grimsley is a larger hit to the defense than losing Stick is to the offense.

Why?

They'll still have that core functionality, that offensive line, that Oxbow and Blackheart could play behind. 

But in a Tampa 2 scheme you need a great MLB and safeties that make consistently good decisions. Grimsley's been that safety (blanket) for a long time and that's very hard to replace. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

I am no NDSU roster expert, and I do not mean to undervalue Mr. Stick, but I believe losing SS Robby Grimsley is a larger hit to the defense than losing Stick is to the offense.

Why?

They'll still have that core functionality, that offensive line, that Oxbow and Blackheart could play behind. 

But in a Tampa 2 scheme you need a great MLB and safeties that make consistently good decisions. Grimsley's been that safety (blanket) for a long time and that's very hard to replace. 

We got a true freshman (Tutsie) that played a significant amount of snaps at safety this year, had a couple picks too I believe, we also return Jimmy Football Hendricks. There will be a little drop off with the loss of Grimsley, but not much. If Trey Lance gets the nod this fall, we will run the ball a little more than we did this year, more read options, RPOs.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic