SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

What I originally said was Schlossman states in the article that  "The players lost by never being able to play in a contest that they would remember for years." -- I think the players will remember for years many of the playoff games and even some regular season games.

You're not understanding what he's saying.  Obviously he know's NDSU players have plenty of games they'll remember for the rest of their lives, he's not dumb.  He's simply referring to the UND/NDSU game as "a contest" they will never have memories of.  

I still think Babich got the shaft. He had one bad season in 2002 and got the boot. Guy was a good coach.

Babich didn't get fired.  He was a finalist for HC of his alma mater, Tulsa. 

That fell through but then his close friend Lovie Smith got the DC job with St. Louis and Babich was hired on there.

Babich left and has been in the NFL for close to 15 years and is currently a D coordinator. Rocky left and coached a team called Northeastern who dropped football and has never coached higher than high school again. Babich was not fired, resigned. Rocky was fired.

Babich brought the west coast offense and Tampa 2 defense to Fargo. Rocky kept trying to run the veer after it was clear it wasn't the offense of the future.

Babich made one mistake in trying to be his own offensive coordinator for the season and it backfired. He was not a bad coach.

Babich neither brought the West Coast Offense nor the Tampa 2 defense to NDSU.  Both were done by Bohl.

Side note:

Never before in the history of the internet has a thread been more aptly named. 

Ha! Remember that one time though, when this thread was simply talking about football and the game on Sept. 19th? Check it out, it's only a couple of pages away. It's the same old song and dance around here. Good discussion get's interrupted by trollish behavior from both fan bases. Sure, it's your board so you justify the baiting. When you catch something though, it's all the fish's fault. Some of you UND fans say you don't want to have a conversation with a Bison fan, but you'll go back and forth arguing about stuff that happened over 10 years ago...makes sense. I don't care about who said or did what, I'm just glad we get to play again. Sure be nice if we could just focus on that.

You're not understanding what he's saying.  Obviously he know's NDSU players have plenty of games they'll remember for the rest of their lives, he's not dumb.  He's simply referring to the UND/NDSU game as "a contest" they will never have memories of.  

How many other contests that never happened do they not have memories of?

NDSU players of the last dozen years arguably have better memories than any other group of NDSU players, despite not playing UND.

ahh... I see your clarification.

So how do you ndsu folks feel about your kicking game?          

kicking is an unknown. punting will be a strength.  our punter is an all american

So how do you ndsu folks feel about your kicking game?

Another unknown at this point. Barneson has a big leg, but I only saw it on kickoffs. The one thing I noticed with him though is he tends to kick towards the sidelines. I'm pretty sure without looking at the roster, that there is a RFr in the mix, and also a incoming freshman recruit that could get a look. Big shoes to fill, that's for sure.

Ha! Remember that one time though, when this thread was simply talking about football and the game on Sept. 19th? Check it out, it's only a couple of pages away. It's the same old song and dance around here. Good discussion get's interrupted by trollish behavior from both fan bases. Sure, it's your board so you justify the baiting. When you catch something though, it's all the fish's fault. Some of you UND fans say you don't want to have a conversation with a Bison fan, but you'll go back and forth arguing about stuff that happened over 10 years ago...makes sense. I don't care about who said or did what, I'm just glad we get to play again. Sure be nice if we could just focus on that.

Exactly.   The UND fans who are complaining about the trolls are the ones feeding them.  Ignore them and they will go away.  Many times a troll who isn't getting the attention they seek will post more and more outlandish material...which will get them banned.  So in summary, ignore the trolls!

• Upvote 1

The Nickel Trophy is in it's rightful place, it's permanent place, in GF.

No, that's not the way it works. To keep it, you have to allow the other team to win it back. If the Nickel doesn't show up in Fargo this fall for the stated reasons, UND loses all rights to the trophy. 

No, that's not the way it works. To keep it, you have to allow the other team to win it back. If the Nickel doesn't show up in Fargo this fall for the stated reasons, UND loses all rights to the trophy.

Hahaha wtf?! Did you find that nonsense in the big book of "Completely made up BS from NDSU fans"?

Sorry, bub. Until that trophy is again on the line and the Bison win it, it means UND owns it.

There is no need to point fingers as to why the Nickel isn't being played for. After what went on with the Sioux nickname the past few years, there is zero chance the Nickel will ever be played for again. That is just the way it is.

Its ok NDSU can't take the nickel trophy, it wouldn't fit in the trophy case anyways with all the National Championship trophys. As for fitting in UND's trophy case, it has lots of room. Sorry CM, that was to easy.

Another example of the great discussion you guys bring to this site. 

Hahaha wtf?! Did you find that nonsense in the big book of "Completely made up BS from NDSU fans"?

Sorry, bub. Until that trophy is again on the line and the Bison win it, it means UND owns it.

I don't care if they play for it, but it gives off a weird vibe if the trophy isn't played for.

Should just put it in a museum if it won't be up for grabs.

Does that mean UND lost all rights to the Sitting Bull Trophy? The trophy is retired because UND is not the Sioux anymore got a problem with that Bison fans...talk to the NCAA.

Does that mean UND lost all rights to the Sitting Bull Trophy? The trophy is retired because UND is not the Sioux anymore got a problem with that Bison fans...talk to the NCAA.

Honestly I doubt UND would agree to play for the trophy anyway. It's a replica of currency. A pretty cool trophy actually.

Honestly I doubt UND would agree to play for the trophy anyway. It's a replica of currency. A pretty cool trophy actually.

It is a buffalo nickel but the PC'ers would have a sh*t fit about it and blame UND for continuing to use it.