SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Let's not leave out the fact that Faison kept turning down Genes offers and finally settled for the worst one. I believe the first offer was an every other year game with the first one being played in Fargo and the second was to be played in Grand Forks. But of course it's all NDSU and Gene's fault. Look at your half wit althletic director for the delay. He finally caves and takes a 2 game contract both in Fargo. You have quite the leadership up running your athletic department.

Do you really think Gene offered that and was intending on signing it? You're not that dumb. Remember when he changed his own offer with no counter offer in between?

The game got signed literally months after he left. Think about it.

Also, here is an article with a quote from your interim AD at the time the contract was signed saying the nickel trophy is no longer part of the tradition. As much as you want it to be true, your athletic director agreed to it in the final negotiations and it was covered up front.

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu-interim-athletic-director-says-taylor-spearheaded-renewing-und-football-games

Actually, I don't think that the trophy should be played for. What I object to is the attitude that UND "owns" the trophy and can unilaterally decide what should, or should not, be done with it. If NDSU agreed that the trophy shouldn't be played for, I have no problem with that. However, if it's not going to be "part of the tradition", what are we going to do with it? That's a question that both UND and NDSU need to decide.

It should be displayed where it can be seen by everyone.

Actually, I don't think that the trophy should be played for. What I object to is the attitude that UND "owns" the trophy and can unilaterally decide what should, or should not, be done with it. If NDSU agreed that the trophy shouldn't be played for, I have no problem with that. However, if it's not going to be "part of the tradition", what are we going to do with it? That's a question that both UND and NDSU need to decide.

It should be displayed where it can be seen by everyone.

let them have it, go look at the quadruplets if you want to see a trophy

Do you really think Gene offered that and was intending on signing it? You're not that dumb. Remember when he changed his own offer with no counter offer in between?

The game got signed literally months after he left. Think about it.

The contract was on Faisons desk for a home and home with a year in between. Media boy Faison ran to the herald and turned it down because it had to be an annual game. It's not a conspiracy like many of you like to believe. The contract that your dear leader finally signed was nearly finalized when Gene left for Iowa. Sit down with Brian and ask him about it. Your Gene theory will be deflated in a hurry. Why would he turn down a home and home a year apart yet finally agree to both in Fargo 4 years apart? Faison thought he had some leverage and quickly found out he didn't. He ran to the media with it and then had to try and save face. He's not a good decision maker.

The contract was on Faisons desk for a home and home with a year in between. Media boy Faison ran to the herald and turned it down because it had to be an annual game. It's not a conspiracy like many of you like to believe. The contract that your dear leader finally signed was nearly finalized when Gene left for Iowa. Sit down with Brian and ask him about it. Your Gene theory will be deflated in a hurry. Why would he turn down a home and home a year apart yet finally agree to both in Fargo 4 years apart? Faison thought he had some leverage and quickly found out he didn't. He ran to the media with it and then had to try and save face. He's not a good decision maker.

Faison didn't make a single comment to the media until he was reached out to after Taylor made comments about the game to Izzo. But revisionist's history is a prerequisite at Fargo U, so no surprise you don't have a clue.

let them have it, go look at the quadruplets if you want to see a trophy

Kind of what I was thinking.  FCS trophies have a bit more significance than a trophy played between 2 teams annually.

No it wasn't nearly finalized.  One of the 10 drafts that had been presented over the years was on his desk.  Yes, Faison wanted a yearly game back in 2010 but then finally relented to every other year.  Then, Gene changed his own offer to two in Fargo, one in GF.  Remember the article in the Forum that pointed it out?  I guess we can dig it up if you want.

Why do you think they finally signed the game immediately Gene left?  Please answer.

What's funny is an interim AD signed the contract that Gene wouldn't before he left.  One could make an argument that Gene wanted to leave it up to the new AD to make the decision but that wasn't even the case.  The new AD got told he was playing UND when he arrived.    :0

Faison didn't make a single comment to the media until he was reached out to after Taylor made comments about the game to Izzo. But revisionist's history is a prerequisite at Fargo U, so no surprise you don't have a clue.

Your dear leader ran to the media when he first took the AD job and told Gene via the herald "we're ready to play, so let's play". Which Gene responded "a phone call would be nice first". Brian called which was reported on then the pressure through the media and even the legislature was applied. Gene sent a contract in response and Faison whined to the herald about it not being the way he wanted it. Of course it's all Gene's fault but yet both games are being played in Fargo.

What's funny is an interim AD signed the contract that Gene wouldn't before he left. One could make an argument that Gene wanted to leave it up to the new AD to make the decision but that wasn't even the case. The new AD got told he was playing UND when he arrived. :0

The contract was in its final stages when Gene left. It was drawn up while Gene was still there. It just wasn't signed before he left because it wasn't compelety finished. Another few weeks and it would've been signed by him.

Can someone tell me why this crap even matters at this point? Talk about petulant children in the effin' sandbox. I think we've exhausted this pi$$ing match once again....when both sides are arguing about inside info that no one but the AD staffs in question would be privy to, and that there is no way to prove any of it other than with statements that make it sound like you work for UND/NDSU Athletics or that you're a fly on the wall when these conversations were had or that you're drinking buds with Ryan Powell or Jeremy Jorgenson and they leak you "the truth" about "what really went down" or you have some incredible ability to read between the lines of media reports to discern "what they actually said/meant," --then this dumpster fire has officially turned into a wild fire that would rival those that are taking place in western Canada and it needs a serious dousing of Devine proportions.

What I really would love to know is some insight and perspective on a comparison of the two teams' linebacking units. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Maybe it was part of the deal when Gene Taylor kept moving goalposts to get the series restarted. It could have been part of the contract that Gene let sit on his desk. After all , according to your athletic dept this is just another game to fill the schedule.

All things aside, let's not forgot first and foremost UND ended this rivalry. They were pussies and didn't have the balls to move up when NDSU did and made a public announcement, right after NDSU announced their move, that they would discontinue playing NDSU in all athletics.

Again, UND ended this rivalry. Keep your stupid nickel trophy if it helps you guys feel better about your mediocrity. NDSU has 12 trophies that are far more important than the nickel and can display them forever.

• Downvote 2

IMO, the idea that the trophy can't, or shouldn't, be played for because it's not an "annual" game is no more than self-serving nonsense. Those who say that should ask themselves if they would have the same attitude if NDSU currently had possession of the trophy, and was refusing to bring it to the FargoDome on Sept 19th. I highly doubt they would.

We don't need your permission - but thanks - the relevance to the trophy is: most wins UND, most wins in the last 10 years of the rivalry UND - no need to throw up your 4 championships we are aware of them and have never dissed the accomplishment - you do them a disservice by constantly demonstrating your inferiority complex. 

I was told by a Bison beat writer that Chapman and Taylor told him that they would not allow a football game to be played with UND as long as they were in charge.  He said he couldn't write about it because he would be banned from NDSU locker rooms forever if he did.  

Taylor kept moving the goalposts while stalling and making it less attractive for UND with no intention of ever agreeing to a game. The last offer he threw out there was so one sided that he figured UND would't accept and was intended as another slap in the face for UND as he exited.  Bubba called his bluff and signed it anyway.  Check out the NDSU press conference when they announced the game.  They weren't very happy about it.

The legacy of the trophy was that is was to be awarded to the winner of the "annual" football game between UND and SU. Times change, time to move on - I doubt there are many schools that have a travelling trophy with a school they only play once every four years with no guarantee of future match-ups. It should be given to the state historical society in Bismarck. It would be great if it could be displayed showing all the scores during the series.

Notre Dame and BC play for the Ireland Trophy.

Notre Dame and Michigan St play for the Megaphone(no longer annual).

Those are two that come to mind real quick.

I was told by a Bison beat writer that Chapman and Taylor told him that they would not allow a football game to be played with UND as long as they were in charge.  He said he couldn't write about it because he would be banned from NDSU locker rooms forever if he did.  

Taylor kept moving the goalposts while stalling and making it less attractive for UND with no intention of ever agreeing to a game. The last offer he threw out there was so one sided that he figured UND would't accept and was intended as another slap in the face for UND as he exited.  Bubba called his bluff and signed it anyway.  Check out the NDSU press conference when they announced the game.  They weren't very happy about it.

I over heard a comment that NDSU wouldnt be playing in GF on his watch. It was well known they didnt want to play UND but the bottom line at the end was if we were going to play the game it wouldnt be in GF.

About those linebacking units, anyone? Anyone?

Dude in the middle should be very good. We'll see about the outside guys. Probably not too shabby.

I'd be a little concerned because once Beck went down the defense didn't look nearly as good. Was that competition level going up or just having trouble without him? No idea.

First couple of games should answer that.

Dude in the middle should be very good. We'll see about the outside guys. Probably not too shabby.

I'd be a little concerned because once Beck went down the defense didn't look nearly as good. Was that competition level going up or just having trouble without him? No idea.

First couple of games should answer that.

Thanks, Johnboy!

As for UND....I'm curious what Disterhaupt has shown coaches to justify an early leapfrog over Labat. I fully realize things could change much between now and The Pokes game. The LBs should be the strength of Schmidt's 3-4 scheme, like old times. Don't sleep on Dranka and Greely on the line, too.