SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Weird how when it happens to any other team, it is considered "part of the game".  It happens to NDSU, it is nothing but "horribly bad luck".

Bad luck is part of the game. Kaka happenes to every team. Some teams it just happens more in some years than others.

So you are talking in a circle when you get boxed in. Just stop. You are embarrassing.

Georgia Tech - 38 PPG. Including a 49 point performance in the Orange Bowl against Miss St. A team who had plenty of time to prepare.

They do just fine moving the ball and scoring.

Embarrassing? Right on dude.

Bad luck is part of the game. Kaka happenes to every team. Some teams it just happens more in some years than others.

Agree with this, and the post about the offense prior. They'll do well.

Georgia Tech - 38 PPG. Including a 49 point performance in the Orange Bowl against Miss St. A team who had plenty of time to prepare.

You just dont get it do you. Just stop.

How do you feel the UND offense will be by the time the NDSU game rolls around? Do you expect them to be working hard to establish the running game or will they be looking to get the QB in a rhythm and get down the field?

Once we get a full squad on offense of the type of guys we need there will be a balanced power o that will soften up the d a lot like ndsu does and then gash them over the top. I honestly can't predict anything at the RB position or the WR position. There are just too many questions. We need the passing game to step up to take pressure off of the run game. We also need RBs to step up who have never played for UND before. I'm not as worried about the hogs and the TE position will be a secret strength of the team. And at the end of the day it really comes down to a qb stepping up to the plate.

Long story short, nobody can predict much of anything with the offense as of now.

Once we get a full squad on offense of the type of guys we need there will be a balanced power o that will soften up the d a lot like ndsu does and then gash them over the top. I honestly can't predict anything at the RB position or the WR position. There are just too many questions. We need the passing game to step up to take pressure off of the run game. We also need RBs to step up who have never played for UND before. I'm not as worried about the hogs and the TE position will be a secret strength of the team. And at the end of the day it really comes down to a qb stepping up to the plate.

Long story short, nobody can predict much of anything with the offense as of now.

From what Ive heard you have brought in some pretty good talent and size on the D-line. Plus your linebackers are supposed to be a strong points as well.  Your thoughts?

From what Ive heard you have brought in some pretty good talent and size on the D-line. Plus your linebackers are supposed to be a strong points as well. Your thoughts?

Our LBs are going to be special this year. We're gonna be big athletic and most importantly deep. Our DL is still missing a true two gap big sob at nose. To me Hinojosa is more of a DE in our d. Still we return some talented guys. I'm worried about our FS position and other corner opposite of Harris. If our secondary improves the defense will be outstanding. I just hope the offense can help them out enough.

Dude....they lost the God dam game. Once they fell behind late, they did not have the capability of getting into field goal range fast enough, which was caused by the offense they used.

If the veer was a great offense to use, you would have more than one P5 program using it.

Last but not least, Georgia Southern no longer uses the triple option. They abandoned it when they decided to hire Fritz.

You are very narrow minded in regards to offense, goodness.

Or just angry about something.

Just narrow minded on the abject ignorance you show on a daily basis . It has nothing to do with offense.

Not the article I expected.  Well written and balanced, very much enjoyed it.

I see the mensa club, including their "independent" recruiting guru/NCAA violation, wasted no time in going after Schlossman on Twitter to defend their honor.  No surprise, they continue to talk themselves in circles as Schlossman shoots down every excuse they have.

Dude....they lost the God dam game. Once they fell behind late, they did not have the capability of getting into field goal range fast enough, which was caused by the offense they used.

If the veer was a great offense to use, you would have more than one P5 program using it.

Last but not least, Georgia Southern no longer uses the triple option. They abandoned it when they decided to hire Fritz.

Don't they still run it some out of the spread package, though?  Not exclusively but I swore I could have seen them running option last year.

I can feel the sh*tstorm brewing on BV over this and you know it will spill over here pretty soon. Good article.

They're trying to figure out how this could have happened. They were sure Schlossman couldn't find anything but REA in Grand Forks. ;) 

Very balanced view of what actually has gone down in the last 12 years between the two schools. Nice to see it on paper without all the bias that goes along with these types of conversations usually. 

This is going to be an exciting couple of months leading into the game in September. I'm hoping to get tickets to a game against our real rival. SDSU has been a solid fill in and UNI definitely has the fanbase's hatred, but it's not the same. 

• Upvote 2

Dude....they lost the God dam game. Once they fell behind late, they did not have the capability of getting into field goal range fast enough, which was caused by the offense they used..

Who lost the game?

Not the article I expected. Well written and balanced, very much enjoyed it.

I see the mensa club, including their "independent" recruiting guru/NCAA violation, wasted no time in going after Schlossman on Twitter to defend their honor. No surprise, they continue to talk themselves in circles as Schlossman shoots down every excuse they have.

The Twitter conversation that ensued after the article was released is absolutely asinine.

Some NDSU supporters/morons believe it's okay to schedule Weber State and not UND? Then they go on to say money is not a priority at NDSU (complete bull$%!#) and that they enjoy winning championships. Behind the scenes, NDSU's administration does all it can to get wealthy ND and MN farmers to contribute year in and year out. What a bunch of crap. Lastly, the pitch is made that NDSU players don't care about playing UND and that no game should ever be played in the Alerus. It's all complete incompetence on the part of some NDSU bozos. I mean, I'm sure Ohio State would love to host Michigan every year, or maybe Iowa host OOC rival Iowa State every season, but it doesn't work that way, so some of the ignorant fools in Fargo need to try look at this a bit more objectively.

What has happened in Fargo the last four seasons acts as quite the psychological experiment; the people who do not have the wherewithal to handle NDSU's success show their lack of mental fortitude through arrogance and illogical babbling.

Congrats NDSU, you're fanbase officially contains "die-hard" idiots. Of course, that's common in many fanbases, but yet that does not make it entirely tolerable.

UND and NDSU are long-time rivals at the same division classification. Yes, they are not in the same conference and in football they have not been even close in terms of competitiveness, but that should not stop either school from scheduling this. NDSU fans who don't want this are either too arrogant or too young (possibly both) to remember the kind of atmosphere this game breeds. It needs to happen, because as far as I can tell, what more does NDSU need to look forward to? Their 4-year championship run was/has been impressive, but it's time to move onto different things and think about the state they're supposedly representing.

• Upvote 1

UND-FB-FAN, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:UND-FB-FAN, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:UND-FB-FAN, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:UND-FB-FAN, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:UND-FB-FAN, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

The Twitter conversation that ensued after the article was released is absolutely asinine.

Some NDSU supporters/morons believe it's okay to schedule Weber State and not UND? Then they go on to say money is not a priority at NDSU (complete bull$%!#) and that they enjoy winning championships. Behind the scenes, NDSU's administration does all it can to get wealthy ND and MN farmers to contribute year in and year out. What a bunch of crap. Lastly, the pitch is made that NDSU players don't care about playing UND and that no game should ever be played in the Alerus. It's all complete incompetence on the part of some NDSU bozos. I mean, I'm sure Ohio State would love to host Michigan every year, or maybe Iowa host OOC rival Iowa State every season, but it doesn't work that way, so some of the ignorant fools in Fargo need to try look at this a bit more objectively.

What has happened in Fargo the last four seasons acts as quite the psychological experiment; the people who do not have the wherewithal to handle NDSU's success show their lack of mental fortitude through arrogance and illogical babbling.

Congrats NDSU, you're fanbase officially contains "die-hard" idiots. Of course, that's common in many fanbases, but yet that does not make it entirely tolerable.

UND and NDSU are long-time rivals at the same division claification. Yes, they are not in the same conference and in football they have not been even close in terms of competitiveness, but should not stop either school from scheduling this. NDSU fans who don't want this are either too arrogant or too young (possibly both) to remember the kind of atmosphere this game breeds. It needs to happen, because as far as I can tell, what more does NDSU need to look forward to? Their 4-year championship run was/has been impressive, but it's time to move onto different things and think about the state they're supposedly representing.

Very, very well put. 

My favorite part is still the one where money is not an issue.  Not like they still have $1.5 million to pay on their football renovations done a decade ago or an absolutely huge shortfall lipstick-on-a-pig BSA renovation that is now causing them to re-use wooden bleachers from the BSA and cut suites from the original plan.

UND and NDSU are long-time rivals at the same division classification. Yes, they are not in the same conference and in football they have not been even close in terms of competitiveness, but that should not stop either school from scheduling this. NDSU fans who don't want this are either too arrogant or too young (possibly both) to remember the kind of atmosphere this game breeds. It needs to happen, because as far as I can tell, what more does NDSU need to look forward to? Their 4-year championship run was/has been impressive, but it's time to move onto different things and think about the state they're supposedly representing.

Be careful not to lump all Bison fans together.....it really is just the few rotten thousands that spoil it for the other 11.

• Upvote 2

It's a very nice opinion article.  I have a couple criticisms  

Schlossman says "The players lost by never being able to play in a contest that they would remember for years."

--I am going to speculate that if he were to interview some of the Bison football players, they would not think they lost out playing a contest they would remember for years.

--Why not interview a couple players and coaches about how they "can't wait" for this game if he is going to make that statement?

2TRU4U, on 17 Jul 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:2TRU4U, on 17 Jul 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

It's a very nice opinion article.  I have a couple criticisms  

Schlossman says "The players lost by never being able to play in a contest that they would remember for years."

--I am going to speculate that if he were to interview some of the Bison football players, they would not think they lost out playing a contest they would remember for years.

--Why not interview a couple players and coaches about how they "can't wait" for this game if he is going to make that statement?

Jirik and Smith are both on record saying they wish they could have played in a UND/NDSU game.  Those comments came unprovoked with any questioning or prodding from anyone about the rivalry.

Are you saying that the players wouldn't have rather played UND over Incarnate Word, Weber State, Ferris State, Delaware State, Robert Morris, Prairie View A&M, etc?

• Upvote 1

If you do want this game to continue on a regular basis, calling NDSU people morons, fools, and idiots isn't helpful.

If you do want this game to continue on a regular basis, calling NDSU people morons, fools, and idiots isn't helpful.

Yah they will take their ball and go home (because they can't take the trophy).