SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:13 PM, cberkas said:
6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Minnesota was on a 5-0 run in the Big Ten. The second they play traditionally lower level (old) WCHA teams they go 0-2.

It's more like Minnesota played someone outside of the B1G and got beat.

Not sure what is wrong with the quotes.

6 minutes ago, Sioux_Hab-it said:

Does this mean that the Gophers get relegated and replaced by UMD for next years Minnesota tournament.   Their fanbase must be thrilled to be team #5 in their state.

I don't think that's how it works, but a lot of Gophers fans prior to this weekend were in favor of that format. 

Tons of empty seats at the X. Do gopher fans season tickets get them in, or do they have to buy thee separately. Very few fans interested in being at this tournament, it appears.

And Gopher fans resort to comments on the SCSU fan base at the game, such as cheering for the opponent, fat women, etc, etc.

And now back to their winning ways in the B1G..

11 minutes ago, Sioux_Hab-it said:

Does this mean that the Gophers get relegated and replaced by UMD for next years Minnesota tournament.   Their fanbase must be thrilled to be team #5 in their state.

No, they get to be in it every year. So the other Minnesota teams can take turns beating them.:D 

I read they are included in their season tickets along with the Marriuci Classic.

15 minutes ago, Sioux_Hab-it said:

They are relegated to the B1G, where they can beat somebody

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

I thought I read somewhere on GPL that they are part of the season ticket package.  If so, pretty pathetic showing.

Looks like you're right and I'm wrong. 

And by the looks of it, it might even be (or has been) included in the other teams ticket packages. Probably why I believe they claim they sold 14K tickets last year. 

Just now, Cratter said:

That must be entire non conference and not just against Minnesota teams?

Because that would mean before the 1-13 skid they were 11-1.

That's what someone on GPL said the record against Minnesota teams is since joining the B1G.

2013-14: 7-1-1

2014-15: 4-6

2015-16: 1-7