SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Bound vs. Terriers

01grad

Couldn't agree more. That's something you teach kids, keep your head up. Skating with your head down puts the skater in danger and with the new rules is unfair to the defense.

Thats kinda what i think, im not saying destroy the guy but they're making harder to hit players now a days. It wont be long before checking is not allowed cuz someone might get hurt, cuz were raising a world of wuses and whimps

It's putting the responsibility for executing a legal hit on the player initiating the hit, as it should be.

I'm sorry but this whole "keep your head up" thing is a thing of the past and I think it's a good thing.

By all means, keep your head up so you can make a play, but you can't just break a rule because a guy's head is in a certain spot or because he's looking down.

Not saying break the rules, they're just making everything now where people dont have to be responsible for themselves anymore. My opinion

Not saying break the rules, they're just making everything now where people dont have to be responsible for themselves anymore. My opinion

Emphasis should be on player safety, regardless of who has responsibility. Yes, ideally an offensive player should be skating with his head up, but defensive players also need to know when to lay off. 

Dumb question based on the DU ejection:  Is there a penalty in hockey for hitting a defenseless player?  Like on that play when they are coming across mid ice and receiving the puck but get hit from the opposite direction....Or is it only a penalty if its head contact?

So at what point during these next two weeks do we get the Lambert story which reveals CORSI numbers that not only are 61.9% of all BU goals scored when Jack Eichel is on the ice, but 53.3% of all goals in all hockey games, everywhere, are scored when Jack Eichel is on the ice for BU, and we've actually already lost this game, mathematically?

So at what point during these next two weeks do we get the Lambert story which reveals CORSI numbers that not only are 61.9% of all BU goals scored when Jack Eichel is on the ice, but 53.3% of all goals in all hockey games, everywhere, are scored when Jack Eichel is on the ice for BU, and we've actually already lost this game, mathematically?

Lol, it's really amazing that the "as the 4th best team in the NCHC", UND has managed not only to win the Penrose Cup but be one of two NCHC teams left standing in the Frozen Four.

Dumb question based on the DU ejection:  Is there a penalty in hockey for hitting a defenseless player?  Like on that play when they are coming across mid ice and receiving the puck but get hit from the opposite direction....Or is it only a penalty if its head contact?

Yes there is, It might be a 5 most of the time but doesn't always have a game DQ attached to the penalty. There was a Notre Dame game earlier this year, the LSSU game I think, where the Notre Dame player was hit clean shoulder to shoulder but it was considered that the Notre Dame player was defenseless. MafiaMan happened to see the same game and thought it was a BS call.

Drake getting some tsn love

http://www.tsn.ca/a-tale-of-two-ncaa-prospects-1.243662

Cool that tsn is showing these games as well! Thanks Johhny. What a story overall on jewels

Just posted this in the season thread because I must have missed it in here. Definitely a good story but maybe my favorite part is when he says he has always viewed himself as a four year player.

Drake getting some tsn love

http://www.tsn.ca/a-tale-of-two-ncaa-prospects-1.243662

Cool that tsn is showing these games as well! Thanks Johhny. What a story overall on jewels

Did I miss something "BU winger Evan Rodrigues, who scored two goals including a beautiful toe drag, game-winning snipe to lead the Terriers over St. Cloud State on Saturday night and a berth in the Frozen Four"

The NCAA seeds the tournament based on PWR (objective) not the USCHO poll (subjective). 

When the bracket was formed:

#1PWR (1 Midwest) - MSU-Mankato

#2PWR (1 West) - North Dakota

#3PWR (1 Mideast) - Boston University

#4PWR (1 East) - Miami

UND is the highest remaining seed. As such they get the home rink locker room and will wear white. 

The NCAA seeds the tournament based on PWR (objective) not the USCHO poll (subjective). 

#4PWR (1 East) - Miami

UND is the highest remaining seed. As such they get the home rink locker room and will wear white. 

We will also get the last change...which will be very important for matchups against the Eichel line.

#4PWR (1 East) - Miami

If they so choose, they can also grab their business suits right?

If they so choose, they can also grab their business suits right?

hasn't bc wear alternates as higher seeds before

I believe UND would have to get approval from the opponent.  I believe that UND let SCSU play in their alternates in SC for a game, and in return UND got to play in the business suits on senior day.