SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Bound vs. Terriers

01grad

There is also a lot of difference between playing in a conference tournament after a disappointing season and being one of the last 4 teams playing for a national title.  The most casual of fans will show up to see a potential national title win.

Agreed...I replied just to give MM crap!

Agreed...I replied just to give MM crap!

TD Garden, my bad. I'm so old-school, I only really remember the old Boston Garden. You know, the place inhabited by sports legends like Rick Bourque, Ken Neely, Lenny Bird, Vernon "Cornflakes" Mixwell, and Ron Auerbach.

Are tickets really going to be hard to get? I believe the TD Garden can hold roughly 17,000. I could see BU fans maybe filling 10,000. We know Denver/Omaha fans won't show up in droves and Providence/RIT not sure how they travel.

Based on what I have seen at other FFs, and that this is already a sellout, tickets will be hard to get. There are lots of college hockey fans that go to the FF even if their team isn't in it.

TD Garden, my bad. I'm so old-school, I only really remember the old Boston Garden. You know, the place inhabited by sports legends like Rick Bourque, Ken Neely, Lenny Bird, Vernon "Cornflakes" Mixwell, and Ron Auerbach.

Ha...that's funny right there!

Are tickets really going to be hard to get? I believe the TD Garden can hold roughly 17,000. I could see BU fans maybe filling 10,000. We know Denver/Omaha fans won't show up in droves and Providence/RIT not sure how they travel.

Last year in Philly the building had lots of people and very electric, but it was not full. You can buy tickets from UND, the regions with 5300 capacity they said each team received 400 tickets. A place with 18000 capacity must give more...?

From what I've seen Eichel is a front runner. He lacks toughness and can be taken out of a game. Duluth did a good job on him.

I was listening to the Pipeline Show on Saturday and they had someone on who said Yale had a guy shadowing him all game which made him very ineffective. I'm interested to see who we match up with him. 

Anyone have any clue where our fan section would be?  Or what end we'd shoot twice at?  

We are highest seed left so logic would dictate that we have Bruins dressing room and bench.  But maybe they don't use NHL dressing room and we'd get visitor dressing room and bench.  Essentially flipping the arena.

Anyone have any clue where our fan section would be?  Or what end we'd shoot twice at?  

We are highest seed left so logic would dictate that we have Bruins dressing room and bench.  But maybe they don't use NHL dressing room and we'd get visitor dressing room and bench.  Essentially flipping the arena.

We do have the Bruins dressing room. Saw that this morning. 

Not sure where to put this comment. Watching the Denver Providence game late, Leleggia just hit a Providence player but got him in the head cuz his head was down, got a 5 min major. Now how are gou spose to hit a guy with his head down without getting a major, thats gonna show players to skate with your head down and act hurt if your hit. Its frustrating cuz its putting the resposibilty of the guy with his head down in the other players hands

Not sure where to put this comment. Watching the Denver Providence game late, Leleggia just hit a Providence player but got him in the head cuz his head was down, got a 5 min major. Now how are gou spose to hit a guy with his head down without getting a major, thats gonna show players to skate with your head down and act hurt if your hit. Its frustrating cuz its putting the resposibilty of the guy with his head down in the other players hands

It's putting the responsibility for executing a legal hit on the player initiating the hit, as it should be.

I'm sorry but this whole "keep your head up" thing is a thing of the past and I think it's a good thing.

By all means, keep your head up so you can make a play, but you can't just break a rule because a guy's head is in a certain spot or because he's looking down.

• Upvote 1

He could of lowered just a hair and hit him in the shoulder or chest, couldn't he?  He had a good look going in and appeared to target the head (albeit, head was down, but you're talking maybe a half-foot) despite having a few steps to adjust his hit.  May disagree but college puts the burden on the guy laying the hit, not the guy with the puck. 

He could of lowered just a hair and hit him in the shoulder or chest, couldn't he?  He had a good look going in and appeared to target the head (albeit, head was down, but you're talking maybe a half-foot) despite having a few steps to adjust his hit.  May disagree but college puts the burden on the guy laying the hit, not the guy with the puck. 

LaLeggia should have just let his D-partner take the Providence player instead of trying to lay him out.

Couldn't agree more. That's something you teach kids, keep your head up. Skating with your head down puts the skater in danger and with the new rules is unfair to the defense.

LaLeggia should have just let his D-partner take the Providence player instead of trying to lay him out.

Yeah he really chose the worst option he had and it cost them, there was no doubt he had him lined up for a while and the worst part is there was no reason to do it.