SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Bound vs. Terriers

01grad

that is how the tickets are sold. It's just like the regional, you buy all 3 games, whether UND plays or not.

Yeah what is the deal, I also heard they only are giving out Thursday game tickets. I dont believe however that you only get the champ game tickets if UND wins, i think they just want to hold on to them until close to game time to lessen resale?? Someone chime in here and let me know if you have more info....

If Und doesn't go to final game

People who bought tix thru Und are gaurenteed to get tix. You have a choice on if you want to go or not

However you have to pay more

If Und wins. They automatically give U a ticket to finals and automatically charge ur account

That is how it was explained to me by one of the people who run the Ralph

How many tickets did UND actually get?  I was told that they only made it through priority #225 before they ran out.  I am sure that not everyone within 1-225 requested tickets, surely not all 225 are going to Boston.  Also, I have not heard of anyone that got more then 2.  It is a real head scratcher why the NCAA wouldn't allot more tickets to the teams in the tournament...it also irritates me that our administration doesn't do a better job to secure more tickets for its fan base and is comfortable letting us take it in the shorts buying tickets on the street.  I don't want to hear any BS sticking up for our administration either...it's not like we haven't been through this just about every other year for the last 18 years.  Surely there are ways to secure more tickets if they actually tried...they don't try, that is why I don't want to hear the BS...

I just talked to someone at the Ralph. They said they charged my credit card for the Thursday game. If we win they will automatically charge my credit card again and I will get tickets for Saturday. They told me if we lose, I will NOT be able to get a ticket for Saturday through UND. They said the NCAA changed the way they are doing tickets this year for participating schools. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I am going to Boston to watch hockey and now I don't have the choice to go to the Championship game unless my team wins...makes no sense

I just talked to someone at the Ralph. They said they charged my credit card for the Thursday game. If we win they will automatically charge my credit card again and I will get tickets for Saturday. They told me if we lose, I will NOT be able to get a ticket for Saturday through UND. They said the NCAA changed the way they are doing tickets this year for participating schools. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I am going to Boston to watch hockey and now I don't have the choice to go to the Championship game unless my team wins...makes no sense

Yeah ok so this is how its going down, wtfffffffffff.

I agree 100%.  Typical NCAA control freaks trying to control everything they can.  Here is the simple solution...if a 20,000 seat arena, pre-sell 15,000 tickets to the general public and give the remaining 5000 tickets to the 4 schools in the frozen four (1250 tickets per school).  If any school does not use their allotted 1250 tickets then give those tickets to schools that need more for their fan base.  Is it really this hard to figure out?

This is asinine

How many tickets did UND actually get?  I was told that they only made it through priority #225 before they ran out.  I am sure that not everyone within 1-225 requested tickets, surely not all 225 are going to Boston.  Also, I have not heard of anyone that got more then 2.  It is a real head scratcher why the NCAA wouldn't allot more tickets to the teams in the tournament...it also irritates me that our administration doesn't do a better job to secure more tickets for its fan base and is comfortable letting us take it in the shorts buying tickets on the street.  I don't want to hear any BS sticking up for our administration either...it's not like we haven't been through this just about every other year for the last 18 years.  Surely there are ways to secure more tickets if they actually tried...they don't try, that is why I don't want to hear the BS...

So you are saying we got less than 500 total tickets possibly? Yeah I had no chance then.

Not "sticking up for admin" but how do you know UND could have gotten more tix? You are right, there are ways to secure more tix. Go to the NCAA site and they connect you with their broker or go to stub hub. In the past I know previous administrators stated they tried to get more from the NCAA and couldn't. I'm not aware of others getting more than 2 tix. My friend who is 50 on the Champions list only got 2. I'm in the low 90's and could only get 2 in the upper bowl and for Thursday only. People need to write not only to the NCAA but also a social media blitz and include ESPN and Boston Chamber of Commerce. People from all over the country come to Boston and spend at least hundreds and in most cases thousands to get their and now can't get to the final. I don't think they have done this before and they need to hear from fans. Hockey fans want to see the final even when their team doesn't make it. Same as Final Four. I wonder if they pulled this cramp for BB this year. This is first of recent 6 Frozen Fours I haven't been able to get 4 lower bowl tix through UND. I have heard others state same.

Not "sticking up for admin" but how do you know UND could have gotten more tix? You are right, there are ways to secure more tix. Go to the NCAA site and they connect you with their broker or go to stub hub. In the past I know previous administrators stated they tried to get more from the NCAA and couldn't. I'm not aware of others getting more than 2 tix. My friend who is 50 on the Champions list only got 2. I'm in the low 90's and could only get 2 in the upper bowl and for Thursday only. People need to write not only to the NCAA but also a social media blitz and include ESPN and Boston Chamber of Commerce. People from all over the country come to Boston and spend at least hundreds and in most cases thousands to get their and now can't get to the final. I don't think they have done this before and they need to hear from fans. Hockey fans want to see the final even when their team doesn't make it. Same as Final Four. I wonder if they pulled this cramp for BB this year. This is first of recent 6 Frozen Fours I haven't been able to get 4 lower bowl tix through UND. I have heard others state same.

I guess not to play devils advocate but how many people are Frozen Four season ticket holders?  If you are on this list, you go each and every year and you get the full session.  NCAA sends a certain number of tickets to each and every school equally.  I can see their thinking here.  Everyone complains of empty arenas, this is a way to make sure that fans of the championship games that actually want to go to the games have a chance to get there. You are only being charged for one night and that is all that is guaranteed.  There are plenty of tickets on secondary sources if you want to have access to both guaranteed.  My wife and I had to pony up big bucks to go to last weekends games because lots of champions club members saw it as a way to make money.  Now that the shoes on someone else foot and they want it, they complain.  Can't have it both ways people.  Not  every hockey school has the following that UND has.  We as fans have to find ways to deal with it.

Each team in the frozen four gets 600 tickets (400 lower level, 200 upper).

If a team does not use all their tickets then the remaining tickets can be made available to other schools on an equal basis.

I am sure all four teams used their allotment, therefore there is no other way for UND to obtain more tickets.

Each team in the frozen four gets 600 tickets (400 lower level, 200 upper).

If a team does not use all their tickets then the remaining tickets can be made available to other schools on an equal basis.

I am sure all four teams used their allotment, therefore there is no other way for UND to obtain more tickets.

This should hopefully reduce the BU crowd at the game.  Not sure who the rest of them will be rooting for but doubt it will be like last year when everybody who was not a Gopher Alum, was rooting for Union.

Not sure if it has been discussed, but I really hope we get "let them play" refs. Too many PKs would be a killer against BU.

This is my worry every tournament since it's killed us in the past. The nice thing is that UNDs style of play has evolved a lot over the past few years.

This is my worry every tournament since it's killed us in the past. The nice thing is that UNDs style of play has evolved a lot over the past few years.

This year we aren't as physical and don't actually take as many penalties so I'm not concerned there.  My big concern like every year is that our advantage of depth is negated by TV timeouts being longer.  Teams can get by with 3 serviceable lines.  Though with illness that was advantage in regional.