SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Bound vs. Terriers

01grad

The Pipeline Show had the Frozen Four coaches on last night. Listen here

Thanks. You come up with some good media finds.

This radio show is out of Edmonton. I didn't think they would know that much about college hockey, but the interviewers are very knowledgeable about UND's playoff history & stateside hockey in general. When Hakstol was asked about Zane, he said, paraphrasing, that Zane is dedicated to becoming as good of a professional as he can possibly be someday, whether it's in a couple months or next year ... not letting the cat out of the bag or maybe he knows as much as the rest of us. .... called Poolman the best athlete on the team.

I didn't think they would know that much about college hockey, but the interviewers are very knowledgeable about UND's playoff history & stateside hockey in general. When Hakstol was asked about Zane, he said, paraphrasing, that Zane is dedicated to becoming as good of a professional as he can possibly be someday, whether it's in a couple months or next year ... not letting the cat out of the bag or maybe he knows as much as the rest of us. .... called Poolman the best athlete on the team.

Dean and Guy know a lot of about college hockey. They have college hockey folks (coaches, recruits and players) on their shows all the time. Also, Guy Flaming attended a weekend series  at UND this season.

Very good point.

Oxbow's head would explode :)

If I shoot even par in my first round in AZ Saturday morning it doesn't make me a scratch golfer.

Murphy has looked better since reinserted in lineup but a single goal or 2 in the F4 doesn't make him a goal scorer (yet) and a Hobey candidate next year.

If he pots one I like UNDs chances though Thursday.

If I shoot even par in my first round in AZ Saturday morning it doesn't make me a scratch golfer.

Murphy has looked better since reinserted in lineup but a single goal or 2 in the F4 doesn't make him a goal scorer (yet) and a Hobey candidate next year.

If he pots one I like UNDs chances though Thursday.

Hobey Baker candidate??? lol... All I said is that your head would explode if Murph was the F4 MOP.... am I wrong? Mine certainly would lol.

Hobey Baker candidate??? lol... All I said is that your head would explode if Murph was the F4 MOP.... am I wrong? Mine certainly would lol.

No........you are correct.  But if that were to happen Hak would definitely get his 'Natty".

• Upvote 1

I hope Wade Murphy becomes our Grayson Allen

Grayson Allen's got a nice ring to it ..sounds like either an upscale fashion boutique in Scottsdale or a Beatnik author in early 60s NYC.

But yes, if Murphy can stay at least even on the +/- or even steal an assist or a goal, I think that would take a lot of pressure off the other lines. He's playing hungry now & it seems like there's a lot of self-imposed urgency in stepping up as he's not guarannteed a roster spot next year. I consider him & St. Clair my main X factors and, maybe more importantly, the officials as they'll play a big role in dictating whether or not the Sioux can physically wear down Eichel.

• Upvote 1

My boy sandy whose won a natty has good insight on bu

Quantity over quality he said in Shota

So you listened to KFAN today, I see?  Oh wait...I suppose he told you this over drinks at the bar.  Or maybe you 2 hashed it out over drinks and he used the insight that he gleaned from your conversation for his interview on KFAN.  I just can't keep up any more...

Never said I had late night cocktails recently with sandy who has won a natty

Last time was probably 3 years ago

If UND wins a Natty this weekend, you're going to have to change your tired, worn out tune.

Nope. He'll just change it to "but Blais still has two" "Hak should win every year" yada, yada, yada.

Correct.  It'll look something like this:

How mnya natyts Blai got?

Hw mny natts Hka gto?

Simpel qesuttns.

• Upvote 4

Nope. He'll just change it to "but Blais still has two" "Hak should win every year" yada, yada, yada.

What will he come up with after next season then? After we don't lose any early departure, bring in Boeser, Wilkie, Gersich and Co, AND Hang #9

• Upvote 1

What will he come up with after next season then? After we don't lose any early departure, bring in Boeser, Wilkie, Gersich and Co, AND Hang #9

Seriously.... does the cap come off?!?!? Could be a special couple of years. Starts on Thursday :) Man, there's some freaking FUN talent coming in over the next handful of years. Big props again to Hak and Co.

This game is earily similar to what we saw in 2011.  We had the Pony Express line that dominated all year long.  We played in an arena basically 90% filled with our fans.  Michigan shut down our top line and had a hot goalie that shut us out.  The story line in 2015 is very similar except roles reversed!! 

This game is earily similar to what we saw in 2011.  We had the Pony Express line that dominated all year long.  We played in an arena basically 90% filled with our fans.  Michigan shut down our top line and had a hot goalie that shut us out.  The story line in 2015 is very similar except roles reversed!! 

Except that UND is better coming into this game than Michigan was in 2011, IMO. I love our defense. Starts with Zane.

I brought this up a little while back but no one really dug into it, but, I'll give it another go. Obviously we'll see a lot of BU fans, but do the other Boston fans (ie. BC, Harvard, NE) cheer for BU or us? I feel like the eastern love may overshadow their hatred for BU. Am I wrong? I hope so. It'd be nice to have a few extra fans on our side.