SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Bound vs. Terriers

01grad

This year we aren't as physical and don't actually take as many penalties so I'm not concerned there. My big concern like every year is that our advantage of depth is negated by TV timeouts being longer. Teams can get by with 3 serviceable lines. Though with illness that was advantage in regional.

All i remember is our big mean team pummeling teams until the frozen four or regional finals and then getting penalty after penalty for being too physical. I like how this team in particular can play basically any style.

All i remember is our big mean team pummeling teams until the frozen four or regional finals and then getting penalty after penalty for being too physical. I like how this team in particular can play basically any style.

It wasn't until the refs didn't call a big hit in the corner on Quinnipiac that UND said, OK, lets play it this way.  Yes they did get a few penalties because of it.  The next night against St Clown, they played a different style.  

It wasn't until the refs didn't call a big hit in the corner on Quinnipiac that UND said, OK, lets play it this way.  Yes they did get a few penalties because of it.  The next night against St Clown, they played a different style.

They had big ten refs each game which allowed for the western style. God help us of ecac officials step out on the ice thursday.

As many of us head to Boston, some are to be introduced to the Boston area dialect. Here is an article that might help to understand that dialect:

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

Just a little humor to break the stress before Thursday. :)

That was funny

Zane Fatheads making the trip. My daughter gave Zane's mom hers after the regional to travel to Boston since we cant go and in return for the gesture had another one made and she got it to Zane. We got it this weekend with a nice little note and autograph by Zane to my daughter. One of the coolest gestures I've seen. My daughter was a big Frattin fan...then Rocco....but I don't think she'll ever not be a huge Zane fan!

Zane Fatheads making the trip. My daughter gave Zane's mom hers after the regional to travel to Boston since we cant go and in return for the gesture had another one made and she got it to Zane. We got it this weekend with a nice little note and autograph by Zane to my daughter. One of the coolest gestures I've seen. My daughter was a big Frattin fan...then Rocco....but I don't think she'll ever not be a huge Zane fan!

That's awesome.

Assign Ausmus the duties of making his life miserable. Then get him so riled up he drops the gloves. Lights out! :)

I do like that idea but it would be ideal to have a forward shadow him. I read an article recently talking about a couple of other teams who shadowed him with success. I can't recall who the teams were though. 

CBerkas- I also expect them to play that sort of game early on to see what they can get away with. Please no ecac refs!

Yes thank you. I made the mistake of reading a few pages of that thread earlier.

Here's a relevant question: What do the good guys do to slow down the Eichel line?

I think Eichel and his play speaks for itself. He's an animal and if he takes over... Well... We just can't let him take over.

DDC is writing about the "rest" of the terriers tonight. You should all see it tomorrow.

Just do what Canada did to Eichel during the World Juniors. 

It surprises me how well he's doing in college and how horribly he played in the World Juniors.  Usually it's the opposite where a player is kept more bottled up in college (since they don't call interference as much) but in international play they do great.  Parise was that way, for sure.

• Upvote 1