SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

I agree about Buccimane but I think he is getting better.  Have to remember this is only going to be his third year doing play by play for college hockey.  I actually have heard that he required doing more college hockey stuff as part of his contract with ESPN.  

If there is one thing that irks me about Bucci its that he has a pretty heavy East Coast bias.  I wish UND would extend an invite to him to come and do a game.  Ideally, inquire about the possibility of getting him and Melrose out to the REA next time we host Minnesota.  ESPN coverage can be a big advantage.

I agree about Buccimane but I think he is getting better. Have to remember this is only going to be his third year doing play by play for college hockey. I actually have heard that he required doing more college hockey stuff as part of his contract with ESPN.

If there is one thing that irks me about Bucci its that he has a pretty heavy East Coast bias. I wish UND would extend an invite to him to come and do a game. Ideally, inquire about the possibility of getting him and Melrose out to the REA next time we host Minnesota. ESPN coverage can be a big advantage.

He consistently gives us and UMD props on his Twitter.

Clay Matvick will be doing announcing duties for the regional. He's good in my opinion.

My condolences to the regional that is getting stuck with Buccigross and the college hockey ignorant that is Barry Melrose.

Clay is great. He called one of my favorite games....the Porter wrap-around that sent us to the FF and sent the rodents golfing!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZBMaaAzhE

no more being sorry that mac is done.  he is gone and done and not coming back.  it's not like they lost ovechkin or crosby.  mac was a good player but this team is not centered around him.  I'm talking to you Mr. Parks, you have looked like you have lost your puppy dog the last three weeks.  step up and play like a senior maybe playing his game in this uniform.  that being said there is absolutely no reason why UND should not be packing their bags for Boston at about 10:30 next Saturday night.   If they can't win this region against these three teams on essentially home ice then this program should be shut down.  for god's sakes every cries about BC never has to travel and look at all the success they have.   well here's our moment to take advantage of home cooking.

"In the old Western Collegiate Hockey Association, the last five teams to lose the third-place game went on to lose in the first round of the NCAAs. Four of those five teams were higher seeds, including two No. 1s."

Yikes! Time to end that streak. I think Holy Cross was a beneficiary of one of those teams.

"In the old Western Collegiate Hockey Association, the last five teams to lose the third-place game went on to lose in the first round of the NCAAs. Four of those five teams were higher seeds, including two No. 1s."

The question being how many of those winning teams came off a loss. Every team in this region lost yesterday.

Yikes! Time to end that streak. I think Holy Cross was a beneficiary of one of those teams.

Here I thought the logical conclusion would be to stop playing a third place game... 

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the brilliant strategy by Hak that got us this bracket at the west regional. Had we beat St. Cloud on Fri. and they then went on to lose again Sat. they would not have made the NCAA tournament. If we would have won both games and retained our #1 overall ranking we would be playing RIT. St. Cloud would not be in the tournament, therefore another 3 seed would have to play here, perhaps Minny or BC. If we had beat Miami they may not have been a one seed, further upsetting the apple cart. Fargo may have been the Region of Death. 

Dave Hakstol, evil genius.     200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

• Upvote 2

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the brilliant strategy by Hak that got us this bracket at the west regional. Had we beat St. Cloud on Fri. and they then went on to lose again Sat. they would not have made the NCAA tournament. If we would have won both games and retained our #1 overall ranking we would be playing RIT. St. Cloud would not be in the tournament, therefore another 3 seed would have to play here, perhaps Minny or BC. If we had beat Miami they may not have been a one seed, further upsetting the apple cart. Fargo may have been the Region of Death. 

Dave Hakstol, evil genius.     200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco

I think the boys were stressed out and holding their sticks too tight.  Winning means "playing" and playing means that you are having fun.  Fast and loose is how hockey needs to be played...not worrying about making mistakes...and obsessing over details.

I hate the approach of winning that is based on "making fewer mistakes than your opponent."  How about "making more awesome plays than your opponent."

I think this might be exactly why we win a ton of games, but not the big one under Hak...the recipe of detail and not making mistakes vs flow and making plays.

Top Gun analogy:  Hak is Iceman and trains the team to be like Iceman...Dean Blais is Maverick (ironic given the mascot in Omaha)

Disclaimer:  I am in no way calling for Hak's head or a coaching change with this statement

• Upvote 1

I think the boys were stressed out and holding their sticks too tight.  Winning means "playing" and playing means that you are having fun.  Fast and loose is how hockey needs to be played...not worrying about making mistakes...and obsessing over details.

I hate the approach of winning that is based on "making fewer mistakes than your opponent."  How about "making more awesome plays than your opponent."

I think this might be exactly why we win a ton of games, but not the big one under Hak...the recipe of detail and not making mistakes vs flow and making plays.

Top Gun analogy:  Hak is Iceman and trains the team to be like Iceman...Dean Blais is Maverick (ironic given the mascot in Omaha)

Disclaimer:  I am in no way calling for Hak's head or a coaching change with this statement

So who would Hak be if you used a Footloose analogy? Ren McCormick? Reverend Shaw Moore? Chuck, the ex-boyfriend?

I think there is truth to what you say, Yzerman.