SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

How long will we have to figure out if the Mattson experiment will work? 1 period? It's win or go home. So then if it didn't work, you'd move Panz there and completely make the Mattson experiment irrelevant. By that move, you reduce all-around skill on the forward group when improving skill was the reason for the move in the first place. It's just not gonna happen.

Marto had a bunch of games down the stretch to get ready for that kind of change. Throwing Mattson in as a F in the NCAA tournament is just too risky.

Going into the NCAA Tournament scoring 1 goal a game the weekend before and thinking that nothing needs to be chaged is a little risky too!

...and not overly smart.  This isn't a video game, Mattson is 100% a D, not a F.  The offense he provides is from the point, I can almost guarentee he would be useless up front, he's a little too timid.  He needs time and space to operate. In the offensive zone, the offense is designed to play on the walls and in the corners.  I don't think mattson would have the grit to play there.

Agreed, Mattson is a defenseman who can produce offense. Though, I don't see him going into the corners and making plays. He needs to stay put. If you really want him to make an impact, tell whomever IS playing forward to create space and get the puck to Nick to shoot.

• Upvote 1

Going into the NCAA Tournament scoring 1 goal a game the weekend before and thinking that nothing needs to be chaged is a little risky too!

I said that nothing needed to be changed? No. I said throwing a defenseman who's NEVER PLAYED FORWARD BEFORE into a NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME, is too risky. And I'm extremely confused how any of you could think it's a good idea. But, nonetheless, think away. To each, their own. It's just not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

...and not overly smart.  This isn't a video game, Mattson is 100% a D, not a F.  The offense he provides is from the point, I can almost guarentee he would be useless up front, he's a little too timid.  He needs time and space to operate. In the offensive zone, the offense is designed to play on the walls and in the corners.  I don't think mattson would have the grit to play there.

EXACTLY. Thank you.

Agreed, Mattson is a defenseman who can produce offense. Though, I don't see him going into the corners and making plays. He needs to stay put. If you really want him to make an impact, tell whomever IS playing forward to create space and get the puck to Nick to shoot.

Again... EXACTLY. Thank you.

Anyone else feel like the coaches should give Johnson a stick that was maybe an inch longer? He could have 20 goals rather than 20 whiffs on the season. Seriously though, LJ is a guy they need to step up and be an impact player.

He would have had another 5-10 penalties with a longer stick. Kidding! But seriously, he takes more penalties with his stick than any other on the team, which is a result of him not moving his feet and him using his stick to stop guys blowing by him!

• Upvote 1

I said that nothing needed to be changed? No. I said throwing a defenseman who's NEVER PLAYED FORWARD BEFORE into a NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME, is too risky. And I'm extremely confused how any of you could think it's a good idea. But, nonetheless, think away. To each, their own. It's just not going to happen.

OK, calm down.  I should have put a little smiley behind my comment as I meant for it to be sarcastic.  YOu can mess with the lines, sure.  Needs to be done.  But obvioulsy you don't move a D-man to forward for the first time in the NCAA tournament.  I agree with you MAttson needs to stay where he is at.

He would have had another 5-10 penalties with a longer stick. Kidding! But seriously, he takes more penalties with his stick than any other on the team, which is a result of him not moving his feet and him using his stick to stop guys blowing by him!

hahaha, well played

OK, calm down.  I should have put a little smiley behind my comment as I meant for it to be sarcastic.  YOu can mess with the lines, sure.  Needs to be done.  But obvioulsy you don't move a D-man to forward for the first time in the NCAA tournament.  I agree with you MAttson needs to stay where he is at.

Thank god. You gotta have the smiley, man. I can't read inflection :)

I know this isn't the ticket area, but just heard the GM of Scheel's arena on the Fargo Fan.  He stated that all tickets allotted to each school were taken and he expects non back.  

Did anyone think with what they're worth anyone would turn them back. Will be lots of tickets on stubhub and craigslist with a Connecticut and Michigan address.

I know this isn't the ticket area, but just heard the GM of Scheel's arena on the Fargo Fan.  He stated that all tickets allotted to each school were taken and he expects non back.  

Something else that was stated in the interview, This is a one ticket event per night according to the GM.  I have seen people trying to sell the 1st game friday.  If that is the case, unless you have the tickets in hand, buyer beware.

If Colton is healthy enough to play he needs to be in there. Comfortable playing at Scheels, energy and PK guy and has some big game experience. Murphy is none of this.

NS and Gaarder lines as is. Hak could go w Chyzyk LJ and Pooly. Leave Simo Colton Pattyn

If Colton is healthy enough to play he needs to be in there. Comfortable playing at Scheels, energy and PK guy and has some big game experience. Murphy is none of this.

NS and Gaarder lines as is. Hak could go w Chyzyk LJ and Pooly. Leave Simo Colton Pattyn

There is is. I agree completely. Book it, Ox.

Anyone know how the SRO tickets work? Is the floor marked with areas to stand? How is it organized? I have never been in SRO.

I have been to a few Force games and I just can’t picture how they are going to make this work out. 

Spoke with the some ticketing person last night on the phone at Scheels arena, then ensured me that there would be space enough for all SRO ticket holders, I would think they would have risers down in that area…not sure what they are doing with the general admission space on the north end at Force games, the only SRO tickets I have heard of are club level or south end….the south is what the ice bar is normally at Force games, I know at Force games it’s a free for all, so I am hoping(not holding my breath) that it is configured better…maybe they are moving the north end bleachers to the south end, who knows.

^^^This

Spoke with the some ticketing person last night on the phone at Scheels arena, then ensured me that there would be space enough for all SRO ticket holders, I would think they would have risers down in that area…not sure what they are doing with the general admission space on the north end at Force games, the only SRO tickets I have heard of are club level or south end….the south is what the ice bar is normally at Force games, I know at Force games it’s a free for all, so I am hoping(not holding my breath) that it is configured better…maybe they are moving the north end bleachers to the south end, who knows.

The north end is the student section

Big Chief called St Cloud ticket office today and got tickets.  played like he was alum.

Do you have to pick them up at Scheels Arena, or from St. Cloud?

I know a UND fan who lives down by St. Cloud and called Monday to inquire about tickets (didn't pretend they were alum however did purchase st. cloud tickets  this year to the UND game so their info was already in the system).  They were told season ticket holders and corporate sponsors get first crack at tickets, but if anything is left on Tuesday they'll make them available to the general public.  Being general public their name was taken down and they were told they'll get a call Tuesday if anything is left.  Sure enough they got a call today.  However, they told me St. Cloud had a requirement donation that was needed before they would let them buy tickets - which they were fine doing.

They said tickets have to be picked up by Thursday in St. Cloud otherwise they will be at Will Call in Fargo.

I know a UND fan who lives down by St. Cloud and called Monday to inquire about tickets (didn't pretend they were alum however did purchase st. cloud tickets this year to the UND game so their info was already in the system). They were told season ticket holders and corporate sponsors get first crack at tickets, but if anything is left on Tuesday they'll make them available to the general public. Being general public their name was taken down and they were told they'll get a call Tuesday if anything is left. Sure enough they got a call today. However, they told me St. Cloud had a requirement donation that was needed before they would let them buy tickets - which they were fine doing.

They said tickets have to be picked up by Thursday in St. Cloud otherwise they will be at Will Call in Fargo.

Sweet. I was thinking about calling Tech.