SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

After the du game all I hear hak say numerous times is "we need to get back to work"...which is opposite of fun. Which many have pointed out numerous times over the last decade.

I don't recall ever losing a game and saying "wow, that was fun!".

I have to think positively going into this weekend and that the boys will be ready physically and mentally. Hak will hopefully help the boys rise to the occasion, but he shouldn't need much help motivating them in front of a home sellout crowd for the first round of the playoffs.

Hak will shouldn't need much help motivating them in front of a home sellout crowd for the first round of the playoffs.

While it wasnt a sellout, Ive been waiting for the same thing the last two years at the NCHC tournament. Last year UND was playing for their lives both friday and saturday in front of a homecrowd but still only managed to go 1-1 at the target center. (1-3 overall with a home crowd advantage).

How much puck luck does UND need this weekend to win?

How much puck luck does UND need this weekend to win?

If you’re counting on “puck luck” at Scheels arena might as well keep the TV off and stay home, I will count on our skill level, grit and determination before banking on puck luck from ice that will only be slightly better than the outdoor Omaha game

Heres what the Fargo paper said about this regional.

"Outside of alcohol not being sold to the general public, Kram said there weren’t many things fans need to know about arguably the biggest sporting event ever to come to Fargo."

I don't know, man.  I saw Superstar Billy Graham vs. Wahoo McDaniels in an Indian Strap Match in Fargo as a kid.  Pretty big crowd there for that one in the old civic center.  :D

• Upvote 1

I have always felt that the large and passionate fan base puts a lot of pressure on the players, pressure that helps them succeed at higher levels but makes them too tight in the pinnacle of their current level. I did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express, but I do have a sleep machine beside my bed set to Chelsea Dagger.

• Upvote 1

The strength of having four lines also takes a backseat with all of the TV timeouts. Easier to rest your big guns when your team doesn't have as much depth

I don't disagree, but I think depth has importance, still. Regardless of TV timeouts, legs still get tired. Also, having the ability to roll out four lines with varying styles keeps the opponent guessing a bit.

• Upvote 1

WooooW.......apparently the Quinnipiaci are having trouble getting to Fargo.....to Quote their Head Coach.. "Fargo is a hard place to get to"

I'd say they can't figure this one out...time to reconsider their accreditation.

http://sportzedge.com/2015/03/23/the-biggest-challenge-for-quinnipiac-hockey-in-ncaa-tournament-may-just-be-getting-to-fargo/

WooooW.......apparently the Quinnipiaci are having trouble getting to Fargo.....to Quote their Head Coach.. "Fargo is a hard place to get to"

I'd say they can't figure this one out...time to reconsider their accreditation.

http://sportzedge.com/2015/03/23/the-biggest-challenge-for-quinnipiac-hockey-in-ncaa-tournament-may-just-be-getting-to-fargo/

/rolleyes / facepalm at New Englanders that think the world ends at the Hudson River.

First, why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks would you fly into Bismarck?   There's thousands of flights into MSP which is about the same driving distance.   Besides, most of the flights into Bismarck have flight crew that's UND alumni. 

OTOH, maybe they are just throwing a little sandbagging at us.

Why are they going to Bismarck? I hear Minneapolis may have an airport...