SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

Wow, I like this coach. He is playing all the mental games. 1st saying his #1 player may not be available. Then the, how are we getting there card. I suspect they will be there in full on Wed. as planned with #1 player ready to go.

I'm sure Hakstol and the boys are really concerned about Quinnipiac's travel itinerary and when/where they fly into :)

WooooW.......apparently the Quinnipiaci are having trouble getting to Fargo.....to Quote their Head Coach.. "Fargo is a hard place to get to"

I'd say they can't figure this one out...time to reconsider their accreditation.

http://sportzedge.com/2015/03/23/the-biggest-challenge-for-quinnipiac-hockey-in-ncaa-tournament-may-just-be-getting-to-fargo/

Well, if they don't know that Minneapolis has an airport that has links to Hector, maybe they should drive.......I have an old atlas I could send them.

I don't think the QU coach is blowing smoke. Has any of you tried getting a flight for a family of 4 in or out of North Dakota with less then a weeks notice? Not to mention 30+ with student athletes, coaches, trainers, etc. Good Luck, probably blow the schools athletics budget for a year plus... They would definitely be better bussing up from Minny.

Well, if they don't know that Minneapolis has an airport that has links to Hector, maybe they should drive.......I have an old atlas I could send them.

Well played, sir!

Maybe they are intentionally flying to Bismarck to complete their History 101 class. They will be expected to write a report on all the settlers sod homes and native tribes living in their tepees as they roam across the untapped Great Plains.

The way i see it is that UND just lost to two teams from the NCHC the most dominant force in NC$$ hockey. They barely lost to St. Cloud, IMO if UND would have played Sioux Hockey the last minutes of the first period on friday they wouldn't have gone into the locker room shell shocked. The boys came out hard in the second and third periods and only got scored on again with Zano "insano"  sitting on the bench. In conclusion if UND can play shut down hockey (as we all know they can) they should be able to come out on friday and take it to Quinnipiac and make them play to the will of the game we call SIOUX HOCKEY. I believe these men have burnt their ships and are not willing to accept anything but conquest.

8073820481_5836ff3a75_z.jpg

• Upvote 3

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=100303

Practices are open to the public on Thursday. UND will go from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. at Scheels Arena.

11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — St. Cloud State

12:45 to 1:45 p.m. — Michigan Tech

2 to 3 p.m. — Quinnipiac

3:15 to 4:15 p.m. — North Dakota

Can we get a packed house from 11:30 to 3:00, with nothing but the SIV chant going?

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's any way Murphy is in on Friday.

I honestly think there may be a slight chance....he was decent on Saturday.  I think Pattyn should play a bottom six role...it fits better for his style of play. 

Caggs, Schmaltz, Parks

Chyzk, LJ, Murph (or Pattyn) 

OD  Gaarder  Pogs

Pattyn (or Murph)  Simo  Poolman

Roll four lines.  Those 3rd and 4th lines will be tough to play against.  I believe we have final line change so we could drop that LJ line in only in the O zone.

I honestly think there may be a slight chance....he was decent on Saturday.  I think Pattyn should play a bottom six role...it fits better for his style of play. 

Caggs, Schmaltz, Parks

OD  Gaarder  Pogs

One game just not give him enough clout to play in a NCAA tourney game, IMO.

You're probably right, but he was noticeable out there and he looked like a top 6 forward to me.  He was very good in juniors so if he has found his confidence somehow I would be in favor of rolling him out there.  It could not only pay dividends this year but also the next two years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_I_Men%27s_Ice_Hockey_Tournament

i was just curious to see where the 2016 Frozen Four was and found that it is in Tampa, FL. but it is being hosted by Wisconsin. After the season they had is Wisconsin moving too Tampa to try and start over fresh adn get a new fan base of retirees? :p  :whistling:

Naturally, hosting in the Ralph would have been tremendous, but it should still be a pretty solid environment in Scheels. I am hoping that with the size of the building, it may actually get louder in there. Can anyone offer a comparison of the size or build of the arena to the old Ralph? I never made it to a game there but I always hear it was a really intimidating environment. Does Scheels compare in size, or was the old Ralph still way bigger?

Caggs, Schmaltz, Parks

OD  Gaarder  Pogs

Roll four lines.  Those 3rd and 4th lines will be tough to play against.  I believe we have final line change so we could drop that LJ line in only in the O zone.

I remember Schlossman saying St. Clair will be ready this weekend and he fully expects him to play(or something along those lines). So I think St. Clair takes Murphy's spot.

Naturally, hosting in the Ralph would have been tremendous, but it should still be a pretty solid environment in Scheels. I am hoping that with the size of the building, it may actually get louder in there. Can anyone offer a comparison of the size or build of the arena to the old Ralph? I never made it to a game there but I always hear it was a really intimidating environment. Does Scheels compare in size, or was the old Ralph still way bigger?

As far as capacity, I think Scheels is pretty comparable to the Old Ralph.

As far as capacity, I think Scheels is pretty comparable to the Old Ralph.

I always remember hearing it was really intimidating to play there. With so much less open space, I could see it getting really loud in there. I ran into Dan Woog a few years back and talked hockey with him, he said playing there, it was like the fans were right on top of you. We can hope for some of that environment this weekend.

Side note: Dan also said he learned some interesting facts, from the fans, about his mother, family, and why he made the team when he came up to play against the Sioux. Pretty nice guy.

Informed that Murphy was on a line with Pattyn and Schmaltz and St.C was with Chyz and Poolman. That was from Monday's practice obviously it could change as we go forward this week.