SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Griz look like crap to start the game on both sides of the ball. They are now going to a no huddle offense this year, I think our D will eat them alive.

Feeling very confident.

A new record crowd for this game. I just hope UND's offense can sustain drives that gives the defense a breather as that no-huddle offense could really kill them if the offense doesn't provide any relief.

Now not feeling confident...so which is it?

I have no idea how good Montana's offense is, because I have no idea how good NDSU's defense is.  They certainly are a fun group to watch though.

I have no idea how good Montana's offense is, because I have no idea how good NDSU's defense is.  They certainly are a fun group to watch though.

The answer is somewhere in the middle. If SU's D is really as bad as yesterday they won't make the playoffs. If the Griz O is that good from here on out they'll roll thru the BSC. I don't see either of those things happening.

Feeling very confident.

Now not feeling confident...so which is it?

UM looked bad in the beginning but picked it up and got into a rhythm. I just hope the fires are out when UND goes to Missoula.

Even in the incredible shoot-out in 2012 when UND's defense was atrocious, they gave up less points and yards to Montana than NDSU did yesterday.  I don't know how the game against either team will end, but UND's defense won't give up that many points and yards to Montana this year.  The flip side is, UND's offense won't be able to move the ball as well as either offense.  Don't think they have the size to create the mismatches UM did against NDSU's secondary and it remains to be seen how the O-Line and running game will do up the middle against Montana, which seems to be where NDSU was having the most success.

Also a pretty eye opening stat from the game, NDSU had a 10 1/2 minutes TOP advantage, still lost and UM ran more plays than them 92-73.

I did not know that a minor could get arrested for drunk driving if his BAC is below .08.  Not trying to defend what he did but I'm curious what his BAC was?

Edited by dmksioux

I did not know that a minor could get arrested for drunk driving if his BAC is below .08.  Not trying to defend what he did but I'm curious what his BAAc was?

North Dakota has a zero tolerance law with minors drinking and driving. A trace of alcohol is enough to get a "minor while driving." It's not the same as a DUI.

Actually the story said he was cited for "Minor Zero Tolerance" no reference to anything about driving. Hopefully the team sees this as a warning that everything is a distraction - no excuses for anyone. Interesting that the Forum chose to post this story on their website - slow news weekend on the police blotter in the Fargo as their football team was out of town. 

Let's get back on focus - our season starts this weekend. 

Actually the story said he was cited for "Minor Zero Tolerance" no reference to anything about driving. Hopefully the team sees this as a warning that everything is a distraction - no excuses for anyone. Interesting that the Forum chose to post this story on their website - slow news weekend on the police blotter in the Fargo as their football team was out of town. 

Let's get back on focus - our season starts this weekend. 

Not sure what story you read, but the young man WAS operating a vehicle. 

With that, I agree it's time to move on to the season opener. I'm very excited to "listen" on Saturday and see where this team is at. No reason the game down in Wyoming isn't competitive all 4 quarters, giving the boys in green and white a chance to pull it out at the end.

Go UND!

I didn't say he wasn't operating a vehicle what the story said was he was cited for "Minor Zero Tolerance" - yes he was driving but according to the story that didn't come into play with the citation. Yes let's move on - hopefully this is a valuable lesson for the entire team. 

Minors will drink in the college aged years. It's an uncomfortable reality. Some will get caught and learn. 

But my compassion drops markedly for a minor who drinks then gets behind the wheel. 

The young man did not follow the law, but if he would precisely repeat what he did approximately a year from now, you would not hear a thing about it.

Just something to think about. 

• Upvote 4

Minors will drink in the college aged years. It's an uncomfortable reality. Some will get caught and learn. 

But my compassion drops markedly for a minor who drinks then gets behind the wheel. 

The story in the paper said his BAC was below .08 but it did not say how much below.  For all we know, it could have been .01 since it's a zero tolerance for minors.  Again, not good that he chose to drive after drinking, but I will with hold judging him as I do not know all of the facts.  I trust the coaching staff will give out the appropriate punishment.

Campus police say 20-year-old Hudson Walton was pulled over for speeding when an officer smelled alcohol. A breathalizer showed his blood alcohol level was under .08. However, he was arrested for minor zero tolerance.

Edited by dmksioux

Any new practice or player updates? I know there were some injuries to the RBs in camp, mostly minor .. do we expect everyone to be back and ready against Wyoming? I know Oliveira and Smith haven't had their shirts pulled (yet), will they make the trip? Anything new on the QB front; I know Studsrud will start, but how has he looked? Is he continuing to build chemistry with receivers? Is he looking more consistent? Or are we still seeing small mistakes and missed receivers? I don't expect him to be Braeden Hanson, but it would be nice to have a competent air game, especially against a young WYO defense.

Any revised predictions? I remember seeing a lot of 6-7 (hopeful) win seasons predicted, with three tiers of games -- Wins, winnables, losses. With the victory in Laramie, AND getting a look at the rest of the conference, does anyone want to take another shot?

I didn't post an initial prediction but after the win at Wyoming, I'll go with 8-3.  Losses will come to NDSU, Montana and MSU. 

I didn't post an initial prediction but after the win at Wyoming, I'll go with 8-3.  Losses will come to NDSU, Montana and MSU.

I believe I thought we'd be 6-5 this year. I'm thinking now we end up 8-3 as well. With our losses on the road to NDSU, Montana and Cal Poly. That would leave us undefeated at home. Not sure that's ever happened at the Al. Maybe 2003? I know we lost to Omaha in 01 at home.