SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

I got home a little late, turned on the TV and the Bison had just scored and Wentz was 4-4 on the drive......was thinking crap......if they roll the Griz in MT.....we are in trouble when we go to Fargo.  Since then it has turned into a game though.

Exactly.....it's ok to be aggressive.......but you can blame 110% of that 7 points on a totally uncalled for 4th down attempt.  Apparently he doesn't know who he is playing.  Should be tied at half time and MT getting ball to start the half, just flat out dumb.

Those are some dumb 4th down calls to go for it by MT. I bet NDSU puts up 7 right now.

Good stop by Montana.  I think its foolish to go for it on 4th down like the did though. 

Couldn't disagree more. I love the strategy. The offense gains a huge advantage in numbers when electing not to punt or try long field goals. Especially when the opposing coach employs the traditional strategy.

Montana really  gave them 7 points.  Way too much time left on the  clock to takethat kind of risk   against a good football team.

Exactly.....it's ok to be aggressive.......but you can blame 110% of that 7 points on a totally uncalled for 4th down attempt.  Apparently he doesn't know who he is playing.  Should be tied at half time and MT getting ball to start the half, just flat out dumb.

You're right it should have, my bad.  When I logged on I was looking for maybe a thread just about the game but there wasn't one, but I saw a couple people posting on here about the game so I did too.  I see there is talk on the FCS thread....wish I would have been posting on that one...more people on there discussing the game lol.

With Montana taking down NDSU  what are the chances that Gameday comes to Montana now?   It would be kind of  exciting if it happened  when we play  Montana  out there.   The network executives must  of loved the  environment of the game in Missoula today.  They had over 26.000 at the game.

With Montana taking down NDSU  what are the chances that Gameday comes to Montana now?   It would be kind of  exciting if it happened  when we play  Montana  out there.   The network executives must  of loved the  environment of the game in Missoula today.  They had over 26.000 at the game.

A new record crowd for this game. I just hope UND's offense can sustain drives that gives the defense a breather as that no-huddle offense could really kill them if the offense doesn't provide any relief.

Last year our defense had 7 total interceptions. 

Question will UND double that total this year?

Yes, if UND's defense is going to take the next step from stats to actual wins, it will take turnovers. Even a poor to average offense can score points when given a short field. If UND's defense gets more interceptions this season, they'll get more wins. Simple as that.