SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

I believe I thought we'd be 6-5 this year. I'm thinking now we end up 8-3 as well. With our losses on the road to NDSU, Montana and Cal Poly. That would leave us undefeated at home. Not sure that's ever happened at the Al. Maybe 2003? I know we lost to Omaha in 01 at home. 

I believe it happened in 2003 and 2004. We were about one minute from doing it in 2005 as well, but I won't relive that pain here. :(

I didn't post an initial prediction but after the win at Wyoming, I'll go with 8-3.  Losses will come to NDSU, Montana and MSU. 

I get that we will likely have a loss, or likely a few losses, and maybe quite a few losses, but with what we did week #1 we should be in every game, making them all winnable.  I think we can win out at home with Idaho St. being the toughest match- up wise.  Montana and NDSU will be tough no doubt.  So will Cal Poly and heck even Portland St.  I have broken it down into percentages, and this is a moving target based on our most recent performance, including injuries.  So at this point, I am saying we have a 50/50 shot at playoffs assuming 7-4 gets us in.  

11-0    1%

10-1    4%

9-2    5%

8-3    15%

7-4   25%

6-5  25%

5-6 or worse 25%

I would pretty much agree with those percentages.  I don't think we are going to jump up to 8-3 this year but it's possible.  My previous prediction was 6-5, I'll bump that up to 7-4.  As we saw from the other scores around the conference there are 6-7 other really solid teams in our conference this year.  Not having to play EWU really helps us this year. 

Any revised predictions? I remember seeing a lot of 6-7 (hopeful) win seasons predicted, with three tiers of games -- Wins, winnables, losses. With the victory in Laramie, AND getting a look at the rest of the conference, does anyone want to take another shot?

I had very early said 8-3 and then revised it to 7-4 and had WY figured as a loss.   I'm still sticking with 7-4 with loses to NDSU, Montana, Montana State, and Cal Poly.

NDSU and Cal Poly are really not bad match ups for this North Dakota team.  Not saying I think UND would be favored in either of those games, but I think that at Montana and home against Idaho St. will be the two games that I think could possibly get away from us if any can.

Idaho State game is UND homecoming in the Alerus Center. With a decent crowd and some energy/noise, the UND defense could get after ISU's offense. Funny what hitting the QB a few times does to a passing game....

I expect UND to go undefeated at home. This pressure defense that Bubba has built this team around feeds off of crowd noise and enthusiasm. 

• 2 weeks later...

wow on the 2nd one

I thought the same, but he kind of seemed to disappear after a good start this past weekend.  May just be a statement by the coaches to push him a bit harder.  As with a lot of the positions on defense, they'll likely both see a lot of reps regardless of who the "starter" is on paper anyway.

Per Tom Miller, Tyus Carter now starting over Chris Brown at CB and Labat over Idowu at OLB.

http://millersports.areavoices.com/2015/09/21/arnell-out-for-season-other-depth-chart-moves/

Surprises me.  Not sure if Labat was in on many snaps on Saturday but he didn't have a tackle from what I can see in the stats.  Dayo had 5 tackles including a sack.

Surprises me.  Not sure if Labat was in on many snaps on Saturday but he didn't have a tackle from what I can see in the stats.  Dayo had 5 tackles including a sack.

Dayo had a serious limp and a pain-face after the game.  My guess is he's dinged up pretty good.

• Upvote 1

What did Iverson do?  After reading the article in the GF Herald, must have been serious enough to give the dismissal. (Reading Bubba's quote)

no credibility, but I saw something about shoplifting at scheels. Again, just something someone wrote, could be a rumor, could be true.

Either way, he did something to warrant getting kicked off the team. First a suspension then this? You have an opportunity many don't get, and you keep blowing your chances ... I dkbt have much patience for that. Pretty poor to let your teammates down too. Bring up the next guy.

no credibility, but I saw something about shoplifting at scheels. Again, just something someone wrote, could be a rumor, could be true.

Either way, he did something to warrant getting kicked off the team. First a suspension then this? You have an opportunity many don't get, and you keep blowing your chances ... I dkbt have much patience for that. Pretty poor to let your teammates down too. Bring up the next guy.

This is accurate, 1st he failed a drug test and than got caught steeling  $10 worth of stuff at Scheels. You don't get in trouble if you are already suspended, there is a zero tolerance policy within the program.

• Upvote 1