SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

no credibility, but I saw something about shoplifting at scheels. Again, just something someone wrote, could be a rumor, could be true.

Either way, he did something to warrant getting kicked off the team. First a suspension then this? You have an opportunity many don't get, and you keep blowing your chances ... I dkbt have much patience for that. Pretty poor to let your teammates down too. Bring up the next guy.

This is why it is going to take a few years to get this program on the winning side of the ledger. Bubba is still cleaning house and until that process is finished, progress on the field will be slower than most of us would like.

This is why it is going to take a few years to get this program on the winning side of the ledger. Bubba is still cleaning house and until that process is finished, progress on the field will be slower than most of us would like.

There will almost always be a guy or 2 who messes up and is removed from or leaves the team.  Bad situation, but I'm satisfied with how Bubba has handled it.

• Upvote 2

This is accurate, 1st he failed a drug test and than got caught steeling  $10 worth of stuff at Scheels. You don't get in trouble if you are already suspended, there is a zero tolerance policy within the program.

His first suspension this fall was for academics.  

• Upvote 1

Wasn't Iverson one of Bubba's recruits?

Edited by tnt

He is a junior this year, which means he was a freshman in 2013, Mussman's last year as HC.

Yeah, since Mussman wasn't big into keeping in-state talent, and remembering Iverson trying to recruit other guys to come here, I was thinking he was part of the new regime that was bringing hope to the program.  Definitely need to get the discipline back into the program, both on the field and off the field.  

• Upvote 1

I disappointed in both Iverson and Brown.   Iverson for the off field actions if what has been posted is true.  Bubba would not release him without a good reason.

Brown must not be able to accept a back up role.  Carter sure has made some plays the last couple of weeks.  I was not surprised to see Carter move up the depth chart.  I just thought Brown would be more accepting of the role.

I think we're going to continue to see a few more departures than we're used to for the first few years.  It's pretty much par for the course for a rebuilding football team.  The idea is to replace these guys with better, more committed athletes so that in 5 years we can come out of this a really good football team. 

• Upvote 1

ooops, was it something I said?  Seriously, Brown isn't top level FCS material.  Could be a great guy and teammate, but we can't keep putting a liability on the field because he is a senior and works hard.  This isn't Concordia.

If they are starting with him they can move on too Boas as well. I really didn't think he would start this year I thought/hoped somebody else would've stepped up. As far as Brown goes, for as much as the coaches raved about Tyus Carter I figured this move would've been made a lot earlier. I kind of figured Chris Carter might of been #1 coming into Wyoming. 

Chris Brown no longer with the team.

Mussman recruit; was not a top player by any means. 

It's disappointing that he would quit, but perhaps the fact that he's a Mussman recruit says it all. 

Watch for Bubba's recruits to continue to fill starting roles. They are young now, but in a year or two, watch out. 

I don't think we should make the Mussman Bubba comparison. A lot of these kids that are leaving were yes Mussman recruits, but some were Bubba's and all of them are young (22 or younger). It's not really fair to make the assumption that all Mussman recruits are quitters and none of Bubba's are. It's tough to tell with these young men how they are going to turnout. 

Well said.

I know Mussman was not a likable coach, but the guys he recruited shouldn't carry any stigma.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1