SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Minnesota's returning RB's are Rodrick Williams(SR), Jacob Kirsch(RsJR), Berkley Edwards(RsSO), Josh Parks(RsFR), Rodney Smith(RsFR), Jeff Jones(RsFR). Edwards, Jones, Smith, and Williams all should get decent carries and the only two I could really see transferring are Kirsch and Parks. Both of them are walk-ons and neither of them played at all this year although Kirsch has played 2 years of JC at Rochester.

I believe UND (Bubba's staff) did offer Parks out of high school last year.

Minnesota's returning RB's are Rodrick Williams(SR), Jacob Kirsch(RsJR), Berkley Edwards(RsSO), Josh Parks(RsFR), Rodney Smith(RsFR), Jeff Jones(RsFR). Edwards, Jones, Smith, and Williams all should get decent carries and the only two I could really see transferring are Kirsch and Parks. Both of them are walk-ons and neither of them played at all this year although Kirsch has played 2 years of JC at Rochester.

The thing about Parks is I believe we could have had him last year if we had wanted - I understand he was set to visit UND the last weekend before signing day and the new staff cancelled it.  I could be incorrect and it was him who decided against us, but my understanding is that it was the other way.

I think we heard two different stories.  I thought we offered him while it was just Freund and Kyle Myers, but again I could be wrong.

Yeah, I was just looking back at the 2014 Recruiting thread and it looked like there was a couple different versions of what might of happened.

Is somebody with actual knowledge saying Parks might transfer here? Did I miss something?

No - that's why when something is heard it typically isn't shared unless it's accurate.  It's possible a Gopher RB might be in contact with the coaches, and someone mentioned Parks as a potential one.  So while it may be true, it's complete and total speculation. 

• Upvote 1

From Iwarri Smith's twitter (posted 2 hrs ago)...

Also made a comment that he had not committed anywhere yet, but will soon...

Considering Coach Schmidt just visited him in-house, it's looking good. He has a PWO offer from Oregon, a team in the 2015 FBS national championship game, meaning he would be one heck of a skill position addition to the 2015 recruiting class. Hope it all works out.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1573082/iwarri-smith

Considering Coach Schmidt just visited him in-house, it's looking good. He has a PWO offer from Oregon, a team in the 2015 FBS national championship game, meaning he would be one heck of a skill position addition to the 2015 recruiting class. Hope it all works out.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1573082/iwarri-smith

Any idea where they would use this kid? He looks like he could be plugged in at a number of spots.

I think it would be safe to say  that Smith would be ready to play right away .    I am not going to let myself get excited until it really happened.   He would be a huge get.  The possibility of signing him  is fun to talk about though.   

I think it would be safe to say  that Smith would be ready to play right away .    I am not going to let myself get excited until it really happened.   He would be a huge get.  The possibility of signing him  is fun to talk about though.   

Agreed. 6' 1", 194 lbs. 4.45 40 time. And in his profile picture on hudl it looks like he has been in a weight room. Not to mention pretty impressive highlights 

Unless he gets an offer from an FBS school there's a very real chance we could land him. His opportunity here would great.

Looks like a friend asked him if he committed and he said no but will be soon. So hopefully we will know in the upcoming week.