SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I don't know if he's any good or what kind of competition he plays against in JUCO, but a 40-time under 4.4 is pretty dang fast, even for a running back, right?

Which means he really runs a 4.5.  99% of 40 times and 90% of 'height listed' are embellished.

For comparison's sake, Weston Dressler and Donovan Alexander were around 4.35 at UND.

I didn't notice he's a juco. I was thinking he was a high school kid with 4.4 speed. If I remember right Moore was under 4.4 as well around his Junior year.

I didn't notice he's a juco. I was thinking he was a high school kid with 4.4 speed. If I remember right Moore was under 4.4 as well around his Junior year.

Ya, Phil was in high 4.3's his junior year....did get a little slower his senior year. 

We have another coach driving to Michigan right now....I hope whoever is worth the drive.

6'3'' and 235lbs but can only bench 205? This kid needs to find himself a weight room and fast!

Yes, needs some strength, but he plays stronger than his numbers. I assume he gets a workout program this summer and will likely redshirt, so maybe a late bloomer, with 20 months to figure it out. A quick strength story......Phil Hanson and a few others while in college spoke to my high school team. Phil confessed to only benching 185 heading into SU as a freshman.

Yes, needs some strength, but he plays stronger than his numbers. I assume he gets a workout program this summer and will likely redshirt, so maybe a late bloomer, with 20 months to figure it out. A quick strength story......Phil Hanson and a few others while in college spoke to my high school team. Phil confessed to only benching 185 heading into SU as a freshman.

Ya, but with the increased knowledge and availability of strength training, it still amazes me that so many kids don't give a crap about it until the summer after senior year. I really am at a loss of words for it.

Ya, but with the increased knowledge and availability of strength training, it still amazes me that so many kids don't give a crap about it until the summer after senior year. I really am at a loss of words for it.

Seems a little harsh.  some kids have a longer than average wingspan and that puts them at a significant disadvantage on the bench,  some kids play 4 sports and don't have as much time to spend in the weight room.  Some kids are more interested in girls than the weight room.  If Bubba saw fit to offer him a PWO, and the kid is willing to take a PWO( no money) to try and make the team, I am happy as heck to have him on board.  He, like almost everyone who commits out of highschool will need to get a lot stronger and we have coaches who can help with that.  We have hit it big with players like this before - Jay somebody, played defensive end a couple of years ago.

By the way, he hasn't accepted the PWO yet has he?

Seems a little harsh.  some kids have a longer than average wingspan and that puts them at a significant disadvantage on the bench,  some kids play 4 sports and don't have as much time to spend in the weight room.  Some kids are more interested in girls than the weight room.  If Bubba saw fit to offer him a PWO, and the kid is willing to take a PWO( no money) to try and make the team, I am happy as heck to have him on board.  He, like almost everyone who commits out of highschool will need to get a lot stronger and we have coaches who can help with that.  We have hit it big with players like this before - Jay somebody, played defensive end a couple of years ago.

Please don't even start with the wingspan is a disadvantage to bench pressing bs.  So most people with short arms can bench more than bigger people? lol.  People who are big and cant bench much don't work at it.

Seems a little harsh. some kids have a longer than average wingspan and that puts them at a significant disadvantage on the bench, some kids play 4 sports and don't have as much time to spend in the weight room. Some kids are more interested in girls than the weight room. If Bubba saw fit to offer him a PWO, and the kid is willing to take a PWO( no money) to try and make the team, I am happy as heck to have him on board. He, like almost everyone who commits out of highschool will need to get a lot stronger and we have coaches who can help with that. We have hit it big with players like this before - Jay somebody, played defensive end a couple of years ago.

Jay Nelsen also walked into Mussmans office built like a damn horse straight out of hs and asked for a tryout spot.

I want this James Hendricks kid from Bemidji. Verballed to UMD but now holds some sort of offer from both us and NDSU. According to someone on bville, he will be deciding between NDSU and UMD sometime in late January. Hopefully we are still in the running, he looks like a good fit for what we want at QB.

Must be a decent recruit. I wonder which coach is there

Schmitty-

Might hear something tonight good......or maybe heartbreak city.  A PWO offer at Oregon is impressive, but I bet the student loans and cost of tuition would be 'impressive', too.