SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Oh-oh, noticed Iwarri Smith is now following some NDSU coaches.

A PWO to Oregon will get a kid some attention. Good to see our coaches are evaluating the right talent getting in early with him in the process.

Still an exciting month ahead.

UND has offered Texas LB Miles Johnson.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2515260/miles-johnson

Size is very similar to a current UND MLB.

I like his game.  He looks like a kid that loves the weight room and he plays sideline to sideline.  His video he makes a lot of tackles that are on plays with lots of back and forth motion.  I think his reaction time will need to be worked on a little as he seems to react a little slow to the ball, he does counter that with pretty good vision though.  All in all he would be a welcome addition to the LB core who looks to have some potential to be a key player in years to come

Johnson looks like a good tackler, strong kid, takes good routes to the ball with a lot of entensity. He appears to need to get faster and lose the post play dancing. Also, geaux sioux thanks for the video post of Ratelle. I forgot how pumped I was when he came here. For a guy who technically is too short he is a stud.

Johnson looks like a good tackler, strong kid, takes good routes to the ball with a lot of entensity. He appears to need to get faster and lose the post play dancing. Also, geaux sioux thanks for the video post of Ratelle. I forgot how pumped I was when he came here. For a guy who technically is too short he is a stud.

Rattelles highlight tape is one of the best I've seen for an LB that we've had a shot at. Absolutely blowing guys up but also making plays in pass d.

Sometimes when they say they got an offer from North Dakota, who's to say they really mean UND when it's someone from Texas. We'll see how it plays out.

Good point, they probably think North Dakota is in Canada.

He doesn't change direction very smoothly and like was said not all that fast. Let's look at that Ratelle clip again. Need to find a guy that looks like that.

Side note on Rattelle, he's one of if not the best basketball players on the team. He's a 250lb cat like quick pg. When looking at players we should also look for how they are in their other sports.

Side note on Rattelle, he's one of if not the best basketball players on the team. He's a 250lb cat like quick pg. When looking at players we should also look for how they are in their other sports.

We've had some success with wrestlers as well.

From what I have seen, it would be hard to compete with Reyes on the basketball court.