SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

This is a recruiting thread right? I am a ND boy,talking ND boys, not transfers, Who is on UNDs radar from North Dakota, not UAB.

Gotta love NDAC fans.... taking a transfer from an FBS school that dropped their program is bad but taking one from Georgia Southern who was kicked off the team for a gun charge is somehow perfectly fine.  It's shocking how little fans like kingranch know about their own program.

• Upvote 1

I did some research concerning the stable of stallions-  Word on the UAB kid is he's an angry runner....I like the sound of that.

Simmons has applied for a hardship, and the NCAA looks at these on a case by case basis.  I think he has a good case.  That said, his shoulder isn't healing as well as the Dr's would like and it's up in the air as to his status going forward.  With that, we hope to bring in another 2015 football ready running back from JUCO or FBS ranks, much to the dismay of queenranch.

• Upvote 2

I did some research concerning the stable of stallions-  Word on the UAB kid is he's an angry runner....I like the sound of that.

Simmons has applied for a hardship, and the NCAA looks at these on a case by case basis.  I think he has a good case.  That said, his shoulder isn't healing as well as the Dr's would like and it's up in the air as to his status going forward.  With that, we hope to bring in another 2015 football ready running back from JUCO or FBS ranks, much to the dismay of queenranch.

Any names or potentials for another JUCO or FBS transfer at RB?

Smith would for sure be a wr. I'm not sure why he's listed as a rb. And what about that stud from SD?

Yea his hudl says RB but I was thinking that change would be made he's got really good hands. Also another JUCO name I'm coming across a good amount is Kendall Huey from Pima Comminity 6'4" 240 DE with 22 tackles 6.5 for loss and a sack last year.

I have been told that Daniels might have some off the field issues that are deterring offers for him. Rumor is its to the point where SDSU and NDSU have said no to him. Don't think Bubba would bring that around the team.

One other name I have seen once or twice is Nash Sutherlin from MO a state I think we're trying to get into more. He had 2,115 yards last year.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3070540/nash-sutherlin

I have been told that Daniels might have some off the field issues that are deterring offers for him. Rumor is its to the point where SDSU and NDSU have said no to him. Don't think Bubba would bring that around the team.

One other name I have seen once or twice is Nash Sutherlin from MO a state I think we're trying to get into more. He had 2,115 yards last year.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3070540/nash-sutherlin

Looking at him as a CB?

Any names or potentials for another JUCO or FBS transfer at RB?

We have offers to DJ Peluso, Kryston Hammon, Taz Bateman who fit that category. And a couple HS in Romontay Hill, Awarri Smith and Tyree Range.

Maybe a player or two not mentioned, also.  If I were an RB and had the chance at 20+ carries a game......I'd be interested.

We could be. I personally think he would be welcome on either side. I really like the way he has patience for holes to open up while running. But he has good positioning in his defensive highlights.

Should be a pretty big warning sign for all when SDSU doesn't even want him.  He is not fast enough is one reason why.  UND has had enough backs that are not fast enough.  Need some guys with big play ability like everyone else has.  

• Upvote 1

We could be. I personally think he would be welcome on either side. I really like the way he has patience for holes to open up while running. But he has good positioning in his defensive highlights.

Yeah I was curious about his competition in the video.  He's listed as 5'10" 175 lbs and he looked like one of the bigger guys in the video.  Looked fast though and good vision.

I wander if Army withdrew then? To me he looks like a talent. You hear a lot of rumors you can't always trust about these kids. It is weird if SDSU is not interested. So who knows. Who cares we don't as far as I know have an offer to him.

Maybe a player or two not mentioned, also. If I were an RB and had the chance at 20+ carries a game......I'd be interested.

Yea that's a great point. I doubt we know of everyone intersted so there could be one or two out there with potential to make an impact here. I think a Taz Bateman would be a nice speed compliment to the power backs we already have. That could also make way for Santiago to wait a year to learn the system.

How does kingranch still get to post here after hijacking this thread once again as he always does? If he was an UND troll on loserville.com he would have been banned a long time ago. Moderators....clean this up.

Don't respond unless he moves it to the UND Ag school thread.

Charles Davis at Scottsdale CC is another name to watch.

Got around to watching his Hudl.  I think he would be a welcome addition as well.  I think the staff has done a good job so far in regards to the RB position but I think we still need to find a burner.  We have the power but once you wear them down you need someone with the speed to just run away from defenders and I think we need someone to fill that role.  Davis looks like he has the potential to do that also if we are indeed looking at Nash he has the potential to be that speed guy as well.  

Davis film:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/286385/charles-davis