SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

RB Ja'won Arrington from #UAB will be transferring to #UND for the beginning of the second semester.

And like I said two fbs transfers

One wr one rb

Still one more that's iffy out there

Keep patience my friends

Are the two FBS transfers you are talking about Arrington and Clives Georges or are there different ones?

I don't think there's enough solid info public to know who it is 100% but I know for sure Arrington was suppose to be on campus with Rabb. That is why I'm leaning towards Arrington.

I also think Daniels is going to be a good player and if we get him I think that would be the extent of RBs for us. With Simmons, potentially Arrington, Olivera, Santiago, Sharp (who I think has the potential to leave) and Daniels gives us a lot more options than we're had before. Though I could see one of the potentially 3 Freshman red shirting and bringing in one more JUCO.

With all those RBs listed 1 word comes to mind......unproven.  That's not saying a guy can't have a break-out year, but this position will be a big question mark until game day.  I hope to see one more JUCO or FBS option at RB, and that is with the assumption Arrignton is on board.  Unless Sharp is packing on the muscle and increasing agility and toughness, he's not an option.

RB Ja'won Arrington from #UAB will be transferring to #UND for the beginning of the second semester.

Are the two FBS transfers you are talking about Arrington and Clives Georges or are there different ones?

Well, there it is on twitter.  Arrington has virtually no stats from last year, very limited carries........

With all those RBs listed 1 word comes to mind......unproven.  That's not saying a guy can't have a break-out year, but this position will be a big question mark until game day.  I hope to see one more JUCO or FBS option at RB, and that is with the assumption Arrignton is on board.  Unless Sharp is packing on the muscle and increasing agility and toughness, he's not an option.

I agree with unproven but I think collectively the unit will be better than last year simply because they are the kind of runners that fit the system we are trying to instill here.  It take a few games to get into and I think Simmons starts simply because he was in the system last year.  But with Simmons Arrington and either one of the freshman or another JUCO it has potential to be a solid group with more potential than last year.

Ok, I think I recall reading that they play in one of the lower conferences in Florida. Hadn't watched any tape on them.

I think so teams are intersted but I think they would be partial offers or preferred walk on types of players. I also think that if they do end up going here at least one will be on the Defensive side of the ball.  They are pretty good linebackers too and if you can redshirt them a year get them involved in the system and maybe alittle bigger they could be very good on that side of the ball.

I agree with unproven but I think collectively the unit will be better than last year simply because they are the kind of runners that fit the system we are trying to instill here.  It take a few games to get into and I think Simmons starts simply because he was in the system last year.  But with Simmons Arrington and either one of the freshman or another JUCO it has potential to be a solid group with more potential than last year.

Agreed, I will take what we have going compared to last year. With all the wisdom floating around here, Simmons played 6-7 quarters of ball last year before his injury.......and chance of a hardship, meaning 2 years eligibility left?

No agenda, if you guys want to have you're own private website, so be it,, all I am saying is NDSU is head and shoulders above UAB stop with the. Transfer talk and build a program from the ground up

We have a massive amount of scholarships and need transfers to stagger our schollies. Get it? Four or five years from now we can't graduate 30 seniors and expect to stay competitive.

We have around 15 high school recruits already with more to come. Go look at your own team's history and you'll see bohl brought in transfers too, especially early on when trying to build up a talent base.

My team does not need to be looked at, unless you want to see a perfect recruiting philosophy.

We have a walk on who is projected as the #10 left tackle in the draft next year. He could have been at und right now with a schollie offer!

There is a WR for the Vikings that grew up 45 miles from Fargo that went to Mankato who could've went to NDSU with a offer. What's your point? Kids develop sometimes?
  • Upvote 1