SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Congrats to Lowell Schweigert and his circle of influence. You'd better be right.

My plan was to be patient with DeBoer to the end of season four.

With Bubba, it's three.

Signed,

Still looking for UND 2.0

They can get outside the perceived circle with the assistants. Solid hire.

Congrats to Lowell Schweigert and his circle of influence. You'd better be right.

With Bubba, it's three.

Signed,

Folks, just have confidence that Brian Faison did what's best for UND at this time. He exhausted all of his options and did everything he could despite the process. Bubba will be great. We need to support the decision and Bubba moving forward....

...right, Sic? What was good before the decision is also good after, no?

Sounds like sour grapes to me. That's not like you. Your arms are even crossed in your avatar like something is bothering you.

I guess I hope the good ol boy network is right too Sic. Maybe you can find it in your heart to give Bubba that extra year you were going to give Deboer.

Merry Christmas.

Folks, just have confidence that Brian Faison did what's best for UND at this time. He exhausted all of his options and did everything he could despite the process. Bubba will be great. We need to support the decision and Bubba moving forward....

...right, Sic? What was good before the decision is also good after, no?

Sounds like sour grapes to me. That's not like you. Your arms are even crossed in your avatar like something is bothering you.

I guess I hope the good ol boy network is right too Sic. Maybe you can find it in your heart to give Bubba that extra year you were going to give Deboer.

Merry Christmas.

I'm with Sic - the good old boys need to own this - I really hope they're right - we can't afford any more years wandering in the wilderness. As it is, I can hardly stand to be in the same room as my Bison fan friends.

There were people who were weighing on on both these guys and others. I heard from one former asst. coach who felt Bubba would be a great coach before they had nine finalists. I never new about your mythical good old boy network. If it exists, who cares? Most schools have alumni who donate and former athletes who support the programs and they may feel as strongly as you and others on the board that their opinion mattered. Shouldn't bother anyone. Both these guys and others who applied can coach. HS coaches in the area liked Bubba and respected him when he was around. He can recruit. DeBoer can recruit. Faison chose Bubba. There isn't any one of us who knows this isn't a great choice not is there any of us who knows it is. Know one here knows that any of the other candidates will be better than Bubba nor he better than they. What we know right now is Bubba is our new coach and he needs to get going today. Simple as that. We need to see if there is anything we can do with our $$, time, resources or influence to help him and this team be successful next fall. It was 70 degrees playing golf today and I get to have dinner with my family and go to midnight mass. We will get this thing turned around but for now let just thank God or whomever you believe in that we live in America and can attend church, mosque, or temple if we please or not believe if we chose to. But I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays and a Happy and healthy New Year. Go Sioux.

• Upvote 2

There were people who were weighing on on both these guys and others. I heard from one former asst. coach who felt Bubba would be a great coach before they had nine finalists. I never new about your mythical good old boy network. If it exists, who cares? Most schools have alumni who donate and former athletes who support the programs and they may feel as strongly as you and others on the board that their opinion mattered. Shouldn't bother anyone. Both these guys and others who applied can coach. HS coaches in the area liked Bubba and respected him when he was around. He can recruit. DeBoer can recruit. Faison chose Bubba. There isn't any one of us who knows this isn't a great choice not is there any of us who knows it is. Know one here knows that any of the other candidates will be better than Bubba nor he better than they. What we know right now is Bubba is our new coach and he needs to get going today. Simple as that. We need to see if there is anything we can do with our $$, time, resources or influence to help him and this team be successful next fall. It was 70 degrees playing golf today and I get to have dinner with my family and go to midnight mass. We will get this thing turned around but for now let just thank God or whomever you believe in that we live in America and can attend church, mosque, or temple if we please or not believe if we chose to. But I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays and a Happy and healthy New Year. Go Sioux.

+5

Was 100% on the Pflugrad then DeBoer bandwagon, but now that the decision has been made, GO BUBBA... GO SIOUX.

Defense wins championships and Bubba is from the defensive side of the ball. If Bubba can bring in and lead the guys in the trenches - both sides of the line of scrimmage - and get the defense to cover and tackle, UND can become a contender and winner in the Big Sky. That is what its about for this football team. They will become a team that makes it to the playoffs if they become a defensive minded team.

Watching the FCS playoffs this fall, it became very apparent that NDSU's defense is head and shoulders above the norm, even among playoff teams. They get the core of their teams from UND's prime recruiting ground. So, if Bubba and his new staff can make inroads in recruiting in the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin, that should be the first step in getting the Sioux back to where we all hope they can be.

If Geaux Sioux has a true finger on the pulse of Mussman's recruiting the past years, then, despite losing a few players to transfers while this process has transpired, UND should not have to wait 3 years to get to .500, they should be competing for conference championships and playoff invitations by then.

GO SIOUX!

Merry Christmas everyone.

• Upvote 1

Was 100% on the Pflugrad then DeBoer bandwagon, but now that the decision has been made, GO BUBBA... GO SIOUX.

Defense wins championships and Bubba is from the defensive side of the ball. If Bubba can bring in and lead the guys in the trenches - both sides of the line of scrimmage - and get the defense to cover and tackle, UND can become a contender and winner in the Big Sky. That is what its about for this football team. They will become a team that makes it to the playoffs if they become a defensive minded team.

Watching the FCS playoffs this fall, it became very apparent that NDSU's defense is head and shoulders above the norm, even among playoff teams. They get the core of their teams from UND's prime recruiting ground. So, if Bubba and his new staff can make inroads in recruiting in the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin, that should be the first step in getting the Sioux back to where we all hope they can be.

If Geaux Sioux has a true finger on the pulse of Mussman's recruiting the past years, then, despite losing a few players to transfers while this process has transpired, UND should not have to wait 3 years to get to .500, they should be competing for conference championships and playoff invitations by then.

GO SIOUX!

Merry Christmas everyone.

There's plenty of talent at most positions even after the departures. One position we don't is CB. There are other spots with potential that hasn't been realized but CB has maybe one half decent option, maybe. We could probably use a couple JUCO CBs.

With Bubba, it's three.

Signed,

Let's be clear about who's running Sioux athletics - our next posting might say - outsiders need not apply

Great post, but you forgot all about Festivus (for the rest of us)!!! :lol: