SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

so...i been sit at denny bar all nite....just no answer. just none

our ad is idk

he need to learn hot to make a choice.

still been hearin deboer

my sources are legit

Same sources that said Bubba would be named coach two weeks ago while you were drinking $1 shots of tequila?

What will be, will be.

I think BF has had his hands full in the past few years. I hope he lands on his feet with this one BUT I still say player attitude and dedication is a huge factor. Those of you in the know have made good points about his past decisions.

I like the green smoke idea!

These things do take time and the bigger the pot of public money being spent, the longer it takes

Hearing deicison will be made tom morning.

sounds like going to last a little more then tomorrow....end of week is the deadline apparently....

I orignally did say this mronging...but the good ole boys i was with last nite said end of week.

I regret to inform you its true

Just called my source

Done deal as of this morning

You and your sources are giving Nostradamus a run for his money.

• Upvote 1

Off topic...

Anyone remember the post where guy talked about Cal Poly coach screaming at UND student section about "you still have to live here" or something like that?

My money is 2009 and this guy was the coach.

http://m.bleacherrep...new-mexico-bowl

haaaaaa I bet the players have his 100% support...not saying it is right but to think this doesn't happen is ridiculous

Off topic...

Anyone remember the post where guy talked about Cal Poly coach screaming at UND student section about "you still have to live here" or something like that?

My money is 2009 and this guy was the coach.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1900081-colorado-state-suspends-coach-greg-lupfer-after-comments-during-new-mexico-bowl

Haha wow. It was me. Could have been the right guy. I thought it was an offensive coach but he definately looks similar but its hard to remember. Ill pass the picture around to who was sitting with me.

To balance out the player defections thread I guess this shows white people do all look alike ;)

Hey Mister next coach of UND Football:

Set aside all your Christmas plans, family, friends, gifts, travel, ... everything! Why? So you can stand in front of a quarter of the media you should (because they're all home celebrating Christmas) and answer the same mindless, pap questions every new coach gets!

Don't wait until after you've celebrated with your wife and offspring! Blow them off for some impatient fans!

Sounds great, doesn't it!

Signed,

Brian Faison

• Upvote 1

Set aside all your Christmas plans, family, friends, gifts, travel, ... everything! Why? So you can stand in front of a quarter of the media you should (because they're all home celebrating Christmas) and answer the same mindless, pap questions every new coach gets!

Don't wait until after you've celebrated with your wife and offspring! Blow them off for some impatient fans!

Signed,

Brian Faison

Which is why it should have been taken care of on Monday, at the latest. No reason to now defend why we haven't heard anything and its Xmas!

Signed,

Brian Faison

Faison better give him an extra year or two on the contract/offer as well, considering the new HC was already going to be behind the 8-ball...just making it worse with every passing day, let alone week!

Unless Faison really does make an announcement today or tomorrow, which would be pretty classless IMO, this process looks like it will take at least 38 days to complete. If somebody can find an example of a division I school in a state other than North Dakota where a similar search took anything close to this long, I'd love to hear about it. The longest search I'm aware of was Western Illinois when Nielson was hired, which took 30 days.

This whole process is beyond being a joke. Everyone knew Muss was done, but it still takes 38+++ days to do, and I see no point in announcing it on Christmas Day. No one is going to be there to cover it and no one will look at what media attention it gets.

I'm starting to see why NDSU is successful. They took steps to get it done right and done right away. They managed to get live, statewide TV coverage just before the NFL games started and the process was seamless.

Looking at the big picture, I really have to ask, "Is this program being set up to fail"?

Which is why it should have been taken care of on Monday, at the latest. No reason to now defend why we haven't heard anything and its Xmas!

No. It should've been handled after the Montana game. I said it then. I was heckled by some. I stand by it now.

Instead, now, we're dealing with what comes with starting the process in late November instead of mid-October. So, we have to deal with the process now instead of six weeks ago.