SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I don't know much about him but from what I have seen he doesn't get me overly excited.

I would be fine with Rudolph. He was in charge of some pretty good offenses while at St. Cloud St. He could also be an asset in recruiting given his ties to western ND (from Stanley and has coached at Minot St. for several years) and also his time in St. Cloud.

I understand all that. Just surprised. Same as when McDermott and Jacobson did it, too. Except Hedberg is quite a few years removed from UND.

what bugs me about this is that the ac as a program is now being viewed as a place you want to go as a step up from other fcs programs, and not just the bottom feeders.

They can't fall fast enough if UND is gonna make real gains in ND. Next fall will be interesting.

what bugs me about this is that the ac as a program is now being viewed as a place you want to go as a step up from other fcs programs, and not just the bottom feeders.

1. We don't know for sure whether he'll keep the same title at NDSU as he had at SIU.

2. If he does remain a QB coach, abandoning what appears to be a sinking ship to move back to your home state can be viewed as more of a move for family and job security than anything else.

1. We don't know for sure whether he'll keep the same title at NDSU as he had at SIU.

2. If he does remain a QB coach, abandoning what appears to be a sinking ship to move back to your home state can be viewed as more of a move for family and job security than anything else.

klieman made the same lateral move, while moving away from his family.

^^^^^^^^^^This.

Its an area that he coached in for a majority of his career. I'd imagine Schmidt will be coming to UND to be DC, that is a position he could have had at SIU. Does that make UND a destination or an opportunity to get closer to your home area?

• Upvote 2