SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

If we had hired a new coach December first how many of the players that transferred out would have stayed? Do you really think that having a coach in place would have kept them here? Remember that we were 3-8 last year and are replacing their entire coaching staff. These players left because currently UND is not that good and their is uncertainty at coaching. Seriously people, these players probably decided they were going to transfer back in October. The fact that we are not good right now is the main reason players are transferring.

Unless you personally know the players, you cannot claim you know why they left. There's a lot of variables at play - don't over simplify that. And yes, if a new coach would've been in place by Dec.10, there would've been less players leaving. The nearly complete lack of communication between the athletic department and team has been very appalling. Through discussions I've had over the past week with some reputable boosters, my opinion on Brian Faison is beginning to change drastically.

How about a Madden tournament? Must use "conventional" as play calling option.

Also, there was a quick update on the coaching search at http://footballscoop.com/the-scoops this morning. Seems that it has been taken down now. Just another note that Bubba and DeBoer were finalists and a new coach was to be named early this week. Maybe they took it down to ADD some new information. Has a decision been made...

a huge what if...

what if, after the face-to-face interviews over the weekend, Faison decided not to hire either Schweigert or DeBoer and wants to keep looking?

a huge what if...

what if, after the face-to-face interviews over the weekend, Faison decided not to hire either Schweigert or DeBoer and wants to keep looking?

Isn't this what happened with the AD search after RT left? I seem to recall there being three finalists, and then all of a sudden Buning, who was not one of the three, was interviewed and got the job. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Remember: applications are taken until the position is filled.

Any application that would come now would have to go through the same process:

It would get evaluated and scored and if it comes in as high or higher than the nine that were forwarded on it would be forwarded on for a phone interview.

Anyone know the consequences if the rules of hiring a coach are not followed?

Seems interesting all these other teams can quickly find a coach but we have a "process."

A rule without consequences is merely a suggestion.

the "process" has been followed...this is all on faison now

the "process" has been followed...this is all on faison now

I get that. What I'm asking is, why is the process there in the first place, and what are the consequences if the process is not followed?

Probably depends on what wasn't done, but the penalty for not following proper procedure for a state employee is probably dismissal.

Dismiss who? So we hire Bubba or DeBoer three weeks ago, the State would come in and fire that person? Doesn't sound realistic at all.

Spoke with people deeply involved with the football team. They said Bubba's interview was very good and that people who've coached with both think its a no brainer. --》bubba.

Great...what really grinds my gears is the lack of urgency to make the darn announcement so we can get this new era of UND Football moving forward.

Unless you personally know the players, you cannot claim you know why they left. There's a lot of variables at play - don't over simplify that. And yes, if a new coach would've been in place by Dec.10, there would've been less players leaving. The nearly complete lack of communication between the athletic department and team has been very appalling. Through discussions I've had over the past week with some reputable boosters, my opinion on Brian Faison is beginning to change drastically.

It seems odd that you say that you cannot claim you know why they left unless you know the players, yet you know that less players would have left if there was a coach in place by December 10th. You then use boosters talk to change your opinion of Brian Faison. Depending on which booster you talk to, Dave Hakstol doesn't deserve to be head hockey coach either.

New coach will have regain respect and trust of the existing and recruited players. Will have to recruit assistant coaches. Develop a recruiting plan - you can't recruit everywhere. Install discipline - sometimes you need to take two steps back to go forward one step. New coach will need to get the fans back (by winning). Lots of stuff to do. Fans and players will need to be patient. I don't know but it appears Muss lost control of all of this. Lost respect, didn't have quality assistants (proof is that none were offered new coaching job), didn't have a recruiting plan, lost discipline (players see this - just want to be treated fair and the same) lost fans due to terrible performance of team.

Spoke with people deeply involved with the football team. They said Bubba's interview was very good and that people who've coached with both think its a no brainer. --》bubba.

The only folks that can definitely say how an interview went are on the interview committee.

Now if your "deeply involved with the football team" sources are on the committee they are believable; otherwise, ...

New coach will have regain respect and trust of the existing and recruited players. Will have to recruit assistant coaches. Develop a recruiting plan - you can't recruit everywhere. Install discipline - sometimes you need to take two steps back to go forward one step. New coach will need to get the fans back (by winning). Lots of stuff to do. Fans and players will need to be patient. I don't know but it appears Muss lost control of all of this. Lost respect, didn't have quality assistants (proof is that none were offered new coaching job), didn't have a recruiting plan, lost discipline (players see this - just want to be treated fair and the same) lost fans due to terrible performance of team.

Translated: Deep hole to dig back out of.

Are both Bubba and DeBoer still on campus or in GF?

that would a very good questions for the herald??? seems like they log onto ss.com see what going on and then write a story w/o calling the athletic departement and ask some questions....the last few articles have no direct quotes from faison whatsoever which means i thik they are writing what they think is happenign over there??

The only folks that can definitely say how an interview went are on the interview committee.

Now if your "deeply involved with the football team" sources are on the committee they are believable; otherwise, ...

I post freely with my name but I doubt who I talked to would be as comfortable with it as I. If you think its crap that's understandable and fine. I think some people probably appreciated I shared it, some think its crap. Its a tough audience to please.