SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

• 2 weeks later...

By posting those positions at the same time (this would make sense since they were made open at the same time as the head coach job) you eliminate the painful process of getting your guys in place. Maybe there is a position or 2 that take no longer to hire and fill out. If so, so be it. But at least you give the head coach the ability of getting everything in place in a timely manner and hit the ground running. After the hires are done, there is TONS of planning that takes place moving forward. Many, many meetings to decide who's doing what and calling who. Recruiting territories, all of it. Call it offseason "gameplanning".

I see no logical reason for the assistant positions to have not been posted already to get the "clock" ticking.

What you said above is what I wish would have happened. The main reason why there were no recruits this past weekend is because Brian "38-Day" Faison decided to make the process last so damn long so the staff was not in place and running by New Years Day.

Got the first email from coach Schweigert today. Very impressive. He puts more heart into a simple alumni email than Mussman did. Basically he had three criteria for UND football players. 1. Great citizens 2. Great students 3. Great football players. He also said every decision will be made based of if it gets us closer to a title. Commitment, positive attitude, and self motivation are three other main points he hit on.

We're in good hands. Let's not take him for granted.

Got the first email from coach Schweigert today. Very impressive. He puts more heart into a simple alumni email than Mussman did. Basically he had three criteria for UND football players. 1. Great citizens 2. Great students 3. Great football players. He also said every decision will be made based of if it gets us closer to a title. Commitment, positive attitude, and self motivation are three other main points he hit on.

We are in great hands with Bubba and his staff. If they are able to get everyone bought in, we aren't as far away as some might think.

Great to hear. I've been on the Bubba bandwagon ever since his introductory press conference.

Have to be impressed with the enthusiasm and positivity he brings, spring ball should show a different attitude on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Is everybody feeling better about our coaching staff now? We have 15 recruits and appears some very good ones. And more on the way. Faison made a great choice IMO. Yes maybe took too long but Bubba has put together a great staff that can recruit. I am definitely looking forward to Bubba Ball. It is 3rd and long. On your feet.

• Upvote 1

Good to hear about Hoffner. I'm happy he's getting this opportunity.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25027597/todd-hoffner-fired-mankato-coach-hired-by-minot

"With all the adversity my family and I have faced, we are looking to dust ourselves off, move forward," he said. "We need to move on and move forward in our lives, and hopefully this is a great opportunity for us to do that."
  • Upvote 1