SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

As much as I distain the Green Bay Packers, I absolutely love this quote:

“Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good.” ~ Vince Lombardi

This must become the motto for all our programs, but it is especially applicable to football as Bubba begins the difficult task of rebuilding this program.

[Refrain 1]

2 UND WIDEOUTS go round the outside

round the outside, round the outside

[Repeat Refrain 1]

[Refrain 2]

Guess whos back, back again

BUBBAS back, tell a friend

Guess who's back, guess who's back,

guess who's back

Guess who's back...

[Verse 1]

HE'S REBUILDING a monster, cuz nobody wants to

see LOSING no more they want BUBBA I'm BLITZED OFFENSES

well if you want BUBBA, this is what I'll give ya

a little bit of ALL OUT BLITZ with some PICK SIXES MIXED

WITH SOME RUNNING that'll jumpstart UND FOOTBALL then a

shock when I get shocked at the ALERUS by the CROWD. when I'm not cooperating

when I'm rocking the ALERUS while he's operating

you waited this long now stop debating cuz I'm back,

I'm on the RISE and WINNING

I know that you got a job MR. FAISON but SET BACK AND WATCH

So the BIG SKY wont let me be or let me be me so let me see

they tried to shut me down on ROOT SPORTS but it feels so empty without me

So come on and DRINK, bum on your lips DRINK that,

BLOOD on your lips and some on your tits and get ready cuz this SHOWS about to get heavy

I just settled all my NCAA VIOLATIONS (REDACTED)

YOU EMMERT

[Chorus X2]

Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me

cuz we need a little controversy,

cuz ALERUS so empty without me

[Verse 2]

Little LINE BACKERS feeling rebellious

embarrassed, their COACHS GOT THEM RUNNING

they start feeling like prisoners, helpless,

'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "BLITZ"

A visionary, vision is scary, could start a revolution, pollutin the ALERUS waves a rebel

so just let me revel and bask, in the fact that I got everyone FOLLOWING UND

and it's a disaster such a catastrophe for you to see so damn much GOOD UND FOOTBALL you ask for me?

Well I'm back [batman sound]

fix your bent PLAY CALLING tune it in and then I'm gonna

enter in and up under your skin like a splinter

The center of attention back for the winter

I'm interesting, the best thing since BLAIS

Infesting in your kids ears and nesting

Testing "ON YOUR FEET ITS THIRD DOWN" feel the tension soon as someone mentions me

here's my 10 cents my 2 cents is free

A nuisance, who sent, GOOD OLE BOYS sent for me?

[Chorus X2]

[Verse 3]

A tisk-it a task-it, I'll go tit for tat with anybody who's talking this and that !@#$.

LEE CORSO you can get your BUT kicked

worse than them little BISON TURDS, and GRIZZLIES

you can get stomped by UND, you 36 year old bald headed WATCH me

You don't know me, you're too old let go its over, nobody listens to THUNDERSTRUK

Now lets go, just give me the signal I'll be there with a BLITZING PACKAGE

I've been WINNING, suspenseful with a pencil ever since

BISONS turned THEMSELF into a symbol

But sometimes the STUFF just seems, everybody only wants to discuss UND

So this must mean I'm AWESOME, but its just me I'm just obscene

Though I'm SAVIOR OF UND FOOTBALL

I am the BEST thing since DEAN BLAIS, to do WIN GAMES so selfishly

and use it to get myself wealthy (Hey)

there's a concept that works

13000 IN ATTENDANCE emerge

but no matter how many PEOPLE in the sea it'd be so empty without me

Love it!

Question for all on this fine Xmas day. What is the difference, overall, between Bubba and Chris Klieman? Do a comparison. What are experiences, successes, etc.

Bison fans, would love your thoughts also.

Still havent seen much of a response to my question above...

Still havent seen much of a response to my question above...

I'd say they are somewhat similar with some key differences. Age difference being one. Both have lots of experience as Defensive Coordinator. Bubba has a few years as a HC under his belt. Both have a ring as a defensive coordinator. Big difference there though is that Schwiegert helped build the team and defense that got him his ring. Kliemen really just took over a defense that was already on cruise control and went along for the ride. Both have spent time at more than one traditionally good football programs. Both are familiar with the same recruiting areas.

I'd say they are somewhat similar with some key differences. Age difference being one. Both have lots of experience as Defensive Coordinator. Bubba has a few years as a HC under his belt. Both have a ring as a defensive coordinator. Big difference there though is that Schwiegert helped build the team and defense that got him his ring. Kliemen really just took over a defense that was already on cruise control and went along for the ride. Both have spent time at more than one traditionally good football programs. Both are familiar with the same recruiting areas.

A lot of good points. Except one fan base was ecstatic and another was lukewarm. That is what I don't understand. Kleiman has done nothing to prove that he will be a great head coach and will keep the level of play where it is at.

A lot of good points. Except one fan base was ecstatic and another was lukewarm. That is what I don't understand. Kleiman has done nothing to prove that he will be a great head coach and will keep the level of play where it is at.

Personally I am more disappointed with the one month wait. Even more excited about Bubba after yesterday. Not sure if others feel the same way.

• Upvote 1

Well one fan base's team is something like 35-2 over the last three years so I can see why they want some continuity. I think a lot of UND fans just felt that a total reboot of the program would be best. Hopefully Bubba proves to those fans right quick that he can get the job done. I think he will.

Personally I am more disappointed with the one month wait. Even more excited about Bubba after yesterday. Not sure if others feel the same way.

The time WAS an issue for me. After just watching the presser I am thoroughly excited about Bubba and don't really care about the time that it took. His passion is probably as high about UND as anyone, and that will show up on the field. He just truly believes in this institution.

I'd say a more interesting question is what Bison fans would do if Klieman turns into a Hakstol - has a strong winning program and some conference titles but somehow can't win a natty. How long are they patient. What are the expectations for the program now.

I'd say a more interesting question is what Bison fans would do if Klieman turns into a Hakstol - has a strong winning program and some conference titles but somehow can't win a natty. How long are they patient. What are the expectations for the program now.

After the second year of a playoff birth and no NC they will call for his head. Bohl set the bar pretty high and it will take a lot of patience to match it. If NDSU fans think they are going to win a NC every year or every other year...just look at Montana.

After the second year of a playoff birth and no NC they will call for his head. Bohl set the bar pretty high and it will take a lot of patience to match it. If NDSU fans think they are going to win a NC every year or every other year...just look at Montana.

Montana...App State...Georgia Southern. What most fans of NDSU fail to realize is that we have seen this movie before, it was called the early 1990's. Reason most NDSU fans don't remember is either 1) they were too young or 2) they weren't NDSU fans in the 90's.

Sounds like Bohl is cherry picking some NDSU recruits already...only going to get worse now with Bubba & Staff (i.e. Schmitty) in charge, wait until (if) a verbal or two would change their mind before signing date.