SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

Didn't you guys lose to Indiana State last year and YSU the year before at home?? FU is beatable.

Every team is beatable.. Your holding on to 2 losses in 2 years as if it's the holy grail of football. If I was you darell I be concentrating all your great fb knowledge on how to stop the run game of the rabbits.
  • Upvote 1

We watched the second half of the game at a bar in Hampden, ND and my buddy asks which number does Travis Beck wear, and they all answer 52! That was funny. I have never been in a Bar in North Dakota that was so pro Bison. I almost vomited. :)

What the heck were you doing in Hampden, ND?! I'm from there. I would say they are all fair weather fans there.Please tell me you stayed and had the prime rib on Saturday night...

What struck me by watching the game is how much bigger and stronger NDSU players looked versus UND players. The entire program, from the coaches to the staff to the players just looked a lot more professional than UND. Maybe it was the high definition or the big-time atmosphere. I don't know. But I couldn't help but think that NDSU was on an entirely different plain than UND.

You can nitpick about the quality of FBS schools that NDSU has played and beat, but the bottom line is that they consistently win against FBS schools. Part of it is smart scheduling, part of it may be luck in catching schools in off-years, but most of it is just that they are that good. They have a coach that exudes confidence and the players to get the job done. Having lived through the 1980s and then the turn-around in the 1990s and into early 00's, it's painful to see NDSU this far ahead of UND once again.

The entire program, from the coaches to the staff to the players just looked a lot more professional than UND. Maybe it was the high definition or the big-time atmosphere. I don't know. But I couldn't help but think that NDSU was on an entirely different plain than UND.

Starts at the top with the HC and trickles down. Bohl truly gets it. Muss???...will see after 9/28.

I will set the over/under on how many times Muss removes his headset and runs his fingers thru his hair during Saturday's game at 36 though! ;):lol:

• Upvote 3

Bohl leaving could be bad, but NDSU can be looked at similar to UND hockey, even for a bad coach, it is still easy to maintain a pretty solid record.

Top300 recruits do not end up at NDSU anyway. If DI goes to 3 levels.....NDSU would continue to do fine.

NDSU MIGHT win the MVFC. No guarantees in weird power conferences. I'll take Montana to win the BSC but they could easily end up 4th or 5th.

IF UND ends up in the playoffs in Fargo....bad things will happen.

Totally agree, which is the point I was making. NDSU will never be able to compete on a consistent basis with the FBS power conferences. I do agree that they would be a good team in the second tier if DI went into 3 tiers.

My pipe dream: 3 tier DI football

Big Sky picks up NDSU SDSU and USD to form a 16 team conference. Break said conference into 2 divisions. East Division consists of Montana, Montana State, NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, Idaho State and Northern Colorado. West division consists of Cal Poly, Eastern Washington, Portland, Southern Utah, Weber State, Northern Arizona, Sac State and UC Davis. Something like that and move into the second tier.

Big Sky picks up NDSU SDSU and USD to form a 16 team conference. Break said conference into 2 divisions. East Division consists of Montana, Montana State, NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, Idaho State and Northern Colorado. West division consists of Cal Poly, Eastern Washington, Portland, Southern Utah, Weber State, Northern Arizona, Sac State and UC Davis. Something like that and move into the second tier.

I like it, it makes sense. Which is why it has zero chance of happening.

Every team is beatable.. Your holding on to 2 losses in 2 years as if it's the holy grail of football. If I was you darell I be concentrating all your great fb knowledge on how to stop the run game of the rabbits.

NDSU in my opinion can be beat by a team that is a little more balanced and can pass the ball when needed. Of course it would take great line play, but I would like to see the Big Sky teams actually come out of the playoff games against those running teams NDSU beat, and actually see if NDSU is more susceptible to less predictable offenses.

typical response i was expecting

OK I'll play.

So you're saying I'm wrong that NDSU could not be competitive in a major FBS conference for a full season.

Which one could they earn a playoff berth in (or Bowl berth I guess)?

OK I'll play.

So you're saying I'm wrong that NDSU could not be competitive in a major FBS conference for a full season.

Which one could they earn a playoff berth in (or Bowl berth I guess)?

Bison - 2013 Only (not 2012, not 2014)

MWC Top 2-3 Bowl

B1G Top 4-5 Bowl

B12 Top 5-6 Bowl

Sec 10th or so - no Bowl

Facepalm

Bison - 2013 Only (not 2012, not 2014 , or 1968, or 1898, but 2013...or maybe when Jeff Bentrim was playing..he was a GOD! )

Arena Football League Top 1-2 no doubt We play well indoors.

CFL Grey Cup, Champs. No doubt. Bohl would be bored. He hates Tim Hortons. Plus, too many hockey guys around.

NFL Europe - Semifinals. 1/2 the team would be in jail though. Nobody there likes American Football, so they couldn't' weasel outta prison time.

NFL in 'Merica - 10-6 record. Wild Card behind the Packers. First round win/ Second round loss to the Pack. Bohl knows football, but with two more years, they'd solve the Aaron Rogers problem. Then...perennial Super Bowl Champeeens!

Roll Tide...um...I mean Herd!

Yeah UND could beat FU since they have a kickass record in the Fargodome, then GT will see that UND is back to level ground with FU and therefore will be on the phone with the Sunbelt for an invite to stay one up on UND.

Because those games from a decade ago in a different division would have such a big impact on a game now ;)

You are something else :)