SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

This thread is labeled "congrats to NDSU" for a reason; give credit where credit is due. Now lets move on and look forward to our awesome matchup vs. South Dakota State this weekend. Gonna be a good one and I'm looking for UND to come out on top!

We did give them credit too bad it went to their heads and shrunk their brains with the we are BCS material talk.

If that's the number I would bet UND. 9 maybe if this was in Brookings.

I think it's a fair spread in favor of the Jacks. UND gets -3 for playing at home so -15 if played at SDSU and would be -12 if on neutral field. They are #6 in nation and a playoff team last year.

Now if I were to bet I'd probably take UND and the 9 cause I'm wanting a W!

Welcome to Betting 101:

The House sets the line to try to get equal action on both sides of the game. Giving 9 means the House is trying to get more folks to pick SDSU. Given that SDSU is ranked and UND is not, to me it says many folks don't know what to expect with UND hosting the game so the House needs to entice some extra SDSU action.

Thanks for the education. ;). I just figured having Darral/Duker on their side was worth at least 7 :)

Thanks for the education. ;). I just figured having Darral/Duker on their side was worth at least 7 :)

Goodness.

You really do have a problem typing "Hayduke". Really. You would think that a vo-tech school could at least teach a simple keyboarding class?

Well, I see that you are interested in betting money on the UND/SDSU game. Other than the point spread, what's the over/under on points scored?

Oh, do tell. We are dying to hear from a fan of the future Grey Cup champions at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences! (That Jeff Bentrim! He was quite a back up in the CFL!)

Great win by Bison on Friday...4th in a row over FBS team...lets break down

those wins...

2010 beat Kansas who finishes 1-7 in Big 12 and ranked 111 out of 120 FBS teams

in the final power rankings...

2011 beat Minnesota that was 2-6 in Big 10 and #94 in final power rankings ...

2012 beat Colorado State that was 3-5 in Mtn West and #100 in final 2012 power

rankings...

Friday beat Kansas St who are picked 6th in the Big 12 and are currently #64 in

the power rankings...

All wins by the Bison are impressive but they have been

fortunate to play these schools during down years...final analysis is calm down

Bisonville you beat 3 teams you should have and one maybe...

Congrats to the bison on the win. Until UND wins an FBS game, we should probably just leave it at that. A win against any FBS school is a good win. UND has played a few "cupcake" FBS schools (we had difficulty competing with Idaho) and unfortunately haven't been able to take one out...yet. Hopefully that win will come sooner than later.

Congrats to the bison on the win. Until UND wins an FBS game, we should probably just leave it at that. A win against any FBS school is a good win. UND has played a few "cupcake" FBS schools (we had difficulty competing with Idaho) and unfortunately haven't been able to take one out...yet. Hopefully that win will come sooner than later.

UND had 3 chances of a FBS win (IMO)....Northern Illinois, Fresno State, and Idaho (where UND was up at halftime). Still only NDSU and USD are the only Dakota teams with FBS wins and like you said a win against ANY FBS school is a good win. I see the NDSU-KSU game like UND-Texas Tech, Tech was down as they lost their superstars but still had a decent 2009 season (9-4 with a Bowl win), KSU can still have a good season but not like the one last season (11-2).

UND had 3 chances of a FBS win (IMO)....Northern Illinois, Fresno State, and Idaho (where UND was up at halftime). Still only NDSU and USD are the only Dakota teams with FBS wins and like you said a win against ANY FBS school is a good win. I see the NDSU-KSU game like UND-Texas Tech, Tech was down as they lost their superstars but still had a decent 2009 season (9-4 with a Bowl win), KSU can still have a good season but not like the one last season (11-2).

Forgot San Diego St. If UND had anything remotely resembling a defense last year that game would've been won.

Forgot San Diego St. If UND had anything remotely resembling a defense last year that game would've been won.

True, I forgot about SDSU. Its like we are just that close, and hopefully next year we can get the first win over San Jose St.

My Grandkids in West Fargo love the Bison FB Team & they love UND Hockey - one parent is UND grad other has degrees from both

I would not trade our Hockey program for their FB program - until they start playing each other in FB that wont change much

But good for them good for ND

• Upvote 1

Goodness.

You really do have a problem typing "Hayduke". Really. You would think that a vo-tech school could at least teach a simple keyboarding class?

Well, I see that you are interested in betting money on the UND/SDSU game. Other than the point spread, what's the over/under on points scored?

Oh, do tell. We are dying to hear from a fan of the future Grey Cup champions at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences! (That Jeff Bentrim! He was quite a back up in the CFL!)

Nope, no problem typing it. I just choose to use an alternate name. Sound familiar?

Hey congrats to NDSU and all they have accomplished the past few years...very impressive...but until they have that Nickel back in Fargo, that trophy case, the national championships, and the wins over FBS schools will be a little hollow.

If they had any brains down south, not only would they have played UND every year but twice a year home and home. They could own a long win streak over us now but they are so thick headed they can't think straight. By the time they do get around to playing UND, UND will be on par with them...short sided thinking by them for sure.

P.S. the next time UND and NDSU plays a football game against each other will be in the playoffs...and it will be very soon.

Hey congrats to NDSU and all they have accomplished the past few years...very impressive...but until they have that Nickel back in Fargo, that trophy case, the national championships, and the wins over FBS schools will be a little hollow.

If they had any brains down south, not only would they have played UND every year but twice a year home and home. They could own a long win streak over us now but they are so thick headed they can't think straight. By the time they do get around to playing UND, UND will be on par with them...short sided thinking by them for sure.

P.S. the next time UND and NDSU plays a football game against each other will be in the playoffs...and it will be very soon.

:huh:???

Beat SDSU first.

most likely won't be this year but very good chance within 3 years...for sure before Taylor inks the contract. As long as Taylor is in charge there will be no regular season game between NDSU/UND, but if both are in the playoffs you can bet the NCAA will match them up. NDSU team make up will change dramatically next year, especially if Bohl is gone...so no guarantee Bison win that playoff game after this year...the window of opportunity of dominance over UND is closing for NDSU without them even playing us...

• Upvote 2

most likely won't be this year but very good chance within 3 years...for sure before Taylor inks the contract. As long as Taylor is in charge there will be no regular season game between NDSU/UND, but if both are in the playoffs you can bet the NCAA will match them up. NDSU team make up will change dramatically next year, especially if Bohl is gone...so no guarantee Bison win that playoff game after this year...the window of opportunity of dominance over UND is closing for NDSU without them even playing us...

UND has had several contracts to sign the last being an every other year one that both Muss and Faison said no to. They wanted every year. We'll be fine next year as most 2's play half the game anyway.

Great win by Bison on Friday...4th in a row over FBS team...lets break down

those wins...

2010 beat Kansas who finishes 1-7 in Big 12 and ranked 111 out of 120 FBS teams

in the final power rankings...

2011 beat Minnesota that was 2-6 in Big 10 and #94 in final power rankings ...

2012 beat Colorado State that was 3-5 in Mtn West and #100 in final 2012 power

rankings...

Friday beat Kansas St who are picked 6th in the Big 12 and are currently #64 in

the power rankings...

All wins by the Bison are impressive but they have been

fortunate to play these schools during down years...final analysis is calm down

Bisonville you beat 3 teams you should have and one maybe...

To compare apples to apples...here is UND's record vs 4 FBS teams since 2010...

2010...lost to Northern Illinois 23-17...N.I. finished #30 in the final 2010 FBS power rankings...best team either NDSU or UND has played and UND was one play away...

2011...lost to #83 Fresno State 27-22...again just one play away from winning...

2011...lost to #113 Idaho 44-14 (UND was up 14-10 at half and fell apart in 2nd half to a poor FBS team, it was the following week after game vs Fresno St...but none-the-less a poor effort and the only one of the 4 games that was

2012...lost to #66 San Diego State 49-41...again just a play or two away...

That's comparing apples to apples vs NDSU...yes NDSU is 4-0 against their 4 FBS opponents and UND is 0-4 but you can see the gap isn't that far off. UND has played better opponents and had opportunities to win 3 of the games and led the other at half...no one would claim that UND was a national championship caliber team in any of those years while NDSU was the best team in FCS all 3 years. Point is that my assumption for NDSU to calm down about their 4 FBS wins is correct.

I want an FBS win so bad I can almost taste it. We have easy FBS teams the next 2 years, so it had better happen. What is really frustrating is we are the only Dakota school that has neither an FBS win nor a playoff win. Muss, are you listening?
  • Upvote 1

I want an FBS win so bad I can almost taste it. We have easy FBS teams the next 2 years, so it had better happen. What is really frustrating is we are the only Dakota school that has neither an FBS win nor a playoff win. Muss, are you listening?

Actually the next 3 with San Jose St in 2014, Wyoming in 2015, and Bowling Green in 2016.

UND has had several contracts to sign the last being an every other year one that both Muss and Faison said no to. They wanted every year. We'll be fine next year as most 2's play half the game anyway.

Actually Dan the last contract was at NDSU in 2015, and at UND in 2017 but nothing beyond that and it was being sent to GT to sign, I guess it got lost in the mail. ;)

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/13745/

As Darrell pointed out, Taylor was the one that has so far said no to the last contract offer. This has been going on for well over a year. Mussman and Faison were able to compromise. Taylor and Bohl haven't compromised, in fact they backed away from what they had originally discussed. Do you ever get tired of proving your ignorance for our entertainment?
  • Upvote 1