SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

As Darrell pointed out, Taylor was the one that has so far said no to the last contract offer. This has been going on for well over a year. Mussman and Faison were able to compromise. Taylor and Bohl haven't compromised, in fact they backed away from what they had originally discussed. Do you ever get tired of proving your ignorance for our entertainment?

WTF are you talking about. The last contract proposed by Gene as I stated was the every other year. I can't help it if Faison first turned it down and then came back later and was okay with it. There was a window to accept and that window closed when UND refused to accept. (and did so very loudly in the press) Ignorance is your handle.

WTF are you talking about. The last contract proposed by Gene as I stated was the every other year. I can't help it if Faison first turned it down and then came back later and was okay with it. There was a window to accept and that window closed when UND refused to accept. (and did so very loudly in the press) Ignorance is your handle.

Faison since turning down GT's offer was when we were in the GWFC since joining the BSC he saw the light and sent GT what he wanted every other year but just 2 years to get the ball rolling so just a home and home...Taylor never signed so obviously he doesn't want UND, would rather play Ferris St or Delaware and then bitch that everyone (including UND) is "scared" to go to Fargo. Guess what Taylor get over the 2003 incident, Faison wasn't there, Robert Kelley wasn't there and UND is NOT scared of NDSU.

• Upvote 1

Interesting stat today I found out from a college football guru. Double checked it and the SOB was right....

2007 Minnesota finished: 1-11

2010 Kansas finished : 3-9

2011 Minnesota finished: 3-9

2012 Colorado state finished: 4-8

2013 Kansas state....currently 0-1

Total combined record: 11-38

Hopefully Kansas State makes that number look a bit better as the year goes on.

To compare apples to apples...here is UND's record vs 4 FBS teams since 2010...

2010...lost to Northern Illinois 23-17...N.I. finished #30 in the final 2010 FBS power rankings...best team either NDSU or UND has played and UND was one play away...

2011...lost to #83 Fresno State 27-22...again just one play away from winning...

2011...lost to #113 Idaho 44-14 (UND was up 14-10 at half and fell apart in 2nd half to a poor FBS team, it was the following week after game vs Fresno St...but none-the-less a poor effort and the only one of the 4 games that was

2012...lost to #66 San Diego State 49-41...again just a play or two away...

That's comparing apples to apples vs NDSU...yes NDSU is 4-0 against their 4 FBS opponents and UND is 0-4 but you can see the gap isn't that far off. UND has played better opponents and had opportunities to win 3 of the games and led the other at half...no one would claim that UND was a national championship caliber team in any of those years while NDSU was the best team in FCS all 3 years. Point is that my assumption for NDSU to calm down about their 4 FBS wins is correct.

I disagree that you are comparing apples to apples. In order for this to be an apples to apples comparison, that would assume that an FBS team's ranking is affected the same amount by a loss to NDSU as a win over UND.

Interesting stat today I found out from a college football guru. Double checked it and the SOB was right....

2007 Minnesota finished: 1-11

2010 Kansas finished : 3-9

2011 Minnesota finished: 3-9

2012 Colorado state finished: 4-8

2013 Kansas state....currently 0-1

Total combined record: 11-38

Hopefully Kansas State makes that number look a bit better as the year goes on.

What made you pick those 5 teams?

In regards to the NDSU-UND contract offer. I can't speak for the last 3 months but I know for a fact that UND had an offer on the table for Taylor as of last year. As far as I know nothing has changed. It was waiting for Taylor acceptance. I don't know the exact details of the offer but I was told directly, "the offer is on Taylor's desk."

In regards to the NDSU-UND contract offer. I can't speak for the last 3 months but I know for a fact that UND had an offer on the table for Taylor as of last year. As far as I know nothing has changed. It was waiting for Taylor acceptance. I don't know the exact details of the offer but I was told directly, "the offer is on Taylor's desk."

The offer was sent to Taylor in or before June of 2012. Faison said within the past couple of months that the offer was still open, but that schedules were starting to fill up for future years.

I didn't pick those five teams. Those are the five teams that NDSU beat and their records the year NDSU beat them.

You forgot Central Michigan and Ball State...I think the Chippewas finished 8-6 and until Kansas State were by far the best FBS team they had beaten although not the biggest name. don't know how Ball State finished and don't care enough to look it up.

You forgot Central Michigan and Ball State...I think the Chippewas finished 8-6 and until Kansas State were by far the best FBS team they had beaten although not the biggest name. don't know how Ball State finished and don't care enough to look it up.

Just did a quick search and they finished 5-8. So correcting my above post....

Teams are 24-52. That looks a lot better. We'll go with that.

I think this thread is example number one for why no one associated with UND should ever give credit to NDSU for anything ever. The school is essentially a cesspool that specializes in churning out mouth-breathing idiots who spend all day crying and taking offense to almost any commentary regarding their university that is even slightly critical. Never has their been a group of people with a larger inferiority complex than Bison fans.

If anyone needs another example, just head over to Bisonville where a letter to the editor from a UND alum about re-starting the football rivalry has spawned 10 plus pages of commentary about how they've moved on and don't need to play UND. In addition, there are numerous comments about how Dave St. Peter is a total idiot by people who most likely live in their parents basement and deliver pizza for a living. If Dave St. Peter had graduated from NDSU, he'd damn near be one of the most successful alums in that school's history, but apparently he's an idiot according to the Bisonville basement buddies who are smarter than him because they spend 13 hours each day on the same website.

past history says that if ndac beats a fbs team that said school will be a very very bad team...its like death and taxes

2006 Ball State (5-7)

2007 Western Michigan (8-6)

2007 Minnesota (1-11)

2010 Kansas (3-9)

2011 Minnesota (3-9)

2012 Colorado State (4-8)

2013 Kansas State (4-8 or 3-9) ???

2007 was Central Michigan. They won the MAC and went to a bowl game. We beat them something like 44-7.

2007 was Central Michigan. They won the MAC and went to a bowl game. We beat them something like 44-7.

You shorted them 7 points, but thats okay, you must have been out of the game when Central Michigan scored their last touchdown.

PS: Wait a second....why are NDSU fans posting on a UND site later than 10:30 on a school night.....

You shorted them 7 points, but thats okay, you must have been out of the game when Central Michigan scored their last touchdown.

PS: Wait a second....why are NDSU fans posting on a UND site later than 10:30 on a school night.....

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, win a FBS game first before bad mouthing NDSU's FBS wins...

I think this thread is example number one for why no one associated with UND should ever give credit to NDSU for anything ever. The school is essentially a cesspool that specializes in churning out mouth-breathing idiots who spend all day crying and taking offense to almost any commentary regarding their university that is even slightly critical. Never has their been a group of people with a larger inferiority complex than Bison fans.

If anyone needs another example, just head over to Bisonville where a letter to the editor from a UND alum about re-starting the football rivalry has spawned 10 plus pages of commentary about how they've moved on and don't need to play UND. In addition, there are numerous comments about how Dave St. Peter is a total idiot by people who most likely live in their parents basement and deliver pizza for a living. If Dave St. Peter had graduated from NDSU, he'd damn near be one of the most successful alums in that school's history, but apparently he's an idiot according to the Bisonville basement buddies who are smarter than him because they spend 13 hours each day on the same website.

Its also on AGS started by a Bison fan, went about 4 or 5 pages before one single UND fan commented on it. I love the argument UND needs NDSU more than NDSU needs UND, and the game should ONLY be played in Fargo. Well how about this rebuttal on that....UND and NDSU's schedule is full in 2014, but 2015-2018 UND has 1 spot to fill per year so 4 spots for 4 years, NDSU has on average 2-3 spots empty per year so 8-12 spots for 4 years, and with teams backing out of home and homes on them, plus the price for a team coming to Fargo (remember Bison fans say the team CANNOT go on the road), I would think NDSU needs UND to fill that void without fear of a backout and without charging outrageous prices to come to Fargo. So when GT schedules another Ferris State or brings in Prairie View for 500,000 (prices do go up every year), lets see how long it takes him to give Faison a call to schedule a home and home.

• Upvote 1