SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

This board does not understand B12 Football. It is a league of speed and athleticism, and KSU has done very well competing. KSU OL is the best in that league, and they will get traction as the season goes along. KSU was accustomed to having success on the ground, but that played right into NDSU strength, so they were forced to be very one dimensional. This game was a tough matchup for KSU,, then add in a little lack of focus on conditioning for a 100 deg day and you see the result.

KSU got their wakeup call, and I expect a 3 td win vs. Louisiana Lay. That will be a pissed off team next week. If they are not a 8+ win team and top 3 in the B12, I will be shocked. They were also picked 6th in 2012 before winning the championship.

Let's add this quote to the increasing evidence that the average Bison fan doesn't know jackshit about college football outside of their own team. Kansas State is a very poor Big 12 team. Best OL in the league? Not even close... I bet Oklahoma would have something to say about that, I bet Oklahoma State would as well. Heck, I think I'd take Baylor and Texas' as having better OL's. This K-State team is probably one of the worst that Snyder has every assembled. I would not be at all surprised if they lose again this weekend to Louisiana-Lafayette. If that happens, I'm sure Bison fans will just pretend that game never happened like they continue to do every year when the FBS team they schedule goes onto finish in the bottom 3 of their conference.

• Upvote 1

Let's add this quote to the increasing evidence that the average Bison fan doesn't know jackshit about college football outside of their own team. Kansas State is a very poor Big 12 team. Best OL in the league? Not even close... I bet Oklahoma would have something to say about that, I bet Oklahoma State would as well. Heck, I think I'd take Baylor and Texas' as having better OL's. This K-State team is probably one of the worst that Snyder has every assembled. I would not be at all surprised if they lose again this weekend to Louisiana-Lafayette. If that happens, I'm sure Bison fans will just pretend that game never happened like they continue to do every year when the FBS team they schedule goes onto finish in the bottom 3 of their conference.

Well hell's bells I guess the BIG12 coaches don't know what they are talking about as this is the same OL as last years team that won the BIG12 conference.

My comments are based on B12 Media days, and comments from sports writers before and after KSU's first game. Anyway, you have your opinion. If you want to go with this is the worst KSU team in their history, go ahead, but you will be proven wrong.

My comments are based on B12 Media days, and comments from sports writers before and after KSU's first game. Anyway, you have your opinion. If you want to go with this is the worst KSU team in their history, go ahead, but you will be proven wrong.

6-6, maybe 7-5

... these Bison could make a single game against any FBS team. As far as competing in conference play, of course the Bison wouldn't fair well. That scholarship differential of 22 would rear its ugly head long before the end of the season.

That much I wholly agree with. I reserve comment on the rest of that post.

Apparently supposed to be pretty good.\ Your post is rather full of envy. We really have nothing to go on in assuming its one of Snyder's worst or best teams. If UND had played this very K-State team and been beaten by 30-40 points, you'd probably be posting something along the lines of "K-State is a great program and is consistently good under LHCBS."

True. But do you see anyway that team wins more than 7 games....not taking anything away from NDSU at all. Beating any FBS team on the road is impressive. We will see how the Kansas State season plays out before we can say for sure if this win supplants the Central Michigan win as their most impressive FBS victory.

On Bohl losing 3 out of 4 their while at Nebraska.....considering K-State has beat Nebraska 15 times in 95 games that might have been a contributing factor in why Bohl was let go at Nebraska.

It's way too early for me to tell how they will do in conference play since they are the only Big 12 team I've seen this year. I hesitate to make such a generalization based on such a small sample size.

As for Bohl's dismissal from Nebraska: there's no doubt you are correct in that. However, I'd wager if the Nebraska admin could go back in time to the point where they fired Solich and his staff, I'd bet a paycheck they would not do that again. Although, I'm told Bohl had his own issues there.

Apparently supposed to be pretty good.\ Your post is rather full of envy. We really have nothing to go on in assuming its one of Snyder's worst or best teams. If UND had played this very K-State team and been beaten by 30-40 points, you'd probably be posting something along the lines of "K-State is a great program and is consistently good under LHCBS."

We'll have to wait until the season plays out.

It should be interesting. I have no doubt that the Bison will win the MVC, but who comes out on top out of the Big Sky? Eastern Wash or one of the Montanas. Will they match up with the Bison

in the FCS championship? Also, if UND can pull off their first playoff appearance, would they end up in Fargo in the first round? That would make both Bville and Siouxsports boards melt down! :lol:

Big win for NDSU. They are without a doubt the best team in the FCS but those that think they should move to FBS are kidding themselves. And this SEC talk is a joke. They would absolutely get slapped around playing a full season in the big10 or big12 much less the SEC. Lets be real.

If were to play in the B10 for example that would raise the schollie level to 85 which would then help the depth issue. Considering we are cpmpetitive now why wouldnt we be competitive with more scholllies?

ps I also remember talk that we would get kicked around when we went D1.

Big congrats goes out to the Bison after that one. Like them or hate them you have to respect what they've done.

That senior class is something special. Thats for darn sure.

Read an article today where coach Snyder threw his team under the bus.....hahaha. "Told you we weren't that good!"

Considering we are cpmpetitive now why wouldnt we be competitive with more scholllies?

Would the depth be better? Arguably. But is depth the whole issue?

Right now the greatest asset is the vision and focus of the staff there. They can prep a team for a game second to none. They seem to be able to manage a schedule years in advance.

I see Bohl's departure some day as the biggest danger to competitiveness at NDSU.

It's way too early for me to tell how they will do in conference play since they are the only Big 12 team I've seen this year. I hesitate to make such a generalization based on such a small sample size.

As for Bohl's dismissal from Nebraska: there's no doubt you are correct in that. However, I'd wager if the Nebraska admin could go back in time to the point where they fired Solich and his staff, I'd bet a paycheck they would not do that again. Although, I'm told Bohl had his own issues there.

I believe Bohl and several of the defensive staff left a year or 2 earlier than Solich...but you are dead on. Nebraska is still trying to recover from Callahan.

If were to play in the B10 for example that would raise the schollie level to 85 which would then help the depth issue. Considering we are cpmpetitive now why wouldnt we be competitive with more scholllies?

ps I also remember talk that we would get kicked around when we went D1.

Because you would have to recruit against the big boys. If I'm an elite top 300 national prospect and I have the opportunity to go play for Michigan do you really think that I'm going to pass that up to go play in Fargo, ND? My guess is you would get the same level of recruits that you currently have, you would just have more of them.

There is a reason that the big conferences have been pushing to move to 3 levels of DI football. This isn't a knock on NDSU, I would damn near give my left nut for UND's football team to be in NDSU's position but the reality is that NDSU nor any other FCS team will ever be able to break into competing with those big boys on a consistent basis. 1 the talent level won't play and 2. those conferences simply won't let it happen.

Would the depth be better? Arguably. But is depth the whole issue?

Right now the greatest asset is the vision and focus of the staff there. They can prep a team for a game second to none. They seem to be able to manage a schedule years in advance.

I see Bohl's departure some day as the biggest danger to competitiveness at NDSU.

Bohl leaving could be bad, but NDSU can be looked at similar to UND hockey, even for a bad coach, it is still easy to maintain a pretty solid record.

Because you would have to recruit against the big boys. If I'm an elite top 300 national prospect and I have the opportunity to go play for Michigan do you really think that I'm going to pass that up to go play in Fargo, ND? My guess is you would get the same level of recruits that you currently have, you would just have more of them.

There is a reason that the big conferences have been pushing to move to 3 levels of DI football. This isn't a knock on NDSU, I would damn near give my left nut for UND's football team to be in NDSU's position but the reality is that NDSU nor any other FCS team will ever be able to break into competing with those big boys on a consistent basis. 1 the talent level won't play and 2. those conferences simply won't let it happen.

Top300 recruits do not end up at NDSU anyway. If DI goes to 3 levels.....NDSU would continue to do fine.

We'll have to wait until the season plays out.

It should be interesting. I have no doubt that the Bison will win the MVC, but who comes out on top out of the Big Sky? Eastern Wash or one of the Montanas. Will they match up with the Bison

in the FCS championship? Also, if UND can pull off their first playoff appearance, would they end up in Fargo in the first round? That would make both Bville and Siouxsports boards melt down! :lol:

NDSU MIGHT win the MVFC. No guarantees in weird power conferences. I'll take Montana to win the BSC but they could easily end up 4th or 5th.

IF UND ends up in the playoffs in Fargo....bad things will happen.

IF UND ends up in the playoffs in Fargo....bad things will happen.

Yeah UND could beat FU since they have a kickass record in the Fargodome, then GT will see that UND is back to level ground with FU and therefore will be on the phone with the Sunbelt for an invite to stay one up on UND.

• Upvote 1

They're as good a FCS team as any the last 20 years but let's keep this in perspective, they couldn't compete in any major FBS conference because of three things...size, speed, and most importantly depth...they would get worn down by good teams.

That doesn't take anything away from the product they are putting on the field now, it is impressive, but thinking they could play a full season in a major conference is asinine.

I saw the quote from the NDSU fan who thought it would be fun to have the two champions play at the end of the year, I bet Bohl doesn't share that thought. You think they kicked Notre Dames ass? This would be horrific.

we just beat a major conference team that made the fiesta bowl last year. im also not buying the "ksu is terrible." because they lost to ndsu. ndsu proved we are a very good team on friday. i think ksu will still make a bowl but we'll see. they returned 10 starters on offense and waters looks like he will be a good qb. an OL that is seen as top 10 in the country, one of the best RBs in the conference, one of the better WR tandems in the big 12, and one of the best special teams units in the country. the defense for them obv is another story. as for the sec comments, yeah, we would probably only beat kentucky, possibly missouri. maybe squeak out another one vs.an average tennessee team. who cares anyways. the fact is we are beating fbs schools when we get the opportunity

Who knows who will win what this year. The Bison should win the MVC, but there is a lot of football to be played and no one knows what will happen injury wise this season. Play the game and don't waste time worrying about how NDSU matches up with the rest of the BCS......matching up with theFCS is what matters now.

• Upvote 1

Yeah UND could beat FU since they have a kickass record in the Fargodome, then GT will see that UND is back to level ground with FU and therefore will be on the phone with the Sunbelt for an invite to stay one up on UND.

lol @ darell living in the mid late 90's. I don't think we need the Sunbelt to stay "one up" on El Forko Grande, I think 10>1 speaks for itself.

lol @ darell living in the mid late 90's. I don't think we need the Sunbelt to stay "one up" on El Forko Grande, I think 10>1 speaks for itself.

Didn't you guys lose to Indiana State last year and YSU the year before at home?? FU is beatable.

Didn't you guys lose to Indiana State last year and YSU the year before at home?? FU is beatable.

Two teams that would have probably beat UND like the red-headed stepchildren that they are. If your only hope at beating NDSU is the "miracle" game, shows how different the programs are.

Two teams that would have probably beat UND like the red-headed stepchildren that they are. If your only hope at beating NDSU is the "miracle" game, shows how different the programs are.

And if you think your team is unbeatable to every team under the sun then you should take off the green and yellow glasses and take a look at reality.

we just beat a major conference team that made the fiesta bowl last year. im also not buying the "ksu is terrible." because they lost to ndsu. ndsu proved we are a very good team on friday. i think ksu will still make a bowl but we'll see. they returned 10 starters on offense and waters looks like he will be a good qb. an OL that is seen as top 10 in the country, one of the best RBs in the conference, one of the better WR tandems in the big 12, and one of the best special teams units in the country. the defense for them obv is another story. as for the sec comments, yeah, we would probably only beat kentucky, possibly missouri. maybe squeak out another one vs.an average tennessee team. who cares anyways. the fact is we are beating fbs schools when we get the opportunity

Yeah you're right, you could probably beat anybody except Alabama and Ohio State. I don't know what I was thinking.