SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to NDSU

southpaw

NDSU is not a top half team in any BCS conference. They played a good game against a decent team and had a great drive at the end to win. There is a lot of FB to be played and there are some very good FCS teams out there. Very interested to see how the UND/SDSU game turns out this weekend as I have no idea what to expect in this one.

• Upvote 1

I was going to leave it alone after my facepalm comment but the absurdity is mind boggling. Lets see who NDSU would have to be better than in those conference.

B1G- 12 teams; Herd says they finish top 4-5; means NDSU would have to be better than 2 or 3 of the following: Michigian, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan State or Nebraska. That also assumes that NDSU is better than the other 5 i didn't mention. Unlikely.

Big 12- 10 teams; Herd says they finish top 5-6; means NDSU would have to be better than 2-3 of the following: Oklahoma State; Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Baylor, West Virginia or Texas Tech. Also unlikely.

SEC- 14 teams, Herd says they finish top 10; means NDSU would have to be better than 2-3 of the following: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas A&M or Vanderbilt. Beyond crazy.

I mean seriously Herd. As I said, beating KSU is a big accomplishment there is no debating that. NDSU has a team that is far superior to anything UND has put out there thus far. But this "we could go to a bowl in these conferences" talk is ludicrous.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

NDSU is not a top half team in any BCS conference. They played a good game against a decent team and had a great drive at the end to win. There is a lot of FB to be played and there are some very good FCS teams out there. Very interested to see how the UND/SDSU game turns out this weekend as I have no idea what to expect in this one.

Thank God finally the voice of reason hits. You climb 2 rungs on my "ladder of sanity" :lol:

As far as the game this weekend it looks like SDSU's pass defense vs. UND's run defense...I think it's safe to say high anxiety for UND fans.

Thank God finally the voice of reason hits. You climb 2 rungs on my "ladder of sanity" :lol:

As far as the game this weekend it looks like SDSU's pass defense vs. UND's run defense...I think it's safe to say high anxiety for UND fans.

You have to think (hope) home field makes an impact

Eat some more if you really think your other brother Darrell was being sarcastic ;)

You really aren't any good at this are you... (note the lack of a queston mark)

Now, here's a song to hum along with while looking at Mr. Beck's photo..

Only, I think he kinda struck out with the gal. But, he sure decked the boyfriend!

:lol:

Not to get back on topic, but I don't see a loss the rest of the way for NDSU. Maybe Southern Illinois, but that's it.

http://www.gobison.c...x?path=football

Yeah, but they took a blow in Carbondale this week. Heck, Lennon actually disciplines his players! What the heck is he thinking? Winning is the MOST important thing!

http://www.siusaluki.../090313aab.html

Sep 3, 2013

CARBONDALE, Ill. - Southern Illinois University head football coach Dale Lennon announced on Tuesday that junior running back Mika'il McCall has been dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons.

You have to think (hope) home field makes an impact

They need the biggest and loudest crowd in years for this game without a doubt, being 9 point dogs at home is hard enough but if the crowd isn't jacked from the onset it will help SDSU settle in early which could be bad.

Yeah, but they took a blow in Carbondale this week. Heck, Lennon actually disciplines his players! What the heck is he thinking? Winning is the MOST important thing!

http://www.siusaluki.../090313aab.html

Sep 3, 2013

CARBONDALE, Ill. - Southern Illinois University head football coach Dale Lennon announced on Tuesday that junior running back Mika'il McCall has been dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons.

I get it now. You wanted to be a cop when you grew up (note all of the police blotter info you keep digging up) up but it just didn't work out so you decided to continuously browse the Internet for pictures of kitties and puppies. You're not very good at this either ......

They need the biggest and loudest crowd in years for this game without a doubt, being 9 point dogs at home is hard enough but if the crowd isn't jacked from the onset it will help SDSU settle in early which could be bad.

I think 9 is way too high for this game. I don't think they can stop Hardin if they give the QBs tie to throw.

I get it now. You wanted to be a cop when you grew (note all of the police blotter info you keep diiging up) up but it just didn't work out so you decided to continuously browse the Internet for pictures of kitties and puppies. You're not very good at this either ......

Yeah.

You got me.

:silly:

We just spend our time digging up dirt on the football players of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. None of what they do EVER makes the front page of the paper!

(Also, it just be real, real hard to cipher to 9...)

Yeah.

You got me.

:silly:

We just spend our time digging up dirt on the football players of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. None of what they do EVER makes the front page of the paper!

And Minot. And Southern Illinois. And so on and so on

And Minot. And Southern Illinois. And so on and so on

Did you notice that those players were disciplined by their respective teams?

Oh, the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences has a fine football team. However, winning at all costs isn't the most important thing.

But, not everyone gets that. Especially those that went to a lesser school.

Oh, the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences has a fine football team. However, winning at all costs isn't the most important thing.

I did notice your fetish with it

If that's the number I would bet UND. 9 maybe if this was in Brookings.

Welcome to Betting 101:

The House sets the line to try to get equal action on both sides of the game. Giving 9 means the House is trying to get more folks to pick SDSU. Given that SDSU is ranked and UND is not, to me it says many folks don't know what to expect with UND hosting the game so the House needs to entice some extra SDSU action.

But those players aren't hounded by the media, are not victims, and haven't been through enough.